• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 10 1/2 hour Florida Supercon odyssey!

242 posts in this topic

For the record, I've actually had board members tell me to my face that I'm everywhere, a know it all, condescending and that I post too many pictures of myself.

It's true. I admitted as much to Roy at a Montreal con a few years back and we chuckled. And now I'll buy him a round at Wanda's after the next show. lol

Please stop the arguing guys. :foryou:

For the record, I've actually had board members tell me to my face that I'm everywhere, a know it all, condescending and that I post too many pictures of myself.

It's true. I admitted as much to Roy at a Montreal con a few years back and we chuckled. And now I'll buy him a round at Wanda's after the next show. lol

Please stop the arguing guys. :foryou:

I wanted to say stuff like that to Roy but he threatened to beat me up and steal my jacket

This pic has been posted here like 500 times for people to laugh their asses off. I dont remember anyone coming to his defense about how "beautiful" he is and how degrading and what bad form it is to laugh at him ??? Poor guy!

iherdsomething2.jpg

I know it's only a picture but this guy needs a web redemption on Tosh.0

This pic has been posted here like 500 times for people to laugh their asses off. I dont remember anyone coming to his defense about how "beautiful" he is and how degrading and what bad form it is to laugh at him ??? Poor guy!

iherdsomething2.jpg

I know it's only a picture but this guy needs a web redemption on Tosh.0

That would be awesome.

I was with Miami Knight working at our friend's booth, and I had a great time at the con. I met a few board members, and saw a couple that I haven't seen a while. The show itself was pretty good in my opinion. Could have used more comic dealers, and this con was definitely not for those that want high grade slabs. A lot of great books were there, but the majority was raw. I personally had an awesome time at the booth with Miami knight. Our friend had way too many cool books, and it was great showing to people. My first con was a success.

I was with Miami Knight working at our friend's booth, and I had a great time at the con. I met a few board members, and saw a couple that I haven't seen a while. The show itself was pretty good in my opinion. Could have used more comic dealers, and this con was definitely not for those that want high grade slabs. A lot of great books were there, but the majority was raw. I personally had an awesome time at the booth with Miami knight. Our friend had way too many cool books, and it was great showing to people. My first con was a success.

+1

I totally understand what Jive was saying at the beginning of the thread that it isnt worth it for him and other dealers to come a decent distance and i partly agree with that. If 5,7,10 dealers that deal in fairly HG slabs came to the show, they probably would have been disappointed.

However, if like Jive and maybe 1 or 2 others would have shown up, i really think that it would have been worth their while. I dont know that it could have supported even a handful of them but 1,2,3 good HG dealers i think would have been pretty happy with the results if they had come. Hopefully, maybe 1 or 2 will show up next year and maybe each year 1 or 2 more and build it to where it can support a decent amount of HG dealers (shrug)

+1

I totally understand what Jive was saying at the beginning of the thread that it isnt worth it for him and other dealers to come a decent distance and i partly agree with that. If 5,7,10 dealers that deal in fairly HG slabs came to the show, they probably would have been disappointed.

However, if like Jive and maybe 1 or 2 others would have shown up, i really think that it would have been worth their while. I dont know that it could have supported even a handful of them but 1,2,3 good HG dealers i think would have been pretty happy with the results if they had come. Hopefully, maybe 1 or 2 will show up next year and maybe each year 1 or 2 more and build it to where it can support a decent amount of HG dealers (shrug)

I agree. The major problem is that many people want the high grade slabs, but don't want to pay the price for one. I cannot tell you how many people asked about the few high grade slabs that were in the booth I was working at, but did not want to pay the price even if it was the GPA average. We did have a board member that bought alot of high grade slabs from the booth. I think him and maybe one another were the only ones who actually knew what the prices were for high grade slabs. I really don't think this show would be good for a high grade dealer. I have to agree with jive, way too many people want a high grade slab but don't want the price tag associated with it. I do have to say for us low grade collectors, and those that don't mind raw books there was plenty of great books that aren't very common. It as great to see these books in person. Low grade collectors or raw collectors would have enjoyed this con, but I do agree that maybe 1 high grade dealer would have pleased those with that certain taste.

Yeah, i saw a few people ask at like Crazy eds booth and they were definitely SHOCKED at the prices. I think people not familiar with slabs think that a 9.6-9.8 will be like 1.5-2.0x's the 9.2 price in Overstreet. When they find out its really 8-10x's Overstreet a lot of the times, it boggles their minds.

I did see and hear more than a handful of people talking about HG slabs they have/want to buy. Maybe they were full of mess and just trying to talk big to the dealers but it definitely seemed like there were enough people that would have paid the nosebleed prices if there was 1 or 2 HG dealers there (shrug)

I enjoyed buying slabs from you guys the other day. Your prices were very fair and you had nice books. I am hoping there are more high grade slab dealers at the show next year. I think the show can support more.

Jeff

+1

I agree. The major problem is that many people want the high grade slabs, but don't want to pay the price for one. I cannot tell you how many people asked about the few high grade slabs that were in the booth I was working at, but did not want to pay the price even if it was the GPA average. We did have a board member that bought alot of high grade slabs from the booth. I think him and maybe one another were the only ones who actually knew what the prices were for high grade slabs. I really don't think this show would be good for a high grade dealer. I have to agree with jive, way too many people want a high grade slab but don't want the price tag associated with it. I do have to say for us low grade collectors, and those that don't mind raw books there was plenty of great books that aren't very common. It as great to see these books in person. Low grade collectors or raw collectors would have enjoyed this con, but I do agree that maybe 1 high grade dealer would have pleased those with that certain taste.

FATCONGAL-001.jpg

Good job! Now you're gonna get me in even more trouble cus I'm sorry but that made me lol

See, when tippy does it it's funny , when I do it it's deplorable! meh

FATCONGAL-001.jpg

Good job! Now you're gonna get me in even more trouble cus I'm sorry but that made me lol

His has more creativity and flare. :baiting::)

And quite honestly, a burrito bar would have been a nice addition to the food selection in that place. (thumbs u

FATCONGAL-001.jpg

His isn't even worthy of a response...but then again he wasn't running around branding people bigots either.

FATCONGAL-001.jpg

His isn't even worthy of a response...but then again he wasn't running around branding people bigots either.

Seriously dude, you're such an idi ot I can't even get upset at you if I tried. The only people I "branded" bigots were people loudly and proudly posting how much they hate all gay people. Buy a dictionary, that's the definition of a bigot (thumbs u

FATCONGAL-001.jpg

His has more creativity and flare. :baiting::)

And quite honestly, a burrito bar would have been a nice addition to the food selection in that place. (thumbs u

I would have thought she wished for a bottle of Febreeze as she entered.

Dan

FATCONGAL-001.jpg

Seriously dude, you're such an idi ot I can't even get upset at you if I tried. The only people I "branded" bigots were people loudly and proudly posting how much they hate all gay people. Buy a dictionary, that's the definition of a bigot (thumbs u

I liked you better before you had your FDQ exit, now you're just a chode..and seemingly proud of it.