• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most valuable comic you have damaged

50 posts in this topic

When we were younger and would argue and fight (often) my younger brother would throw my comics out of the upstairs windows.

If I still had these I am sure they would be nondescript Bronze Marvel.

But what have you ever damaged that has cost you dearly?

Every dropped an FF#1 down the toilet?

Accidentally?

A comic book here and there as a kid from tape sticking to the back of the book before I knew how to put them away. But nothing too serious.

Intentionally?

Nothing... we did not have much as kids. So anytime we did get an action figure or a comic book or even baseball cards it was a special day and the objects were treated with great care because there was no replacement.

I never blew up a GI Joe figure with fireworks because I knew that the next time I ever got one of those may not be for awhile. I also knew that my mom and dad would be upset because they paid for it and could not afford a lot. Hell, I remember my mom taking me to eat once in awhile and watching me eat while she looked around because she could not afford for both of us to eat.

I really didn't damage this comic myself, but I think it fits here....

I had just paid off a ASM #129 at my LCS for $100, placed the comic on my front passenger seat, drove home. On the way home I was in a head on collision (not my fault) which sent me to the hospital.

After many months of recovery I was able to go to the towing yard for my possesions that were in the car. The ASM #129 was crumpled up under the front floorboard.

I was bummed because at that time it was the most expensive comic I'd ever purchased. It was in about 7.5 when I bought it.....That was 10 years ago.

Accidentally?

A comic book here and there as a kid from tape sticking to the back of the book before I knew how to put them away. But nothing too serious.

Intentionally?

Nothing... we did not have much as kids. So anytime we did get an action figure or a comic book or even baseball cards it was a special day and the objects were treated with great care because there was no replacement.

I never blew up a GI Joe figure with fireworks because I knew that the next time I ever got one of those may not be for awhile. I also knew that my mom and dad would be upset because they paid for it and could not afford a lot. Hell, I remember my mom taking me to eat once in awhile and watching me eat while she looked around because she could not afford for both of us to eat.

That all sounds very familiar.

For me, it was the dreaded Scotch tape when it came taking books out of a bag. I was a little kid, but I eventually figured out Scotch tape bad/transparent tape good. I had my share of accidental tape pulls as a young collector, but no book of consequence.

Accidentally?

Intentionally?

That all sounds very familiar.

Familiar as to you having similar circumstances or familiar as in you grew up next door to me and we really know one another in real life?

I only have vague memories of tearing the extra cover or covers off a multi cover comic.

I had some Whitman variants I treated like . I don't really know. Stuff I bought off the rack like first appearance of Venom that got beat up from me enjoying them

I want to know which one of you hooligans is responsible for this :sumo:

i-qqNC3m2-XL.jpg

1st appearance of Zatanna with Hawkman ultra enhanced abs! :lol:

I can think of a lot of other parts of the anatomy that this person could have enhanced besides the abs.

I bought an ASM 300 off the rack and my niece wanted something to do

and I let her draw in it.

I read this book one time and said to myself there is no way a ripoff villain that

took spidey's alien suit will become anything...

lol

I was going to buy a new mutants 98 but the girl taking the comic out so i could see the bc let the tape land right on dead pool. It was 9.6/8 based on fc for 25$$

always ask if you can do it. and when I do I always remove the tape completely.

I mangled a Hulk 181, X-Men 94, a Giant Size X-Men #1, and every Neal Adams Bats I bought off the rack. Back in the day, these books were enjoyed, not really collected.