• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Death of the Family" storyline (Batman)

371 posts in this topic

I wasn't sure of the etiquette for posting pirated books here. I don't really think it's something that should be promoted on these boards. If you do it yourself then whatever, but I don't think we should be passing around links like that.

Just a link for those that want to read it early. I'll be buying it anyways so it doesn't bother me.

All I can say is this is far from the best written joker and definitely was not Snyders best take on batman. I'm sure the casual fanboys and media will praise his genius as they always do but his joker story was just "meh" to me.

I really don't think Snyder writes Bruce Wayne "bats" well at all and dumbs down his intellect. Anyways, did enjoy his take on Grayson "bats" when he was on detective.

I think, if this were just an isolated Joker story and without the fanfare of his big return and a story that will shake the Bat mythos to its core, I'd have liked it. As it is, it just feels incomplete.

The Disney-esque fall of the villain, the passive aggressive, to a person, behavior of the "family." None of it screams long-term to me. Not that anything in comics is, but this seems particularly fleeting.

I enjoyed the original "Death of the Family" storyline better than this one. Just a huge gimmick to sell lots of issues.

you mean "A Death in the Family", this wasn't a remake or retelling...

Haha yeah but I think you know what I meant. All the tie-ins were pretty much *spoon*.

I haven't read batman 17 yet, but even if it's bad, Snyder has still written an incredibly great run on batman so far with more to go. Snyder is definitely on par with Paul Dini for best batman in at least a decade, maybe two decades.

I haven't read batman 17 yet, but even if it's bad, Snyder has still written an incredibly great run on batman so far with more to go. Snyder is definitely on par with Paul Dini for best batman in at least a decade, maybe two decades.

I agree. Snyder's run has been great, even if I feel the final resolution with Death of the Family is a bit flat.

Yuuuup!

I thought #17 was superb.

"Death of the Family" indeed.

Subtle.

Effective.

Crowd pleaser?

Nope.

Scott Snyder has no balls.

Oh come on. You know he can't do you know what...

If you want to be remembered as the greatest Batman writer ever then DC should have let him do you know what.

If I were DC I would have printed some special message from the Joker in that little book. After all the Joker is a chemist, It can't be that hard for him to whip up some black light ink. Think of how sick that would have been especially if DC told no one about it!