• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,039 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2022 at 5:28 AM, qlow said:

i tried asking this a couple days ago and didn't get an answer.. but if you send in some comics for a CGC signing event, do they show up in your dashboard once they open your package? or will it show up on the dashboard closer to the end of the signing cut off date?

Once they open your package.

My July Modern Prescreens are in Quality Control.  Fingers crossed for 25/25

25 Modern Prescreen  (Currently ~ 136 business days, TAT 133)

• Delivered  7/14/21
  • SFG  9/2/21
  • G/E/I  1/11/22
  • Grading/QC  1/20/22

25 Modern Prescreen  (Currently ~ 106 business days, TAT 133)

• Delivered  8/25/21
  • SFG  9/30/21

12 Modern  (Currently ~ 43 business days, TAT 118)

• Delivered  11/22/21
  • SFG  11/29/21

25 Modern Prescreen  (Currently ~ 30 business days, TAT 133)

• Delivered 12/9/21
  • SFG  12/14/21

19 Modern Prescreen  (Currently ~ 30 business days, TAT 133)

• Delivered 12/9/21
  • SFG  12/14/21

On 1/20/2022 at 8:04 PM, joeypost said:

More interested in an answer. In most places, when you pay more, you expect to get what you pay for. When someone submits moderns and pays $24.00 and gets them back in a week, it makes you question the metrics used to keep track of the books customers paid $39.00 for that sit for months. 

Agree 100%!  Fast track is broken and doesn’t mean a thing. CGC does what they want with your.books when they feel like doing it.  Same with CCS and fast track in my opinion.  So frustrated with their broken system of getting books through. 

From current grading schedule it appears like this:

slow track moderns from mid-Sept are being graded

Pre-screen slow track moderns from mid-July are being graded

So 2 month penalty for not giving CGC a cash advance it appears. 

My current cash advance ETF for CGC is 8k.  Thats how much I had to give currently upfront to get books back every month in 2022.  Next up 9/29's.   

Just like the rest of the world I am sure (just speculation) that they are dealing with Omnicron workers out.  So I assume in mid-Feb, they will have a higher % of the workforce back because even receiving is starting to get backed up somewhat again.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 9.00.53 AM.png

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/21/2022 at 11:09 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

Then they blame CGC for a book coming back a 8.0, and they don't understand because they graded it 9.4.

:news: You can't grade! 

Can't wait to see the CGC grading contest.  :roflmao:

On 1/21/2022 at 11:09 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

Also seeing more "CGC Unboxing" videos from people on YouTube that makes me understand even more how most people don't deserve to have money in this world on how illogically terrible their submissions are.  I wouldn't care as much if they were personal books, but clearly from their videos their submissions were for financial gain. 

Then they blame CGC for a book coming back a 8.0, and they don't understand because they graded it 9.4.

:news: You can't grade! 

I do enjoy seeing them lose money though. They deserve it!

Personally, I think NewWorldOrder should create his own Youtube channel bashing submitters who can't grade, but send in a million books to clog the system. I'd be a subscriber. :)

On 1/21/2022 at 9:19 AM, skybolt said:

Personally, I think NewWorldOrder should create his own Youtube channel bashing submitters who can't grade, but send in a million books to clog the system. I'd be a subscriber. :)

I would prob get death threats. lol

My catch phrase would be to end every video.

"As per usually what I send to CGC makes sense, what you submit probably doesn't."

:shy: Hate will get you more clicks. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/21/2022 at 9:53 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

From current grading schedule it appears like this:

slow track moderns from mid-Sept are being graded

Yes, my slow modern received 9/15 moved to g/e/i today.

Still have one 9/14 submission at scheduled for grading. Two other 9/14s moved to g/e/i earlier this week.

On 1/21/2022 at 11:24 AM, dikran1 said:

So wait there are people submitting books with hopes of no financial gain? :insane:

I get it to some degree. We all had to start at some point, and I know I made plenty of mistakes early on. The difference being A.) I only sent a small sample when I was learning the ropes and B.) I didn't have the audacity to start my own YouTube channel and blame CGC for me being green.

On 1/21/2022 at 10:43 AM, eddly said:

Yes, my slow modern received 9/15 moved to g/e/i today.

Still have one 9/14 submission at scheduled for grading. Two other 9/14s moved to g/e/i earlier this week.

Just to add to this, the 9/14 received batch is likely delayed as the graders are probably passing it around to each other having a good laugh. Why did these books get submitted?!?!!? I’m scared…