• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2022 at 7:51 AM, Stefan_W said:

My last fast track was also really fast. I love that quick turnaround and I am about to send another FT modern group in today. 

Now the real test is my modern slow of 16 that got opened at the same time...as I said earlier last modern slow I submitted only took two months.  Before that, my August modern slow submission took around ten months.

On 5/17/2022 at 9:05 PM, Petroman said:

The economic "laws" of supply and demand would say that there is far more demand than supply.  The way to fix this is to either increase the supply, e.g. graders, or raise the prices to lower demand.  I know they have been doing both, but apparently they have more to do on both fronts.  Personally I would just get rid of FAST TRACK and make the entry into both MODERN and ECONOMY be the current tier + FAST TRACK prices, e.g. $39 for MODERN and $50 for ECONOMY.  Maybe label the increase as SURGE pricing (a la Uber) and if the demand ever abates they can roll back some of the price increase.  Not sure that will ever happen though...

You nailed it right there + you can't just shut down and not take anymore orders just to get caught up, especially when you are owned by an investor group. Investors want to keep seeing money coming in, not shutting down taking new orders. As much as it sucks, having dynamic pricing as you have noted may help with some of this and even worse now that the founder of CBCS is leaving there who knows where their state of business will go.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:24 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I sign all of my comic books on the front and back covers in green colored Sharpie. To make it interesting, I stand on line, talk to myself for 5 minutes, and then kindly and respectfully ask for my signature. My request is always accepted. :wink:

Edit: In order to stay on topic, my Modern slow track submission of 35 comic books, received on 3/8/22 (arrived at CGC on February 12, 2022-CGC noted arrival as February 14) has been Scheduled for Grading since 3/8/22. I'm hopeful that the comic books will be returned to me in June 2022.

Moved to G/E/I today.

image.thumb.png.dda87f8bf7bc746a24115c3f98287fe3.png

On 5/18/2022 at 9:51 AM, Bird said:

we need a separate economy tier TAT thread. I feel like saying "whoop de freaking doo" every time someone posts a modern TAT

I agree. I have to sift through economy complaints to find the stuff I am looking for here. A separate thread seems like a good solution since the economy and moderns are on different wavelengths for TATs. 

On 5/11/2022 at 2:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 5/5/2022 at 8:14 AM, CGC Mike said:

I was told we’re actually just shifting resources right now to tackle EC. You should be seeing some movement on that tier over the coming weeks.

Good Luck GIF - Good Luck GIFs

On 5/18/2022 at 8:17 AM, captainzombie said:

You nailed it right there + you can't just shut down and not take anymore orders just to get caught up

PSA and BGS did that during the height of the sports card boom - when percentage gains in sports cards were making increases in comic books look pathetic. 

Last week I sent several tiers in the same box...one Express, five FTM and two for Gerry Conway signing..last friday the Express and FTM were put into SFG mode...but no 'sign' of the signings...I hope the unthinkable is not about to happen (The Infinity Turnaround Time) ..emailed CGC two days ago but no response yet..I am telling myself that they went to CCS and just havent been inputted yet.

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 5/18/2022 at 11:53 AM, Ed Hanes said:

Last week I sent several tiers in the same box...one Express, five FTM and two for Gerry Conway signing..last friday the Express and FTM were put into SFG mode...but no 'sign' of the signings...I hope the unthinkable is not about to happen (The Infinity Turnaround Time) ..emailed CGC two days ago but no response yet..I am telling myself that they went to CCS and just havent been inputted yet.

I had the same thing happen with the Martin Simmonds signing. The signing books didn't show up until a full 10 days after the others were input and SFG. 

Received on 2/25
18 modern books
Fast track, prescreen, press, and grade

currently sits in CCS in Process it has for 7 business days.  

Can someone let me know the usual turn around time from CCS in Process?  

Thank you kindly,

B Dubs

On 5/18/2022 at 11:04 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Anyone using standard tier?? Just filled out the form for a standard and wanted to know if everything was on point. 

My current submission is standard. Just went to G/E/I yesterday, in fact. 

Rec’d 5/12

SFG 5/16

G/E/I 5/17

Edited by alexanderjk

On 5/18/2022 at 11:47 AM, lotofsilver said:

I had the same thing happen with the Martin Simmonds signing. The signing books didn't show up until a full 10 days after the others were input and SFG. 

Ok, that’s good to know I am not alone 

On 5/18/2022 at 3:40 PM, Bird said:

If you told young hatchling Bird that he would spend waay too much time on the computer discussing TATs he would have thought you had a thick accent

Sorry Bird...(shrug)

Screenshot (41).png

Edited by ak47po

On 5/18/2022 at 5:20 PM, ak47po said:

Sorry Bird...(shrug)

Screenshot (41).png

I am glad you are getting your books back, please do not misunderstand. That is why a separate thread was jokingly suggested, economy hostages shouldn't be frustrated at others posting just because cgc is ignoring one tier. But I come back when I see a new post hoping Liam Neeson has freed the needy but am only disappointed at the lack of an update. NOT at people getting their books back. I hope you don't get one eyed jack grading your books.

at least they have refrained from lying to us (and mikey) recently, which they do not have to do

#meh

not #w00tw00t

#meh