• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I sent my very first submission and which was unlimited value, very disappointed in the turnaround times given versus what actually happened. 

Apparently the turnaround time doesn't include the time it just sits at their facility, in fact according to them they didn't get it for a week after it was signed for , actually it sat for 12 days because Cgc didn't Even acknowledge it was there, I have many UV books to send in and I'm reconsidering, thinking about just getting high quality holders for them and bypass Cgc.

Edited by zach1900

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 8:52 PM, zach1900 said:

I sent my very first submission and which was unlimited value, very disappointed in the turnaround times given versus what actually happened. 

Apparently the turnaround time doesn't include the time it just sits at their facility, in fact according to them they didn't get it for a week after it was signed for , actually it sat for 12 days because Cgc didn't Even acknowledge it was there, I have many UV books to send in and I'm reconsidering, thinking about just getting high quality holders for them and bypass Cgc.

The clock on the official TAT starts when the box is opened and the books enter SFG. Most times of the year boxes are opened quickly so this difference in counting time is negligible, but when Con season hits there is often a slowdown for opening boxes. 

One of the things that is really useful about this particular thread is people sometimes include when the books arrived at CGC. Looking back through a few pages you can sometimes see how long it is taking for boxes to be opened. The waiting for grading is mostly irrelevant to me outside of getting super curious about how the books did, but if it really bothers you then it is better to submit in the winter and away from when large comic conventions are scheduled. 

Best of luck with the grades!

Edited by Stefan_W

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 8:18 PM, Stefan_W said:
On 5/2/2024 at 7:52 PM, zach1900 said:

sent my very first submission and which was unlimited value, very disappointed in the turnaround times given versus what actually happened. 

Expand  

The clock on the official TAT starts when the box is opened and the books enter SFG. Most times of the year boxes are opened quickly so this difference in counting time is negligible, but when Con season hits there is often a slowdown for opening boxes. 

One of the things that is really useful about this particular thread is people sometimes include when the books arrived at CGC. Looking back through a few pages you can sometimes see how long it is taking for boxes to be opened. The waiting for grading is mostly irrelevant to me outside of getting super curious about how the books did, but if it really bothers you then it is better to submit in the winter and away from when large comic conventions are scheduled. 

Best of luck with the grades!

All good words of advice and encouragement on timing. I sent in a submission today, and due to when cgc will inevitably charge me I called to ask how long for boxes being opened.

I'll try to update upon arrival. Also they have a package tool for the USPS tracking or other, on the my submissions page. So even if they haven't opened to sfg, you can at least track that the package arrived and was scanned in. 

I hope this helps, also depending on if you're new new, CGC gives instructions for uv to write that on the box for priority opening. All good things to mention. I think the last post about the time of the year might help more, but depending on how funds are, maybe this post will help alleviate as well ❤️‍🩹 😉 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/2/2024 at 2:47 PM, joeypost said:

Whoa. How many days above their posted TAT is that?

Just shipped today. TAT was 30 business days, which is 6 weeks. This was only 5 or so days longer than that.   

image.thumb.png.b08381ddf3238766e826f345c7534683.png

My recent experience says that Moderns are moving a lot quicker than Vintage.

Modern Received: 4/2, Shipped: 4/5

Modern Received: 4/12, Shipped 4/18

Vintage Received 3/2, Graded (as per cert page) 4/11, Shipped 4/26

On 5/3/2024 at 5:03 PM, kcm54 said:

My recent experience says that Moderns are moving a lot quicker than Vintage.

Modern Received: 4/2, Shipped: 4/5

Modern Received: 4/12, Shipped 4/18

Vintage Received 3/2, Graded (as per cert page) 4/11, Shipped 4/26

How long did it take them to open the shipment of moderns to sfg? Or is that what received meant?

I have 2 books that show received 3/1/24 for in-house signing, and went to Received at CCS for cleaning/pressing on 4/4/24 - anxiously awaiting the change to Scheduled for Grading, anyone have recent experience on how long books take to get through CCS? Been almost 5 full weeks.

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 11:00 AM, NY Roadkill said:

I have 2 books that show received 3/1/24 for in-house signing, and went to Received at CCS for cleaning/pressing on 4/4/24 - anxiously awaiting the change to Scheduled for Grading, anyone have recent experience on how long books take to get through CCS? Been almost 5 full weeks.

Are you aware if the signing has happened yet?

All books when paid for pressing show up at CGC immediately as "in ccs" until the signing happens and show up only immediately as SFG if pressing was not chosen to be paid for as an option. That is all immediately when "received!"

It could be that the signing hasn't happened, and the books are secured at and with CGC at CCS as normal; to show they've received your books and when the signing happens, then CGC tries to get the full CCS and Grading to happen within their 6 to 8 turnaround times :cheers: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/7/2024 at 12:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are you aware if the signing has happened yet?

All books when paid for pressing show up at CGC immediately as "in ccs" until the signing happens and show up only immediately as SFG if pressing was not chosen to be paid for as an option. That is all immediately when "received!"

It could be that the signing hasn't happened, and the books are secured at and with CGC at CCS as normal; to show they've received your books and when the signing happens, then CGC tries to get the full CCS and Grading to happen within their 6 to 8 turnaround times :cheers: 

There was a previous status of on 3/1 of received at CGC (I forget the exact words), which I presume was when the box was opened. On 3/2 I was charged $40 for CGC Pressing. Clairmont/Austin signing was scheduled for early March, books had to be there by 3/1, and I was charged for that on 3/7 - so I presume the signing happened then also. Status then changed to Received at CCS on 4/4, and I was charged another $20 on 4/4. That's what I know - I did pay for pressing - so waiting for that to happen and for them to go to SFG.

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 12:41 PM, NY Roadkill said:

There was a previous status of on 3/1 of received at CGC (I forget the exact words), which I presume was when the box was opened. On 3/2 I was charged $40 for CGC Pressing. Clairmont/Austin signing was scheduled for early March, books had to be there by 3/1, and I was charged for that on 3/7 - so I presume the signing happened then also. Status then changed to Received at CCS on 4/4, and I was charged another $20 on 4/4. That's what I know - I did pay for pressing - so waiting for that to happen and for them to go to SFG.

Awesome, thanks as they try to stick to a 6 to 8 week total tat with pressing on a signing :) I haven't heard otherwise, but sometimes signings don't all get finished and wrapped up at one time. I haven't heard that with this signing and if you've seen charges, it should be all good and coming up quick on the 6 to 8 week deadline for cgc (thumbsu

You might call if you can or shoot them an email, but if it has only been 5 weeks so far, you might get a standard response of "shortly." but idk. They might have more info concerning the signing that I'm not aware of, but when it has been 6,7, or even 8 weeks definitely follow up with a call or email to cgc. :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/7/2024 at 2:42 PM, Stefan_W said:

25 book MODERN submission

May 7 - Arrived at CGC's PO Box

Mine was May 6th, so we'll see whose gets opened first, as mine are just some modern and such!

Spoiler

Day after tomorrow should have room on my card, but I sent it early, as idk how soon they'd open it doh!

Not sure if there is a grading log-jam from conventions but it looks like things are slowing down (at least from my end).

I’ve got 3 Modern Submissions at CGC (25 books each, no fast track or prescreen)… trying to send down a shipment of 25 books a week.

I’ve been tracking submission stats for the past year with the same stats. The first one has been in SFG for almost two weeks which is the longest it’s ever taken for them to move:

1. 25 Books Modern (no prescreen / no fast track)

Shipped: 4/16

Delivered: 4/18

Arrived CGC: 4/19

Scheduled for grading: 4/25

Grading/encapsulation: ?

Quality control: 

Shipped out: 

Arrived: 

2. 25 Books Modern (no prescreen / no fast track)

Shipped: 4/27

Delivered: 4/29

Arrived CGC: 5/1

Scheduled for grading: 5/2

Grading/encapsulation: ?

Quality control: 

Shipped out: 

Arrived: 

3. 25 Books Modern (no prescreen / no fast track)

Shipped: 5/3

Delivered: 5/6

Received (in system): 5/7

Scheduled for grading: ?

Grading/encapsulation: 

Quality control: 

Shipped out: 

Arrived: 

On 5/7/2024 at 3:42 PM, Stefan_W said:

May 7 - Picked up by CGC (very end of the day)

Posted (edited)

Anyone have any ETAs with reholders?  I have some marked as received on 4/3 and nothing still.  I had a couple high valued reholders done in 2 weeks from 4/3.  I also have a high valued reholder through Comiclink and that was received 3/27 and nothing.  No idea why that 1 was never done in 2 weeks like mine.  Regular reholders are taking forever along with that 1 high value for some reason...  Anyone have ETAs for regulars?

Edited by Lord Ilpalazzo