• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 4:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

How long did it take them to open the shipment of moderns to sfg? Or is that what received meant?

A day, it seems. They did not sit long in limbo.  Fedex delivered them from the presser on Monday and they were done on Friday.  I was shocked.

Edited by kcm54

New set, this time to CCS instead of [other presser].  USPS says they were delivered to CGC mail room 5/2 AM, and they showed up today (5/8) "Received at CCS."  A previous set was "received" 4/26 and is currently in CCS.

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 11:27 PM, Stefan_W said:
On 5/7/2024 at 2:42 PM, Stefan_W said:

book MODERN submission

May 7 - Arrived at CGC's PO Box

25 book MODERN submission

May 7 - Picked up by CGC (very end of the day)

Did yours check in today? Or did cgc log in the books to your submissions today is what I mean? @Stefan_W

As mine were a day before yours arrival, but cgc hasn't logged them in yet, I suppose is normal but again with recent posts I wasn't sure eek. :eek:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/8/2024 at 8:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did yours check in today? Or did cgc log in the books to your submissions today is what I mean? @Stefan_W

As mine were a day before yours arrival, but cgc hasn't logged them in yet, I suppose is normal but again with recent posts I wasn't sure eek. :eek:

Mine is marked as received and stored securely in their facility, but it is not SFG yet. 

On 5/8/2024 at 7:23 PM, Stefan_W said:

Mine is marked as received and stored securely in their facility, but it is not SFG yet. 

Whew! Same here, thanks. :)

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 7:23 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 5/8/2024 at 7:23 PM, Stefan_W said:

Whew! Same here, thanks. :)

Just to be clear, the package shows up on the tracking as stored at facility but not on your submissions page at all yet, ok cool.

FYI books used to not go directly to sfg when "received", they showed up first on the submissions page AS received then sfg.

So it's verbiage for me lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

15 Modern Book Submission (From Canada)

Shipped 5/2

Delivered to CGC PO Box: 5/9

Picked Up / In System: ??

12 Modern Pre-Screen Submission (From Canada)

Shipped 5/2

Delivered to CGC PO Box 5/9

Picked Up / In System: ??

Now I play the waiting game...

Update on reholders!  So the 1 I had submitted with ComicLink that was received on 3/27 was now complete this morning.  The image is uploaded on the site so it will likely ship out today.  It took 6 weeks and 2 days which is odd for a high value reholder (mine took 2 weeks exact from being received on 4/3).  Now about an hour ago my regular reholders have entered the Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging phase and they too were received on 4/3.  Those might be done today, if not probably Monday.  Reholders don't tend to stay long in that phase, they go quick same day or into the next day then shipped.  So regular reholders it seems is about 5.5-6 weeks.  I'm assuming that high value one was put in the regular piles lol.

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 12:27 AM, Stefan_W said:

May 10 - SFG / Credit Card charged

This submission hit SFG right at the very end of the day on a Friday, just when I thought I would have to wait until next week. Great stuff! :) 

Edited by Stefan_W

On 5/10/2024 at 4:03 PM, Stefan_W said:

May 10 - SFG 

This submission hit SFG right at the very end of the day on a Friday, just when I thought I would have to wait until next week. Great stuff! :) 

Lol you had me scrambling as I had checked earlier to no avail, but mine

Delivered May 6th

Received sfg May 10th

It finally happened! Whew!

Still significant scuffs in back of slab, so back it will go...

1 Book Mechanical Error Submission
2024-04-03    Delivered to CGC/CGC Scanned Delivery
2024-04-16    CGC Received/SFG
2024-05-07    GEI
2024-05-08    G/QC
2024-05-08    Shipped

On 5/14/2024 at 1:43 PM, FigaroToe said:

Dropped off around 47 comics at Shortboxed Live last Sunday (5/5) and they arrived (5/10). Currently in GEI. Man CGC's TRTs have been amazing lately.

Which tier are those in?

On 5/14/2024 at 10:51 AM, Stefan_W said:

Which tier are those in?

Modern, split between a 9.8 pre-screen and a 9.0 pre-screen. One portion was moved to G/QC this morning.

On 5/15/2024 at 10:14 AM, FigaroToe said:

Modern, split between a 9.8 pre-screen and a 9.0 pre-screen. One portion was moved to G/QC this morning.

Ugh, I had two moderns dropped off / picked up to CGC on the 10th as well.  They're still not even on my submissions page yet.  They were picked up on the 9th and recorded as picked up on the 10th, but nada so far.  

On 5/14/2024 at 12:11 AM, Samlarn72 said:

15 Vintage comics

Sent from Sweden the 7 of may

Arrived in the US 9 of may

Got to cgc the 13 of may 

Now waiting for sfg...

SFG 15 of may