• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,957 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 1:47 PM, jokiing said:

One can only hope, but if books show up for signing as "Received at CCS" then you're probably correct. Confusing that they would be listed that way since they aren't sent to CCS until after the signing.

I'm with @Chaz G. and I think this is their SOP for signature events.  For books I've had w/o press they all get tagged "Scheduled for Grading" as soon as they arrive.  For the ones that have a press they are labeled "Received at CCS" and later (much later) "Scheduled for Grading" when they get back.

My guess is that it's a way to make it easier for them to sort which books go where for after the signing.

On 1/27/2022 at 2:45 PM, thingsofstuff said:

I'm with @Chaz G. and I think this is their SOP for signature events.  For books I've had w/o press they all get tagged "Scheduled for Grading" as soon as they arrive.  For the ones that have a press they are labeled "Received at CCS" and later (much later) "Scheduled for Grading" when they get back.

My guess is that it's a way to make it easier for them to sort which books go where for after the signing.

SOP???🤔

On 1/26/2022 at 11:01 PM, Devin Colman said:

Yeah I've called them before regarding it when it hit 1 month, I think I'll give it til the end of next week and then call them again to follow up

I have a sub from June that's also been stuck in G/E/I for a month or more and I'm starting to sweat a little  :(  

Current situation...

Received Items    Service Status
12/6/2021 23    MODERN Scheduled for Grading
10/28/2021 18    MODERN Scheduled for Grading
10/28/2021 3    MODERN Scheduled for Grading
8/11/2021 1    MAGAZINE Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 
8/11/2021 5    ECONOMY Scheduled for Grading
8/11/2021    3    ECONOMY Scheduled for Grading
8/11/2021 24    VALUE Scheduled for Grading
8/11/2021 12    VALUE Scheduled for Grading

On 1/27/2022 at 4:11 PM, Gaard said:

1 book Standard

Received/SFG = 12/15/21

G/E/I = 1/13/21

G/QC = 1/26/22

Shipped = 1/27/22

This gives me great hope for my Standard submission, which was received/SFG on 12/29/21 :)  
Though current stated TAT for Standard is 73 business days, or over 3 months  :(  

On 1/27/2022 at 5:12 PM, djzombi said:

Though current stated TAT for Standard is 73 business days, or over 3 months  :(  

Yeah, that's why I was kinda shocked that it shipped already.

On 1/27/2022 at 11:45 AM, thingsofstuff said:

i think this too. my bagley signing book showed up as recieved at CCS as the first status as well. was maybe hoping for an early bird signing but now seeing that multiple people are getting that status, i guess it really is SOP.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:08 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Them: you could always send your books somewhere else.

Me: I'd rather kiss a toilet seat! 

If CBCS's TAT was night and day better I would at least send them my moderns. But last check their TAT was 175 days so definitely CGC is the way to go. However, if the CBCS TAT was like 90 days I would easily go CBCS. Most of my books I have enough profit into them where I can take a hit by going with CBCS and taking less money. Time is money to me. If I can flip a book and put the money towards something else I am fine with that. But with both companies having similar TAT it is a no-brainer to go with CGC. I think the only way CBCS will be a decent choice if they can be half the wait than CGC.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:05 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Current situation...

Received Items    Service Status
12/6/2021 23    MODERN Scheduled for Grading
10/28/2021 18    MODERN Scheduled for Grading
10/28/2021 3    MODERN Scheduled for Grading
8/11/2021 1    MAGAZINE Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 
8/11/2021 5    ECONOMY Scheduled for Grading
8/11/2021    3    ECONOMY Scheduled for Grading
8/11/2021 24    VALUE Scheduled for Grading
8/11/2021 12    VALUE Scheduled for Grading

Your magazine hit G/E/I before your comics?!  That's a minor miracle!  

On 1/27/2022 at 7:47 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

If CBCS's TAT was night and day better I would at least send them my moderns. But last check their TAT was 175 days so definitely CGC is the way to go. However, if the CBCS TAT was like 90 days I would easily go CBCS. Most of my books I have enough profit into them where I can take a hit by going with CBCS and taking less money. Time is money to me. If I can flip a book and put the money towards something else I am fine with that. But with both companies having similar TAT it is a no-brainer to go with CGC. I think the only way CBCS will be a decent choice if they can be half the wait than CGC.

Hit the nail right on the dang head! their TAT's are bonkers. On top of that, I called about the last sub i sent them and I talked to some Indian guy. Im happy I sent my books here.