• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,957 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2022 at 9:11 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Hit the nail right on the dang head! their TAT's are bonkers. On top of that, I called about the last sub i sent them and I talked to some Indian guy. Im happy I sent my books here. 

So "their" TATs are bonkers? What does that make CGC's TATs? And why did you feel it was important to mention the nationality of the guy you talked to on the phone?

On 1/28/2022 at 9:40 AM, wombat said:

So "their" TATs are bonkers? What does that make CGC's TATs? And why did you feel it was important to mention the nationality of the guy you talked to on the phone?

Well on that case as of now CGC's turn around time are slightly less bonkers from the competition; perhaps I should have reprhased that. 

As for the customer service call, the nationality of the guys isn't important at all but that's who picked up the phone. What's worth mentioning is he had no idea where my order was or in what phase it was in. Everytime I called here someone told me exactly where I was at in line. The bottom line here is that there is a staggering difference in customer service. 

On 1/28/2022 at 9:47 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Well on that case as of now CGC's turn around time are slightly less bonkers from the competition; perhaps I should have reprhased that. 

As for the customer service call, the nationality of the guys isn't important at all but that's who picked up the phone. What's worth mentioning is he had no idea where my order was or in what phase it was in. Everytime I called here someone told me exactly where I was at in line. The bottom line here is that there is a staggering difference in customer service. 

It seems pretty clear you thought it was important considering you mentioned it. I can only go off what I read in this thread, but seems plenty of people are not thrilled when they talk to CGC. 

On 1/28/2022 at 9:52 AM, wombat said:

It seems pretty clear you thought it was important considering you mentioned it. I can only go off what I read in this thread, but seems plenty of people are not thrilled when they talk to CGC. 

Haven't had a problem....yet. not assuming there will be on but I like to be cautiously optimistic.  Funny thing is I had an order ready to go at cbcs until I realized that it would almost cost around the same to send here. So I filled out the for here and I'm sending them to cgc. 

As far as nationality is concerned,  it's pretty clear beckett customer service reps aren't here in the US. Doesn't matter who I talked to but I would have been nice to talk to anyone that had a better idea of the process. 

On 1/27/2022 at 12:23 PM, jokiing said:

For the George Perez signing... this appeared this morning.

1/27/22 : In-house Signing Grading : Received at CCS

Because of this.... "All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Monday, January 31, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event."... I thought the signing would happen in February.

I figured my Perez book would get entered 1st.  I sent it, a Last Ronin, and a 10 book non-fast Modern sub.  It was all delivered last week to beat the original LR date.

So far only my Modern sub is in the system. :ohnoez:

On 1/28/2022 at 9:42 AM, Barth said:

My books for the Perez signing haven't shown up in the system yet. Delivered on 1/13 (shrug)

Same here, however mine were delivered earlier this week 1/25.   I'm telling myself they must have so many that they are behind on that also and will hopefully get to it next week after the deadline.  

On 1/28/2022 at 11:09 AM, Tavern Inn said:

I will defend you a bit and say that the point you were trying to make is correct. One of the criticisms of CBCS on their own board is the outsourced customer service which is obviously not in this country and is not really affiliated with CBCS. It seem like just a generic answering service vindaloop.

Thank you,  I appreciate it.  I wasn't trying to be derogatory or offend but the gentleman I spoke with via beckett was madingly unhelpful.  Even after I gave him my order number and everything,  I got a very vague answer. If I use their services again which I like their product; I'm going to email Daryll Hayden directly because he's on the inside and is more in the know. 

On 1/28/2022 at 11:09 AM, Tavern Inn said:

I will defend you a bit and say that the point you were trying to make is correct. One of the criticisms of CBCS on their own board is the outsourced customer service which is obviously not in this country and is not really affiliated with CBCS. It seem like just a generic answering service vindaloop.

Welcome to the boards btw. 

On 1/28/2022 at 9:01 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I have older moderns that I want to send in but I would like them pressed. I could always use a third party but sending right to the source cuts down on shipping. . 

some of the third-party's will ship it directly to CGC for you. some also give you a volume discount if submitting in bulk. on top of that, you are directly supporting a small business/someone in the collectible community that will potentially give you visibility to some of their process (I say some because  some of them claim to use secret formulas), before/after pictures, and they'll get it all done in about 1/6 of the amount of time CCS takes... but sure, keep giving your money to CCS/CGC. rantrant

On 1/21/2022 at 12:47 PM, zupaphly said:

Just had one of my 4/7 subs bounce back over to CGC from CCS and is now SFG. That makes 2 of 5 so far... the first one is still in GEI since 11/19...

On 1/21/2022 at 2:18 PM, zupaphly said:

Nope... just sitting there waiting for 2 months... the one that came back to CGC today just changed to GEI, was in SFG for about 2-3 hours...

Oh my God, I'm about to lose it... so my 4/7 CCS/CGC submission that returned to CGC last friday and went to GEI that day just went to QC this morning... meanwhile the one that has been at GEI since 11/19 is still just sitting there... how does that happen???