• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, optimal_max said:

If we have multiple independent pressers/cleaners who are cheaper and much faster then CCS, why does anyone still use CCS?

Almost all are 4 months to 1 year behind for doing pressings. Several of them are currently not accepting the new submissions.

I have to use CCS for the restoration removals.

Edited by JollyComics

On 5/22/2022 at 10:57 AM, Gaard said:

From what I've been told by CGC, your TAT is what is posted TODAY, not what it was when you submitted your books.

If that is the case, then why are some CGC Representatives asking me what the TAT was when the books were first marked as 'Received'?  Then then tell me that I should follow the TAT when books were first submitted.  Try it yourselves, go call CGC a couple of time, and you'll get a different answer each and every time.

I am not a CGC hater by any means (submitted a poop ton of books over the past 2-3 years), but their customer service reps leave a lot to be desired....they are not making this insanity any easier.  And have attitudes to boot.  @CGC Mike - Please take note, although I have little confidence anything will ever change. 

On 5/22/2022 at 10:58 AM, optimal_max said:

If we have multiple independent pressers/cleaners who are cheaper and much faster then CCS, why does anyone still use CCS?

If the book was sig series before only CCS can maintain it

On 5/22/2022 at 1:34 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Another reason people still use CCS is that CGC has removed almost any other pressers ability to work on Signature Series books and have them retain the SS label.

:baiting:

On 5/22/2022 at 3:13 PM, Ares said:

If the book was sig series before only CCS can maintain it

On 5/22/2022 at 3:19 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Another reason people still use CCS is that CGC has removed almost any other pressers ability to work on Signature Series books and have them retain the SS label.

Ah cmon you said "almost" so then can you please clarify to save me further correcting?  :makepoint:

On 5/22/2022 at 3:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah cmon you said "almost" so then can you please clarify to save me further correcting?  :makepoint:

Ok. The only ones who can "technically " work on a book other than CCS and maintain a Signature Series label would be CGC Signature Series Facilitators. 

Those facilitators who can witness signings can clean a press a book and it can maintain its label. (Although technically this should only be done when one is adding a new signature through the facilitator, but they could crack, clean, press, and send to CGC and still maintain the validity of the Signature Series Label.

On 5/22/2022 at 3:25 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Ok. The only ones who can "technically " work on a book other than CCS and maintain a Signature Series label would be CGC Signature Series Facilitators. 

Those facilitators who can witness signings can clean a press a book and it can maintain its label. (Although technically this should only be done when one is adding a new signature through the facilitator, but they could crack, clean, press, and send to CGC and still maintain the validity of the Signature Series Label.

Lol no worries. Js I wasn't way off base, and that figures, it's how I thought it always was, just didn't know Joey's specifics. Makes sense now though, I kind of "get it" too. (thumbsu

Realistically there are always some work arounds.

If you know an artist who is adding to the book (signing, sketch, remark) that also cleans and presses books, you could send a Signature Series book through a facilitator to that person. The facilitator would crack that book and send it to them to be worked on, during that time that artist could clean,  press, etc, then directly send it back to the facilitator to again maintain the SS Label. 

It is all about who is allowed to maintain the chain of custody for the SS program. 

On 5/22/2022 at 3:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol no worries. Js I wasn't way off base, and that figures, it's how I thought it always was, just didn't know Joey's specifics. Makes sense now though, I kind of "get it" too. (thumbsu

Completely understand.  I have always used Joey on all of my books that need work, and I wouldn't use anyone else (with the exception now of the SS program) 

He used to be able to work on them, but CGC changed the policy and Joey discussed it in a couple of threads.

On 5/22/2022 at 11:57 AM, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

I'm well aware of the process. Just surprised my package was opened same day as received.

I'm confused then.  The term Received (in CGC speak) has nothing to do with the date something was actually delivered to CGC.  It's just the day it was actually opened by CGC.  So are you saying your package was actually received (i.e. opened) the day it was delivered to CGC?  This is not normally the case unless you have marked the package with EX or WT for the express/walkthrough tiers.

Edited by Petroman

On 5/22/2022 at 7:07 PM, Petroman said:

I'm confused then.  The term Received (in CGC speak) has nothing to do with the date something was actually delivered to CGC.  It's just the day it was actually opened by CGC.  So are you saying your package was actually received (i.e. opened) the day it was delivered to CGC?  This is not normally the case unless you have marked the package with EX or WT for the express/walkthrough tiers.

Yes, that's what I'm trying to convey. :ohnoez:

On 5/22/2022 at 8:18 PM, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

Yes, that's what I'm trying to convey. :ohnoez:

Great, so we've learned:

1. This is your first submission in 2 years.
  2. It was opened the day it was physically delivered to CGC.
  3. It was immediately moved to Scheduled for Grading (SFG).

So what tier did you submit under?  Was the box marked in any specific way to make the people at CGC open it in favor of other boxes?  Was it hand delivered or shipped via a volume carrier like UPS, FEDEX, USPS? 

Many people on this forum are trying to glean what might be happening to submissions they have made many months ago so the more specific you can be the better.

Edited by Petroman

anyone know how much time you have to send an order to CGC before they wont accept it?

example: if i created an order today, could i send it out 2 weeks from now?

On 5/22/2022 at 10:48 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I Use ccs for the " set it and forget it" method. 

Yup…set it and forget it for about a year and a half at this rate. Im disgusted at this company for having to wait truly about a year and a half for CCS and Grading. I was unaware of private pressers when I made my first submission…if demand is this high for your product, increase your workforce and thereby increase revenue…this is insane,

Edited by NumminzAK

On 5/22/2022 at 11:24 PM, qlow said:

anyone know how much time you have to send an order to CGC before they wont accept it?

I don't think mailing it 2 weeks out would be a problem.  I vaguely remember that when they raised prices just over a year ago they gave you something like a month to get orders orders created before the price increase mailed into them.  Really as long as there is no price increase between the time the order was created and received by CGC there should be no problems.

On 5/23/2022 at 6:24 AM, Petroman said:
On 5/22/2022 at 10:24 PM, qlow said:

they wont accept it?

Expand  

I don't think mailing it 2 weeks out would be a problem.  I vaguely remember that when they raised prices just over a year ago they gave you something like a month to get orders orders created before the price increase mailed into them.  Really as long as there is no price increase between the time the order was created and received by CGC there should be no problems.

The only other criteria than price increases, is lapse in membership. It has to be delivered before membership runs out, only other I could think of 🤔

4 economy books. 215 business days since delivery, still SFG...

#wherethe:censored:aremyeconomybooks

On 5/22/2022 at 7:58 AM, optimal_max said:

I figured it would be faster with my last FT submission, but never again. Neither comic looked like it had even been pressed, and one of them came back with a bonus corner crunch. Way faster than an independent shop, but quality of “press” was abysmal.