• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Someone said this earlier but the range on realized prices is a little wider on DC mega keys since they're far rarer than the marvels, and there's more disagreement on their value.

Likely having sold more bb28s than anyone in the last 3 years, I think GPA data is funny - it's definitely a cross section of much lower sales than what really happens. But I'm also the one who asked for more GPA reporting......and took a betting on that one.

:applause:

On the book and I 100% share your perspective. As a mainly DC collector, this is an unfortunate truth of the hobby.

I always pay over GPA on nicely presenting DC mega keys (can safely make the same statement when I am selling them as well).

:shrug:

As do pal, as do I!

I once bought 4 copies of BB28 at once from Charlie (mylars) -- and those that know him know there is NO negotiation, lol. have since sold all four, but Charlie's probably upset he didn't still hold them...... ;)

Wow Joey!!!!! :cloud9:

Thanks pal. how goes your registry set? I've been working on my supes run, but I have a bunch of sc updates I have to make...... you're too close for comfort :)

PS if you want a Showcase 22, I have a few i'll trade - you can pony up one of your showcase 4s :)

Wow Joey!!!!! :cloud9:

Thanks pal. how goes your registry set? I've been working on my supes run, but I have a bunch of sc updates I have to make...... you're too close for comfort :)

PS if you want a Showcase 22, I have a few i'll trade - you can pony up one of your showcase 4s :)

I am the Sham to your Secretariat with the set. I have some books coming back from grading in the next few weeks, but I still do not yet have a 22.

I think my SC4's were the best timing on books I have ever had. Thank you again for the 6.0, but also for my BB28 "Bob Smith edition" 6.0! It is another of the gems in my collection.

Someone said this earlier but the range on realized prices is a little wider on DC mega keys since they're far rarer than the marvels, and there's more disagreement on their value.

Likely having sold more bb28s than anyone in the last 3 years, I think GPA data is funny - it's definitely a cross section of much lower sales than what really happens. But I'm also the one who asked for more GPA reporting......and took a betting on that one.

:applause:

On the book and I 100% share your perspective. As a mainly DC collector, this is an unfortunate truth of the hobby.

I always pay over GPA on nicely presenting DC mega keys (can safely make the same statement when I am selling them as well).

:shrug:

As do pal, as do I!

I once bought 4 copies of BB28 at once from Charlie (mylars) -- and those that know him know there is NO negotiation, lol. have since sold all four, but Charlie's probably upset he didn't still hold them...... ;)

Joey that 9.0 is outrageous. (worship)

-J.

my favorite copy...

photo bb28cgc90fcno num.jpg

:applause: Glad to see this copy is your favorite.

2 cents..... Wait for one at auction, you can get a better deal than that.
maybe....maybe not...

lol I can hear the collective groans of the people who were hoping to score one of the many copies at auction right now as they read you saying this.

Several to choose from in the next month. The 5.5 at HA, a 4.0 and 6.5 at CL and a higher grade but toasty looking 7.5 at CC.

I really like the 3.5 comics4less has ending on ebay this weekend. Solid looking book for the grade.

Thanks for the heads up on the other auctions... I kinda have my eye on this one for the last 9 hours..The book looks solid for the grade

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311355831454?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by gumiho

DC silver is really going to explode and it's starting already. I'm just wondering if they;ll be as popular as the Marvel books

Wow, Bob Joey, you guys have some gorgeous books! :cloud9:

Acquiring any Marvel SA key, in any grade, is a matter of how fat your wallet is.

It may be coming true for DC's as well, but it's difficult to even find key books.

But it's also more satisfying when you finally land a grail.

That's what makes it more fun in my mind.

Run of spidey, ff, xmen - biggest limiter is budget.

Showcase, JLA, flash (especially in anything about 5.0-6.0) - biggest limiter is finding the books!!

maybe....maybe not...

lol I can hear the collective groans of the people who were hoping to score one of the many copies at auction right now as they read you saying this.

Several to choose from in the next month. The 5.5 at HA, a 4.0 and 6.5 at CL and a higher grade but toasty looking 7.5 at CC.

I really like the 3.5 comics4less has ending on ebay this weekend. Solid looking book for the grade.

Thanks for the heads up on the other auctions... I kinda have my eye on this one for the last 9 hours..The book looks solid for the grade

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311355831454?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

~$3,700 with less than 3 hours to go...

maybe....maybe not...

~$3,700 with less than 3 hours to go...

18 minutes left, is someone going to snipe...?

Ooooooooh, the suspense!

maybe....maybe not...

Same book sold last month for $3,050. I guess the winning bidder didn't pay. He must be kicking himself now lol