• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

2 cents..... Wait for one at auction, you can get a better deal than that.
maybe....maybe not...

lol I can hear the collective groans of the people who were hoping to score one of the many copies at auction right now as they read you saying this.

Several to choose from in the next month. The 5.5 at HA, a 4.0 and 6.5 at CL and a higher grade but toasty looking 7.5 at CC.

I really like the 3.5 comics4less has ending on ebay this weekend. Solid looking book for the grade.

So just an update:

The CGC 4.5 i was offered to is no longer available. Somebody beat me to it and snagged it for $5750

Very nice!

It will be interesting to see where it settles out at. There is still a decent amount of time before the Justice League movies hit.

Most undervalued book around. Iconic cover.

Best looking cover on a SA book (yes, including AF15).

I just love 28s. :cloud9:

Bomber-bob probably has the best looking copy around.

Thank you ! If you only look at labels, my book is a 7.5 . However, if you look at the book, it is a very fresh looking copy with White Pages. Very clean.

011-1.jpg

013.jpg

2 cents..... Wait for one at auction, you can get a better deal than that.
maybe....maybe not...

lol I can hear the collective groans of the people who were hoping to score one of the many copies at auction right now as they read you saying this.

Several to choose from in the next month. The 5.5 at HA, a 4.0 and 6.5 at CL and a higher grade but toasty looking 7.5 at CC.

I really like the 3.5 comics4less has ending on ebay this weekend. Solid looking book for the grade.

Yes, I'm following that 3.5 too. Looks really nice for the grade.

Thank you ! If you only look at labels, my book is a 7.5 . However, if you look at the book, it is a very fresh looking copy with White Pages. Very clean.

011-1.jpg

013.jpg

You have a beauty there Bob :cloud9:

011-1.jpg

013.jpg

Put it away...

I love to see people's comics... but this one is just too much... I have a soft spot for BB28... and then a book as good looking as that... It's almost unbearable... :sorry::cloud9:(worship)

011-1.jpg

013.jpg

Wow! This makes my copy look like a dirty paper towel...

Seriously, you dealers have an unfair advantage in the collecting game. lol

Nice book!

011-1.jpg

013.jpg

Indeed. Bob's entire collection is comprised of books like this. He has a very discriminating collecting pallette. ;)

-J.

I still think SC 22 is the most undervalued key right now..

Shhhhhh. I don't have one yet. lol

With your sig line, it doesn't appear that you have trouble acquiring books...

SC22 is really affordable right now in mid/high grade (5.0-7.5) if you go looking.

011-1.jpg

013.jpg

Indeed. Bob's entire collection is comprised of books like this. He has a very discriminating collecting pallette. ;)

-J.

I'm well aware of Bob's collection.

Nice book!

Thanks. FYI, I'm not a dealer, not even close. I got this book probably 20+ years ago. It came from a collection in Canada. I got quite a few books from this collection and most have similar characteristics. Technically they didn't grade uber high but very fresh with White Pages. Sometimes it pays to be a long time buy and hold collector.

Nice book!

Thanks. FYI, I'm not a dealer, not even close. I got this book probably 20+ years ago. It came from a collection in Canada. I got quite a few books from this collection and most have similar characteristics. Technically they didn't grade uber high but very fresh with White Pages. Sometimes it pays to be a long time buy and hold collector.

My bad, not sure where I got that from!

In any case, it must have been quite the collection!

This is my favorite cover of all time and your copy is frickin pristine! Hard to believe it is only a 7.5!

Nice book!

Yeah, I have seen some of your other books, and I can enjoy those. This one... was just a bit too much... hehehe

But ok ..maybe it's good I don't have it. I might just be staring at it all day long... and having it with me everywhere. :flamed:

Nice book!

My bad, not sure where I got that from!

In any case, it must have been quite the collection!

This is my favorite cover of all time and your copy is frickin pristine! Hard to believe it is only a 7.5!

It is also my favorite cover. I really also like AF15. And FF1 is also good and iconic imo.

And then I had another more undervalued book than those three that I really really like the cover to too: Showcase 34!

But yeah... If I had to absolutely pick one it would be BB28.

Edited by AlexanderM

Someone said this earlier but the range on realized prices is a little wider on DC mega keys since they're far rarer than the marvels, and there's more disagreement on their value.

Likely having sold more bb28s than anyone in the last 3 years, I think GPA data is funny - it's definitely a cross section of much lower sales than what really happens. But I'm also the one who asked for more GPA reporting......and took a betting on that one.

my favorite copy...

photo bb28cgc90fcno num.jpg

Someone said this earlier but the range on realized prices is a little wider on DC mega keys since they're far rarer than the marvels, and there's more disagreement on their value.

Likely having sold more bb28s than anyone in the last 3 years, I think GPA data is funny - it's definitely a cross section of much lower sales than what really happens. But I'm also the one who asked for more GPA reporting......and took a betting on that one.

:applause:

On the book and I 100% share your perspective. As a mainly DC collector, this is an unfortunate truth of the hobby.

I always pay over GPA on nicely presenting DC mega keys (can safely make the same statement when I am selling them as well).

:shrug:

Edited by rfoiii