• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certified Collectibles Group (CCG) Acquires Classics Incorporated
3 3

1,496 posts in this topic

Congrats to Matt on the deal...look forward to getting everything done on one ticket!!

Matt called me this evening and he is, understandably, very excited. I'm excited for him. He has worked his tail off for many years to build his business up, and this will be a huge step for him.

Congrats Matt!!!!!!!!!!

I'll jump on this wagon. Congrats Matt! I hope it's a successful step forward :)

I'm so glad CGC has enough money to invest in buying a resto and pressing company like CI but they don't have money to spend on fixing their horrible turn around times.

Sickening quite frankly.

And to think the whole argument of not being able to detect pressing is now out the window. They will know exactly which books are pressed or not and don't care anyway.

That's a good point! Will they now disclose pressed book on it's labeling?

Why would they? CGC has never considered pressing to be restoration. Even if someone told a grader that the books they were working on were all pressed, they wouldn't do anything different.

If done correctly, pressing is undectable. If it's done incorrectly, the book gets damaged and is downgraded.

This thread has got to be one of the funniest I have ever read lol

It is so easy to determine how this is all going play out. Ask yourself these questions.

1. For me the individual, does this change increase or decrease the amount of money I make off flipping books?

If the answer to question 1 is "yes" this will play out very bad

If the answer to question 1 is "no" this will play out very well.

I suspect this will play out very well and suggest people figure out how to maximize the money you make flipping books. (thumbs u

or I wonder if we could now buy a bunch of Walking Dead #1 9.6`s and New Mutants #98 9.6`s, then send them off to CGC to get pressed as 9.8`s ? :applause:

CGC won't be pressing anything. It'll still be Matt's separate company.

The same way NGC won't conserve your coins. But their sister company NCS will.

I see a lot of people worrying or complaining about "conflict of interest". But is it, really?

Coin collectors apparently don't think so, as NGC and NCS have been under the same umbrella company from the very beginning.

As I have stated many many times just about whatever issues happened in the coin and baseball card slabbed markets has eventually happened in comics.

They have been doing it longer.

anxiously awaiting the complete collapse in prices (thumbs u

or I wonder if we could now buy a bunch of Walking Dead #1 9.6`s and New Mutants #98 9.6`s, then send them off to CGC to get pressed as 9.8`s ? :applause:

lol they acquired his co, how is that separate?

Edited by paperheart

I like it when Mike gets fired up...

I see a lot of people worrying or complaining about "conflict of interest". But is it, really?

Yes.

Absolutely.

100%

And if you can't see it, you don't want to see it.

With PCS back in the fold, maybe Ewert could get his 'Charter Member" status reinstated. :shy:

CGC didn't acquire Matt's company. The umbrella company CCG did.

They're going to be 2 separate sister companies (again, like NGC and NCS).

Not sure if it's been said, but anyone else thing CGC may begin thinking about declaring if a comic has been pressed on the label now?

Maybe within the notes?

Why start now? If they wanted to do this, they could have asked pressing service providers who submit to disclose this info., but CGC has never considered pressing a big deal.

Besides, if they started disclosing (on the label) the pressing services of their new CI Division, people may begin to assume that any label without this designation to be unpressed.

If they ever did disclose an in-house pressing, it would probably be in the grader's notes (soon to be called "comic notes") which can now be had for a nominal fee.

CGC didn't acquire Matt's company. The umbrella company CCG did.

They're going to be 2 separate sister companies (again, like NGC and NCS).

Kind of like the cowboys owning the rights to the cheer leaders.

They are free to root for whoever they want .... yeah no conflict :facepalm: