• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certified Collectibles Group (CCG) Acquires Classics Incorporated
3 3

1,496 posts in this topic

I'm so glad CGC has enough money to invest in buying a resto and pressing company like CI but they don't have money to spend on fixing their horrible turn around times.

Sickening quite frankly.

And to think the whole argument of not being able to detect pressing is now out the window. They will know exactly which books are pressed or not and don't care anyway.

That's a good point! Will they now disclose pressed book on it's labeling?

You'd think that ethically they would have too. They'll know for sure which books are pressed and which aren't.

If they were worried about ethics then they'd probably care about the conflict of interest in the whole move.

Obviously, backing down from the move when they last tried it was less about concern of whether it was the right thing to do and more about putting things on hold until they were in a more established position to not be concerned with a backlash.

I'm so glad CGC has enough money to invest in buying a resto and pressing company like CI but they don't have money to spend on fixing their horrible turn around times.

Sickening quite frankly.

And to think the whole argument of not being able to detect pressing is now out the window. They will know exactly which books are pressed or not and don't care anyway.

I wonder if CGC will disclose pressing?

and

Why do people press modern comic books when 95 percent of them are near-mint anyways?

hm

Because 95% of them are not NM and for re-sale 9.8 is the grade that everyone wants

Sickening quite frankly.

and

Why do people press modern comic books when 95 percent of them are near-mint anyways?

hm

Because 95% of them are not NM and for re-sale 9.8 is the grade that everyone wants

So it looks like it will be easy to get a 9.8 modern comic book for a few bucks more now. So what will be special about modern 9.8s if everybody has one?

hm

Sickening quite frankly.

and

hm

So it looks like it will be easy to get a 9.8 modern comic book for a few bucks more now. So what will be special about modern 9.8s if everybody has one?

hm

Christonabike, don't ask questions like that...the whole pack of cards will come tumbling down! :ohnoez:

Sickening quite frankly.

and

hm

hm

Christonabike, don't ask questions like that...the whole pack of cards will come tumbling down! :ohnoez:

or I wonder if we could now buy a bunch of Walking Dead #1 9.6`s and New Mutants #98 9.6`s, then send them off to CGC to get pressed as 9.8`s ? :applause:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Sickening quite frankly.

and

hm

hm

:news: NEWSFLASH :news:

Have you been living under a rock for the last few years? Why would it be any easier to get 9.8's now than when it was before? I never said they were "special", I simply said that it's the grade that everyone prefers.

Any chance it will be disclosed on the label?

presscgc.jpg

If they knowingly pressed a book,they should disclose. Isn't that the ethical thing to do?

Ethics vs $$$

:rulez:

$$$ beats ethics like rock beats scissors. :(

Sickening quite frankly.

and

hm

hm

or I wonder if we could now buy a bunch of Walking Dead #1 9.6`s and New Mutants #98 9.6`s, then send them off to CGC to get pressed as 9.8`s ? :applause:

YES we could. People have been doing that for years.... What's your point? (shrug)

Anyone know if the employee's moving from Classics to CGC could possibly be qualified to be new graders for CGC?

Because that wouldn't be a conflict of interest? Having the guys restoring or pressing the books also grading them?

I get the impression that although it will be one company, the grading and resto will be like two different departments. If Classics has people that are qualified to grade, maybe thats part of the plan to decrease gradding/slabbing time (shrug)

I'm able to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, which I know can be difficult but do you guys really think all these individuals working for these companies are so shady, they would commit fraud? Even if that's the plan, it wouldn't last long as eventually someone will refuse to be involved in it and it will leak out.

There's no way Matt and Kenny will be grading comics. They're both far too busy providing CI's services.

Sickening quite frankly.

and

hm

hm

:news: NEWSFLASH :news:

Have you been living under a rock for the last few years? Why would it be any easier to get 9.8's now than when it was before? I never said they were "special", I simply said that it's the grade that everyone prefers.

Because I am lazy,and when I want a 9.8 now I will just send off my 9.6 to CGC to get pressed for a small price.

Like I said this will level the field for people who were pressing behind the scenes. Pressing will be mainstream now.

One advantage to those that don't care about pressing is going to be the huge increase in high grade books as the census numbers explode due to the integrated, institutionalized pressing "ringer" comic books will now be put through. Should definitely bring prices down moving forward. (thumbs u

*BOOM*

Thats the lid being blown off a can of worms.

In before The Lock.

Because someone is going to get their panties in a big bunch about this.

Not really. When this was being attempted years ago "we" the consumers weren't ready for this. Now, it's been accepted into the professionally graded culture (good or bad)...so now I think this will be a tremendous convenience for customers.

I'll still be using Joey. :)