• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 'Man of Steel' Trailer

166 posts in this topic

The guy playing Superman looks better as Superman than I thought he would and the FX of course look top notch. When I watch the trailer for the 1978 film I still get goose bumps. Watching this trailer left me feeling depressed more than anything. It seems so glum and gloomy, but maybe that's what people like? (shrug)

Im won over....

Once u see syncopy at the start...u know the tone of the movie is gonna be dark and brooding somewhat. no complaints for me though....I never got into Superman..with his super impenetrable skin and all...but may give it a shot now.

There hasn't been an on-screen Superman origin since 1978.

There needs to be a retelling of his origin - I think if you asked most people who weren't comic book collectors, they would agree that they would want to see him "come to life" for the first time.

I agree. I'm ok with an origin on Supes.

The Spider-Man origin after like 6 or 7 years or whatever was ridiculous.

Me too, especially since their hope is to "start anew". Also, this will hopefully help us connect more to the character in subsequent movies if this is successful. I hope it is---or this one is in the books for 10 years.

Looks awesome. The late 30s/early 40s-ish "S" emblem looks cool, but wish it appeared on the back of the cape.

Hopefully the movie rocks and DC can get its other JLA heroes on film (Wonder Woman, Flash, etc.), then onward to a JLA movie.

Now THAT was a trailer! Enough to get you to the theater but no where near enough to spoil the movie.

That's it don't release any more trailers! (and spoil the movie like so many other trailers do these days)

The only s h i t t y thing is we have to wait until June to see the entire movie! :tonofbricks:

And of course i wanna sit next to this guy on opening day.

First time my stomach hurts from laughing 35 seconds in.

lol

:eek:

THAT was creepy...

I thought the Man of Steel trailer looked great!

:banana:

I totally understand why we're seeing the origin again. This isn't "You'll believe a man can fly". This is a more realistic take, where the world is perhaps frightened by a being this powerful in their midst. He doesn't just show up and become the savior of Metropolis as he has previously. He has to prove himself. It's a complex take, and a much needed evolution of the character.

I liked the trailer, but fear for the actual film. I just don't have confidence that the powers that be, given the many possible ways to make a Superman film, with the pressure at stake to hit a home run, will have gotten out of each others way to write and tell THE great Superman film.

Focussing on the alien aspect may work. But feels dated. Other films like it haven worked lately. And if more than half the film is him growing up? Forget it. If they spend over an hour trying to get us to feel sorry for poor alien Clark, it won't work to a satisfying conclusion. That's too small.

I think people want to see Superman, confident, heroic and smart. The ultimate man. Trouble is that probably too cheesy at this point. I don't know what could work. My fear is that THEY don't either.

Guess we will find out soon enough.

And of course i wanna sit next to this guy on opening day.

First time my stomach hurts from laughing 35 seconds in.

lol

I needed my night brightened, and that did it very well. I guess with that guy the apparent refusal to put him in the suit until nearly the last second was worth it.

I totally understand why we're seeing the origin again. This isn't "You'll believe a man can fly". This is a more realistic take, where the world is perhaps frightened by a being this powerful in their midst. He doesn't just show up and become the savior of Metropolis as he has previously. He has to prove himself. It's a complex take, and a much needed evolution of the character.
I agree. If only the world was as "simple" as what was portrayed in the Golden Age version. I also share aman's concern that they have bitten off a HUGE piece to make both an origin and epic bout ... the right balance is required here and the feeling I got in the trailer is that this was VERY much origin telling--which may take away from the action component. What made Supes II so great is that it had the origin OUT OF THE WAY to make for a great epic action battle. Not sure if the balance will be here.