• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,847 posts in this topic

I had a Spider-Man 300 shipped to me in a box of raisin bran, I got a refund.

I had a lot of McFarlane ASM's I got for a song (including multiple ASM 300's) on eBay, mailed covered only in thin, brown packing paper and a bit of tape. The books looked to be in super shape when she mailed them, but weren't so good when I got them in.

Thank God they were supah cheap or I would have been very angry.

That's incredible for a book that was $3 until a month ago. :o

I would say that this book is hard to find in the wild in great condition. lots of copies i've seen have issues

True... the white cover picks up ink/dirt pretty easily, the back cover is all black... which causes ink/dirt to rub off.

Plus a lot of these have been in store stock for years because they were popular but not impossible to find. Supply was there, so that supply has been handled.

Someone has at least a small hoard of them, though, because two new CGC 9.9 showed up on the census this week with several CGC 9.8.

I don't know if they were fast-tracked or if they happened to be in the queue already.

In 2003/2004 a small local dealer was trying to move a long box or so of Rai #0s (plus more Turok #1s, Ninjak #1s, etc) that he got on consignment. It was old store stock from a LCS that had gone under. I wonder where they all went as the couple of copies I pulled out were 9.8s. A lot of them were single bagged so they did not pick up the dust/ink transfer you commonly see in store stock books.

Somebody (not me) bought 6 copies of Captain Carrot & His Amazing Zoo Crew #9 from Mile High Comics earlier today. Other than those sales, the issues aren't moving at all. New Teen Titans #16 is doing okay, but I thought CC was going to get more of a Harley bump.

Was there an Elektra announcement made that I missed? I just sold three copies of Elektra Assassin #1 and it looks like more than a few copies have been scooped up this afternoon.

This is from earlier today: http://www.bustle.com/articles/75666-is-elektra-in-daredevil-on-netflix-why-matt-murdocks-love-interest-enemy-is-worth-the

Was there an Elektra announcement made that I missed? I just sold three copies of Elektra Assassin #1 and it looks like more than a few copies have been scooped up this afternoon.

This is from earlier today: http://www.bustle.com/articles/75666-is-elektra-in-daredevil-on-netflix-why-matt-murdocks-love-interest-enemy-is-worth-the

Ah, thanks (thumbs u

It's not much, but it sheds some light. I've only watched episode one - which is great - so I haven't been able to fully appreciate all the easter eggs.

That's incredible for a book that was $3 until a month ago. :o

I would say that this book is hard to find in the wild in great condition. lots of copies i've seen have issues

True... the white cover picks up ink/dirt pretty easily, the back cover is all black... which causes ink/dirt to rub off.

Plus a lot of these have been in store stock for years because they were popular but not impossible to find. Supply was there, so that supply has been handled.

Someone has at least a small hoard of them, though, because two new CGC 9.9 showed up on the census this week with several CGC 9.8.

I don't know if they were fast-tracked or if they happened to be in the queue already.

In 2003/2004 a small local dealer was trying to move a long box or so of Rai #0s (plus more Turok #1s, Ninjak #1s, etc) that he got on consignment. It was old store stock from a LCS that had gone under. I wonder where they all went as the couple of copies I pulled out were 9.8s. A lot of them were single bagged so they did not pick up the dust/ink transfer you commonly see in store stock books.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are bundles of un-circulated copies sitting in warehouses. In 2006, I came across three packs of un-circulated X-O Manowar #1's (total of 30 copies) still sealed in the original distributor bags. Also from the same seller I bought two packs of Archer & Armstrong #0 and a pack of Ghost Rider #1 (1990). The seller claims to have bought out a warehouse collection of un-circulated comics. If I had more money during that time, I would have probably bought more from him. Since then, I have submitted many copies of those books to CGC and a majority of them came back 9.8's.

Gather all your X-Factor 15. 1st app of the Four Horsemen.

I always thought it was X-Factor #19, hmmm gotta dig out the boxes and flip through em

Slab both copies, however the 19 goes for more money.

Cameo (head shots) in 15. Full appearance and cover in 19. See debate taking place yesterday in the BA heating up thread. So far the market has favored the 19 but there seems to be interest in both. CBCS actually calls 15 a full appearance which is a little odd since they still call Forever People 1 a cameo hm So much for consistency.