• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

that's crazy, Apocalypse isn't even confirmed to be in the movie yet.....

I'm so glad I already have 5&6 9.8 for my X-Factor collection.

this seller has 5&6 in a CGC lot that's been sitting on ebay a while, might be worth the price now?? http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-FACTOR-1-8-10-ALL-CGC-9-8-LOT-RUN-APOCALYPSE-/110956861375?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19d58b57bf

xfactor 6 $80 32 bids :o

Unless that copy is sent off to CGC and is graded a 9.8, the buyer overpaid.

CGC 9.6 copies are going for about $50, per GPA.

Check some of the sales in the Ebay completed auctions. Then you'll find out quoting GPA when a book is on the upswing makes you miss out on books you may want to submit into CGC and turn around quickly for resale.

But no offense meant. It's just the reality of our collector market. And it works the other way when a book is on the downswing and people are trying to hold on to market levels they missed.

:foryou:

Oh, I bet we are going to see another "Batman: Vengeance of Bane Special 1" flood of books heading to Sarasota. Folks are looking for the Copper Age version of Thanos and Doomsday to line their boxes.

I've banked on Apocalypse for a few years. My DC bet won't take off any time soon. But signs are positive.

:wishluck:

Oh, I bet we are going to see another "Batman: Vengeance of Bane Special 1" flood of books heading to Sarasota. Folks are looking for the Copper Age version of Thanos and Doomsday to line their boxes.

I've banked on Apocalypse for a few years. My DC bet won't take off any time soon. But signs are positive.

there are 150 9.8s for number 6 (and 1 9.9), and 131 9.8s for number 5.... I always thought it was odd their numbers were so close, when the demand for 6 has always been higher.

there are 150 9.8s for number 6 (and 1 9.9), and 131 9.8s for number 5.... I always thought it was odd their numbers were so close, when the demand for 6 has always been higher.

And I am one of those nutty collectors that if I have an X-Factor 6, I have to have a 5 to go along with it as a set.

:ohnoez:

These prices are crazy. These were produced during the glut, probably well over 150,000 copies printed. I bought these as a kid myself. Its amazing what hype added with the desire to get "rich" quick will do.