• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four #286 9.8 with 22 watchers? Okay, I give, what's up? Surely the title "1st X-factor" isn't the reason this title has so many watchers. hm???

That book has been off-and-on hot for a long while now. Even raw copies have ranged from $4-$8 for quite a while even when the market was slow.

1) Part of the 3-part story where the original X-Men form X-Factor.

2) Return of Jean Grey after the events of the Phoenix where she supposedly died.

Cap explains to Mr. Fantastic about the strange object they recovered from the bottom of Jamaica Bay earlier that day and how it has a living creature inside. When Reed decides to check it out for himself, he places a hand on it but some force attacks him and throws him back. Reed's fall is cushioned by a forcefield projected by the Invisible Woman. On Reed's direction, Sue uses her powers to make the capsule turn invisible, revealing the unconscious body of Jean Grey inside. However, due to the brevity of their glimpse of the woman inside the capsule, nobody present can identify her. After discussing who the woman could be, the Human Torch and She-Hulk decide to go and reunite with their loved ones leaving Reed and Captain America to try and solve the mystery.

Things being to get strange when suddenly objects begin levitating all over the Mansion, waking Sue from her sleep and startling a fatigued Reed Richards and Captain America after they have spent eight hours working on trying to open the capsule. To their surprise, the woman inside the capsule finally breaks free. Jean, still thinking that she is a prisoner of Stephen Lang and his X-Sentinels believes that Reed, Sue, Cap and Hercules are more Sentinel constructs of heroes and attempts to attack them. When Sue restrains Jean with a forcefield, both Cap and Reed realize that who she is, and that as Marvel Girl she was a member of the X-Men who has been missing for many months. Telling Sue to lower her forcefield, Reed asks the confused Marvel Girl to explain what happened to her.

Fantastic Four #286 9.8 with 22 watchers? Okay, I give, what's up? Surely the title "1st X-factor" isn't the reason this title has so many watchers. hm???

That book has been off-and-on hot for a long while now. Even raw copies have ranged from $4-$8 for quite a while even when the market was slow.

1) Part of the 3-part story where the original X-Men form X-Factor.

2) Return of Jean Grey after the events of the Phoenix where she supposedly died.

Cap explains to Mr. Fantastic about the strange object they recovered from the bottom of Jamaica Bay earlier that day and how it has a living creature inside. When Reed decides to check it out for himself, he places a hand on it but some force attacks him and throws him back. Reed's fall is cushioned by a forcefield projected by the Invisible Woman. On Reed's direction, Sue uses her powers to make the capsule turn invisible, revealing the unconscious body of Jean Grey inside. However, due to the brevity of their glimpse of the woman inside the capsule, nobody present can identify her. After discussing who the woman could be, the Human Torch and She-Hulk decide to go and reunite with their loved ones leaving Reed and Captain America to try and solve the mystery.

Things being to get strange when suddenly objects begin levitating all over the Mansion, waking Sue from her sleep and startling a fatigued Reed Richards and Captain America after they have spent eight hours working on trying to open the capsule. To their surprise, the woman inside the capsule finally breaks free. Jean, still thinking that she is a prisoner of Stephen Lang and his X-Sentinels believes that Reed, Sue, Cap and Hercules are more Sentinel constructs of heroes and attempts to attack them. When Sue restrains Jean with a forcefield, both Cap and Reed realize that who she is, and that as Marvel Girl she was a member of the X-Men who has been missing for many months. Telling Sue to lower her forcefield, Reed asks the confused Marvel Girl to explain what happened to her.

OIC.

So is that Sue Reed with a mullet! :o

We can subtract the BINs from Mile High... we know they won't honor those sales.

oh they'll send out the issues. Except the buyers will have to return them 4 or 5 times until they get the accurately graded ones that they paid for, at which point Mile High will label them a problem buyer.

all this valiant talk just makes me want to expand my searching

The best part about valiant/acclaim books is because of such negative stigma by most dealers (and LCS to some extent) I've found so many $50-100 books in the $5-10 range over the years. And I'm know many others have done the same.

Yes --- it has been very satisfying to buy all the best books from the same dealers who laughed when I would ask "do you have any Valiant books?" over the past 20 years.

They can keep their Rai #11s. But I took the #1-#5s. :grin:

I love the "32 in a 32 issue limited series" line, lol .

I have never seen something like that.

The final issue of Transformers was listed as #80 in a 4 issue limited series doh!

--Phil

You guys know those were jokes, right...?

The final issue of Transformers was listed as #80 in a 4 issue limited series doh!

--Phil

yep... just wanted to point out that it's been done before...

--Phil

--Phil

--Phil

Technically, it's been done since - Transformers #80 came out two years after Justice #32.

--Phil

--Phil

Technically, it's been done since - Transformers #80 came out two years after Justice #32.

(thumbs u

The best part about valiant/acclaim books is because of such negative stigma by most dealers (and LCS to some extent) I've found so many $50-100 books in the $5-10 range over the years. And I'm know many others have done the same.

Yes --- it has been very satisfying to buy all the best books from the same dealers who laughed when I would ask "do you have any Valiant books?" over the past 20 years.

Harbinger 1 started getting hot again 8+ years ago. I remember this being discussed on the ebay boards and it has been at least that long since I was on there. the other stuff i guess not so much. when are my magnus r.f. 1s going to be worth something?

Harbinger 1 started getting hot again 8+ years ago. I remember this being discussed on the ebay boards and it has been at least that long since I was on there. the other stuff i guess not so much. when are my magnus r.f. 1s going to be worth something?

Magnus isn't part of the Valiant universe now (it was licensed in the 1990s), so I'm not sure when the first Valiant appearance of the Gold Key character will be "hot" again. hm

If you want to skip ahead to Magnus #5... well... you might have something. :grin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251876004492