• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Today's LCS $1 bin pickups.

36700232-357D-4B8F-B8A8-759F1C1E1B82_zpsja9uvkry.jpg

Honestly I was more stoked to find the Mask of The Phantasm adaptation. It brought back a TON of Animated Series memories (and MOTP is still the best Batman movie ever made).

PHANTASMcomic.jpg

Is one better than the other?

That would be the newsstand version, It's all preference

There sure aren't many Phantasm appearances, I like this one.

3970768-25_zpsyrddtrsg.jpg

Today's LCS $1 bin pickups.

36700232-357D-4B8F-B8A8-759F1C1E1B82_zpsja9uvkry.jpg

Honestly I was more stoked to find the Mask of The Phantasm adaptation. It brought back a TON of Animated Series memories (and MOTP is still the best Batman movie ever made).

PHANTASMcomic.jpg

Is one better than the other?

When I was a kid, I bought the VHS copy of MOTP. It came with a mini comic adaptation (with the cardstock cover). I was never aware that this was available in full size format. It was an exciting find for me.

As far as The Phantasm goes, she was in a couple of issues of Batman Adventures and Batman Beyond, and not much else I can think of. My favorite appearance is Batman and Robin Adventures Annual, which is basically a "sequel" of sorts to Mask of The Phantasm.

Batman_and_Robin_Adventures_Annual_Vol_1_1_zps47tmx16u.jpg

Guys, there is a MODERN forum for all this , ya know.

Just in case no one owns a calender or understand the concept of time, Spectre 54 was released in June 1997.

Board etiquette demands that all posts of an intellectually condescending tone contain no spelling or grammatical errors, Vinnie. :baiting:

Just in case no one owns a calender or understand the concept of time, Spectre 54 was released in June 1997.

lol

Love it.

Quit trying to control the conversation.

I believe that as time goes on we will see more and more posts in the copper forum starting to be about mid to late 90's "modern books". The reason is simple: if you believe the modern age began in '92, we are just one and half years away from that milestone turning 25 years old. Plus most of the posts in the modern are about current or recent releases. 90's books are in a limbo.

Perhaps the mods should consider updating the name of this forum to copper and 90's because it will continue to head that way.

Yeah, I agree. It seems odd to talk about 20 year old books as moderns.

Historically, what has happened in the hobby is that a new term for that time frame has been coined as time marches on, and a gap is produced between the last designated age, and 'moderns'. That has yet to happen for the '90s era.

Copper is my most collected age of comics and I often feel like the line between copper and modern is fuzzy. The Death of Superman is my clear cut off point, but if I'm going through a stack of books I can't always accurately distinguish the difference in ages like I can with other transitions.

The Spectre #57 from 1997? 100% modern.

Historically, what has happened in the hobby is that a new term for that time frame has been coined as time marches on, and a gap is produced between the last designated age, and 'moderns'. That has yet to happen for the '90s era.

In the end there may not ever be an official designation of 90's books that are 20+ years old but there will be a generalization of what era they lean towards. Although the term atomic age was created for the 50's books the general trend is to lump them into golden age. If you are one that believes there was a gap between the silver and bronze age almost everyone refers to very early 70's as bronze age. Gaps between ages usually get blended into one age or the other. It is slowly appearing that 90's will be considered more copper than modern and as they get older and older it will probably continue that way.

In the end there may not ever be an official designation of 90's books that are 20+ years old but there will be a generalization of what era they lean towards. Although the term atomic age was created for the 50's books the general trend is to lump them into golden age. If you are one that believes there was a gap between the silver and bronze age almost everyone refers to very early 70's as bronze age. Gaps between ages usually get blended into one age or the other. It is slowly appearing that 90's will be considered more copper than modern and as they get older and older it will probably continue that way.

It'll be interesting to watch.

I'm one who agrees that the death of Superman delineates the end of the Copper age, leaving most of the 90s undesignated, and orphaned between copper and modern.

I believe that as time goes on we will see more and more posts in the copper forum starting to be about mid to late 90's "modern books".

I guess we'll keep the Mods busy moving posts then.

If you have a problem, then petition CGC to create a new forum for these mysterious books you believe to be "not-Modern", because until then, Modern is where it goes.

The chromium age

The problem with this is that it's a misnomer. Most speculator covers of the early-90's-on were actually "foil enhanced" and not "chromium", so really, Foil would be the most accurate term.

Then we could make a cartoon about stupid 90's specs looking through their collections and screaming "Foiled Again!".

I'm one who agrees that the death of Superman delineates the end of the Copper age

Nah, the Death of Superman is more like ASM 121, the "culmination" of the era, but making it the end point totally ignores the major trends of the Foil/Chromium Age, like mass speculation (Spider-man #1, 1990), Image (1992), Valiant (1990), Wizard (1991), etc.

And BTW, the first Wizard mag was July 1991, and might actually be a great benchmark for a definite point where the MA could not go past. After all, it was created by many of the very trends listed above.

Quit refusing to go to school and learn about the concepts of time and space.

Curses! Foiled again!!

(worship)

lol

Quit refusing to go to school and learn about the concepts of time and space.

Curses! Foiled again!!

(worship)

:frustrated:

Hey, how about the "Wizard Age" as a potential name?

First issue July 1991

Final issue March 2011

hm

I think that's really good. Comic Values Monthly didn't seem to last. I don't remember when the Overstreet quarterly (?) was in publication, but Wizard seemed to be the lasting image.