• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Issue 1 has a date of Sept 1991 and the original Guide to Comics has no cover date. The original issue could be from August, July or even earlier. Did you use Wiki to get your info because that's where it says the first publication was in July?

I've seen July 1991 mentioned on multiple sites, so I just assumed it was confirmed long ago by people/dealers who actually bought/sold it off the shelves.

Both of these auctions are mine. The one that went for $124 was a bidding war, I just got kinda lucky that day, a week later I listed the 2nd copy I had. I just relisted the same auction, and hit a bad day, it should have done better. Just glad I didn't list my 9.8

did u make a second chance offer after the first sale?

Issue 1 has a date of Sept 1991 and the original Guide to Comics has no cover date. The original issue could be from August, July or even earlier. Did you use Wiki to get your info because that's where it says the first publication was in July?

I've seen July 1991 mentioned on multiple sites, so I just assumed it was confirmed long ago by people/dealers who actually bought/sold it off the shelves.

Here's my favorite dialogue concerning assumptions...

Edited by MrWeen

Both of these auctions are mine. The one that went for $124 was a bidding war, I just got kinda lucky that day, a week later I listed the 2nd copy I had. I just relisted the same auction, and hit a bad day, it should have done better. Just glad I didn't list my 9.8

did u make a second chance offer after the first sale?

+1,000

(see what I did there?)

Edited by Aweandlorder

Seriously, get over yourself.. quick.

Seeing "July 1991" listed on Wiki, in various comic articles, other reputable sites, etc. is NOT an assumption based on nothing, it is based on multiple attributions from relevant sources.

What relevant source attributions do you have that discount July 1991 as a publication date for the first Wizard book?

Seriously, get over yourself.. quick.

Seeing "July 1991" listed on Wiki, in various comic articles, other reputable sites, etc. is NOT an assumption based on nothing, it is based on multiple attributions from relevant sources.

What relevant source attributions do you have that discount July 1991 as a publication date for the first Wizard book?

You used the word assumed not me! I apologize though I forgot to insert the :baiting: or the ;)

Edited by MrWeen

After copper,it should be tin,or aluminum.Then..plastic

The Brass Age :)

Ha,my gran used to say I was being brassy if I was being bold/saucy and making her cross! lol

Love some of these old terms...

But yea,Brass sounds good to me...without all the br! :devil:

For what it's worth, the cover date on Wizard #1 was September 1991. It's highly likely that, like comics, the cover date is a couple months away from when it was released to keep it on a newsstand longer. The back cover has an ad for X-Men #1, which, according to the ad, is "On sale in August." The content of the issue also has X-Force #1 topping the Top 10.

This is purely old man recollection, but I bought Wizard 1 in North Carolina after moving there, but before grad school started. I'm guessing mid-August 1991. On sale date was probably in July if that's the case - things moved a little slower in Winston-Salem back then.

I realize the topic is "on e-barf", but I don't do that, but I did do a show a couple weeks back and here are some of the results:

X-Factor 6, sold three, perhaps the only three I took? $50, $25 and $20. I try to price to grade, but not sure they were scrutinized. The $50 was 9.2 or 9.4 raw? The other two were not as nice. The guy worked for another dealer and said XF6 sells, XF5 does not.

Sold lots of pre-unity Valiants; Magnus 12 for $20 and 5 for $5, Rai 0 for $10, X-O 1 to 5 for $5 each (yes, I know).

Solar 3 two copies for $5 each.

Cry for Dawn 1 3rd print for $25

San Diego Comic Con 2 for $40.

NM 98 9.8 for $600, three raw for $800.

Swampie 37 for $30

X-Men 266 for $50

Bats 359 for $20 and 358 for $5

Watchmen 1-12 in VF/NM for $40

Don't recall much of what was asked for. There were lots of people, but I think since I was new most customers didn't feel comfortable buying from me as I sold mostly to dealers.