• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2022 at 2:36 AM, divad said:

By reposting your message verbatim? Gain clarity? (We don't talk like that in real life.) :insane:

I work for a Fortune 25 Financial Sector Corporation, it is the way everyone of (perceived) importance talks - the higher up the person the more the speak like that gets.  For better or usually worse given the 100's of Billions of Dollars per Quarter that flow through firms like my employer's, talk like that is as real as real life gets. To some extent what occurs with and within those giant firms has the ability to affect nearly every American who lives "on the grid".   

Perhaps @Troy Division also works for a Multi-Billion Dollar International Corporation, if so it is likley how they speak there as well.  Oh and yeah I don't like that type of speak all that much, but when you are in the deep end of the pool you must know how to swim. If not then no further 1970's OA Avengers covers will be on my horizon :cheers:

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/24/2022 at 10:43 AM, MAR1979 said:

I work for a Fortune 25 Financial Sector Corporation, it is the way everyone of (perceived) importance talks - the higher up the person the more the speak like that gets.  For better or usually worse given the 100's of Billions of Dollars per Quarter that flow through firms like my employer's, talk like that is as real as real life gets. To some extent what occurs with and within those giant firms has the ability to affect nearly every American who lives "on the grid".   

Perhaps @Troy Division also works for a Multi-Billion Dollar International Corporation, if so it is likley how they speak there as well.  Oh and yeah I don't like that type of speak all that much, but when you are in the deep end of the pool you must know how to swim. If not then no further 1970's OCA Avengers covers will be on my horizon :cheers:

Yes, previously worked for a Fortune top 5 company.
It is important how / what words we use to communicate.
A lot can come down to nuance with the written word as 70% to 93% of communication is non-verbal.

On 4/23/2022 at 5:04 PM, manetteska said:

Please tell me this was a best offer at a lower price. 

It's his selling philosophy. He gets grief for it, but it works for him. Each of his accounts make a few sales a month
on high grade books. Its not really the norm or even close to an average sale, but as long as they pay they are sales.
Its a slow grind that many are not willing to participate in, but it yields high results over a long period.

On 4/24/2022 at 7:49 PM, fastballspecial said:

It's his selling philosophy. He gets grief for it, but it works for him. Each of his accounts make a few sales a month
on high grade books. Its not really the norm or even close to an average sale, but as long as they pay they are sales.
Its a slow grind that many are not willing to participate in, but it yields high results over a long period.

Yeah, but this one, to me, seems extra surprising. 

No first appearance, a common issue, not given a 9.8 raw grade, not newsstand,  and the best offer option not even negotiated. 

A CGC 9.6 sold a week before for half the price ($60).  And before that $36. 

On 4/24/2022 at 9:07 PM, manetteska said:

No first appearance, a common issue, not given a 9.8 raw grade, not newsstand,  and the best offer option not even negotiated. 

Thing is if the money meant nothing to purchaser then why would they not just buy a slabbed 9.8? Or 2 9.6's?     If the money does mean something then why not purchase the 9.6 slab for less and save funds? Something just does not add up

Edited by MAR1979

You left out the overgrading. 

On 4/24/2022 at 9:27 PM, Transplant said:

You left out the overgrading.

Well that wasn't really the point I was making. I figured you would come in at some point with it.

On 4/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, manetteska said:

Was the slab sold at auction or BIN? Impulse buys are sometimes stupid.

On 4/24/2022 at 9:34 PM, fastballspecial said:
On 4/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, manetteska said:

Was the slab sold at auction or BIN? Impulse buys are sometimes stupid.

$60 CGC 9.6 on 4/6 was a BIN.

$36 CGC 9.6 on 3/22 was an auction.

On 4/24/2022 at 6:07 PM, manetteska said:

Yes, perhaps, but those were only 9.6s . . . :nyah:

On 4/25/2022 at 3:04 PM, divad said:

Yes, perhaps, but those were only 9.6s . . . :nyah:

On 4/25/2022 at 3:08 PM, divad said:

#1 I'm not going to argue as you have your money and (I'm assuming) the buyer received his/her comic. I'm just noting it is a very odd sale.

#2 When linking to "recent" sales you should really sort the results by "most recent".... but that's the way you sort sales for some reason.

image.png.3df505fdfa4aa3e6adea04d892385c99.png

#3 Yes, those sales I listed were CGC 9.6 copies; the copy you listed, raw, was also listed as a 9.6 NM+. And don't say "but it coulda been a 9.8" as you also list raws as 9.8s, so, in my mind, this WAS NOT a 9.8 and was an accurate comparison to 9.6 sold copies.

image.thumb.png.7c339952863ced45bd1ca1cc539e4a74.png

On 4/25/2022 at 1:18 PM, manetteska said:

#2 When linking to "recent" sales you should really sort the results by "most recent".... but that's the way you sort sales for some reason.

I'll sort it however I wish, thank you. :bigsmile: You said "most", not I.

Why would I want to look at a bunch of lower priced books? hm I'm not buying, I'm selling. :sumo:

On 4/25/2022 at 1:18 PM, manetteska said:

#1 I'm not going to argue as you have your money and (I'm assuming) the buyer received his/her comic. I'm just noting it is a very odd sale.

Good. Odd is as odd does. :foryou:

On 4/24/2022 at 1:29 PM, Troy Division said:

Yes, previously worked for a Fortune top 5 company.
It is important how / what words we use to communicate.
A lot can come down to nuance with the written word as 70% to 93% of communication is non-verbal.

Big freakin' whoop . . . is that nuanced enough for you? :baiting: