• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2022 at 11:55 AM, mytastebud said:

It's amazing to me the price Batman 423 fetches and yet I just picked up my 4th copy raw for under $70.

$3000 in 9.8??? $1000 in 9.6? Don't collectors know there are better buys for their dollar?

I love that cover a lot, but I refused to pay crazy money. I got a 2nd print 9.6 for $150, and a month or two later I was at a one-day show and a guy had a 2nd print raw (maybe an 8.5 to 9.0 on the wall for something like $40 (which actually isn't a bad price for a decent copy). I bought a bunch of other books from his bins, and I asked if he'd do $25 on that one too since I bought a lot, and he said, "sure, why not?" xD

All three prints on that book look the exact same, and it's not a "key" for any reason but the cover. I'll buy later printings all day on that one for cheap.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 5/6/2022 at 11:29 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I love that cover a lot, but I refused to pay crazy money. I got a 2nd print 9.6 for $150, and a month or two later I was at a one-day show and a guy had a 2nd print raw (maybe an 8.5 to 9.0 on the wall for something like $40 (which actually isn't a bad price for a decent copy). I bought a bunch of other books from his bins, and I asked if he'd do $25 on that one too since I bought a lot, and he said, "sure, why not?" xD

All three prints on that book look the exact same, and it's not a "key" for any reason but the cover. I'll buy later printings all day on that one for cheap.

Smart move, if you want it because you like the cover

On 5/6/2022 at 12:55 PM, mytastebud said:

It's amazing to me the price Batman 423 fetches and yet I just picked up my 4th copy raw for under $70.

$3000 in 9.8??? $1000 in 9.6? Don't collectors know there are better buys for their dollar?

I just looked at sold items on the bay for bats 423. CGC 8.5 for $2,200. Can that possibly be a real, completed sale???????

On 5/7/2022 at 3:40 AM, Spawnfreak said:

I just looked at sold items on the bay for bats 423. CGC 8.5 for $2,200. Can that possibly be a real, completed sale???????

It is not showing now from a quick search of Batman #423 CGC 8.5 so we have an answer.

That being said, it has been considered a classic cover for a while now and will continue to run in price as a result.

What is more impressive to me is the CGC 5.0 Canadian newsstand copy that fetched $450 in February. Looks like it is worthwhile subbing the mid grade CAD copies I have kicking around as well.

Edited by kimik

And, it makes me kick myself for passing on so many low to mid grade #423 CAD newsstand copies over the year. They are not that hard to find in general, they are just hard to find in high grade.

The Double Cover one currently on eBay is interesting (but do we really need 5 photos of the FC and SFC) without any others??? (shrug)

And never mind the seller's watermark . . . what's the point of that? Fear or greed? :insane:

Well, well - he does offer quite a number of very unique items (worship)

Edited by divad

It's been so long since anything could be even close to being called hot.  I think we have hit the annual summer slow down with full force.

On 5/12/2022 at 1:45 PM, valiantman said:

Half the country seems to want to disagree. lol

20220512_usatemp.jpg.710e0aa60c55a570788f1fb84c10b6b9.jpg

Funny they show Florida around 75, yet I am located at the top left of Florida near Alabama border and we have been averaging about 80-85.. :roflmao:

Still not looking forward to the easy 100-110 degrees + humidity this Summer.

On 5/12/2022 at 2:46 PM, The Meta said:

They can disagree all they want, reality is, the earths position states otherwise 

Technically, it is the axis of the earth tilting towards and away from the sun that changes the season and not the position of the earth relative to the sun.

:whistle:

On 5/12/2022 at 2:16 PM, LudaToke said:

Technically, it is the axis of the earth tilting towards and away from the sun that changes the season and not the position of the earth relative to the sun.

:whistle:

And yet, its the Earth's axis tilt, not the suns position that determines the seasons. It blazes on regardless 

meh