• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2022 at 5:24 PM, The Meta said:

Dunno

What about selling trimmed books?

Is that what you do? Shame on you! (shrug)

And for the record: I have never trimmed a book and then sold it. NEVER. :sumo:

Edited by divad

On 4/25/2022 at 8:06 PM, divad said:

Is that what you do? Shame on you! (shrug)

And for the record: I have never trimmed a book and then sold it. NEVER. :sumo:

No?

On 4/25/2022 at 7:58 PM, Troy Division said:

I don't know...is this nuanced enough for you?

Dox.JPG

Doxing New York.JPG

Doxing California.JPG

Just seeing this exchange....Are you really saying that PM response made you fear for your safety? 

On 4/26/2022 at 10:11 AM, AGGIEZ said:

Just seeing this exchange....Are you really saying that PM response made you fear for your safety?

Not a PM response, but a post from eBay.
The board member I was replying to publicly published the name / address / phone number of a person without their permission (doxxed) that left them negative feedback on eBay.
I redacted the doxxing victim's information, but it is still present on the eBay feedback.

from my original post on Friday night (before I knew the seller I was referencing) was the board member -
https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/272429-coppers-heatingselling-well-on-ebay/?do=findComment&comment=12300377

"Looking at the seller's feedback something jumped out at me.
I know there are always three sides of a story BUT there is no excuse to dox ANYONE.
I pray that this was all theater because if I were the buyer I would have brought about a legal complaint very quickly.
If it is true, then that type of behavior is unprofessional to say the least."

Edited by Troy Division

On 4/26/2022 at 12:17 PM, Troy Division said:

Not a PM response, but a post from eBay.
The board member I was replying to publicly published the name / address / phone number of a person without their permission (doxxed) that left them negative feedback on eBay.
I redacted the doxxing victim's information, but it is still present on the eBay feedback.

from my original post on Friday night (before I knew the seller I was referencing) was the board member -
https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/272429-coppers-heatingselling-well-on-ebay/?do=findComment&comment=12300377

"Looking at the seller's feedback something jumped out at me.
I know there are always three sides of a story BUT there is no excuse to dox ANYONE.
I pray that this was all theater because if I were the buyer I would have brought about a legal complaint very quickly.
If it is true, then that type of behavior is unprofessional to say the least."

Color me baffled that "doxing" is a thing and that someone would even fathom "legal action" for some keyboard warrior hurting their feelings...to each his/her/them/they/us own I guess...(shrug)

On 4/26/2022 at 6:07 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Color me baffled that "doxing" is a thing and that someone would even fathom "legal action" for some keyboard warrior hurting their feelings...to each his/her/them/they/us own I guess...(shrug)

Hurt feelings is purely a civil lawsuit and likley dismissed as frivolous.  So yep agreed.

The large potential issue is;  

Private Personally Identifiable Information was revealed without consent on a publicly viewable platform. Crossing states (even if electronically) places it under federal jurisdiction. If something "bad" was to befall that person and it's traced back the seller could be both criminally and civilly liable. Fed prosecutors looking to make a bone love this stuff....eBay too is liable, however they have a huge expensive legal team already on their payroll plus huge corporations are basically Teflon.

IMHO the safest move by the seller now is to contact an attorney to determine if contacting eBay to have what is a possibly incriminating post removed is legally-wise or other way to proceed regarding the situation.

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/25/2022 at 3:18 PM, manetteska said:

#3 Yes, those sales I listed were CGC 9.6 copies; the copy you listed, raw, was also listed as a 9.6 NM+. And don't say "but it coulda been a 9.8" as you also list raws as 9.8s, so, in my mind, this WAS NOT a 9.8 and was an accurate comparison to 9.6 sold copies.

:gossip: Divad's copy wouldn't grade a 9.6 or better. 

On 4/27/2022 at 7:13 PM, djzombi said:

The last 2+ pages have been grossly off-topic. 

Possibly the intention from the start? If so, it was well done!

On 4/21/2022 at 7:53 PM, divad said:

Well, I think it's time for some recent data points, even if some of you get your panties in a bunch:roflmao:

On 4/25/2022 at 8:20 PM, divad said:

Big freakin' whoop . . . is that nuanced enough for you? :baiting:

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/27/2022 at 6:13 PM, djzombi said:

The last 2+ pages have been grossly off-topic.  Can we please get back to discussing Copper Age books that have been getting more attention lately?  

Of course we can. We always do after tangents.

So, what have you got? :popcorn:

On 4/27/2022 at 9:14 PM, Lazyboy said:

So, what have you got?

General question: Does a single sale of Copper book  qualify for the title of the topic?

Heating up or selling well in regards to Copper I feel needs to represent at least small handful of sales say 5 in month (or day or week).   The sale of a single raw copper book in my opinion does not qualify as hot nor does a single sale of a graded. 

Of course a single sold copy (assuming it really was sold) can be used in price charting, but the topic of his thread is "Copper's Heating/Selling Well" not "collecting one off sales data for analysis" . That really needs to be it's own separate thread.

Bottom line one or 2 copies of copper book sold in a month or many months, simply does not mean heating up or selling well!   

All that said, I feel the thread starter should make the call. Paging;   @fastballspecial

Edited by MAR1979