• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

well my last posts about the collectible side of things went over like a lead balloon but since I am a glutton for punishment, there was a stadium events cartridge (no manual) and rough condition box (huge gash on back) that just went for 11,500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stadium-Events-NES-/271186315376?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f23f6c870

and a very sharp condition complete copy was just found at a goodwill for $7.99 and will no doubt be for sale in the next month or two, here's a pic. for some reason the pic got resized but the box is nice, call it VF in comic terms, manual and cart look gorgeous, call them NM in comic terms. Should be a lock to go 15k and maybe more.

a66gFpZ.jpg

I just read about this, pretty interesting stuff.

Bronty -- including this one, how many known Stadium Events carts are out there?

there's a good number of the cartridges. just in the collector community I'm sure it would be a couple hundred (as there are 50 or so owners on NA alone), and I'm sure there are a good number still out there to be found as well.

only 10 or 12 known boxes at this point though.

Oh for sure. The cart is worth maybe 4k these days (last sales at 3500 and there seems to be some pent up demand and no sellers at that price now). The box is definitely worth quite a bit more than the cart. The manual is probably worth... say.... 25% (?) less than the cart.

When the hell am I ever going to find something cool?

-slym

(shrug) You must be looking in the wrong places? I just checked between the couch cushions, and lo and behold!

P1000163_zps890725a5.jpg

^ that's just an asking price (jason wilson's copy). Might as well be 4 million, because he's not going to get anywhere close to 95k. :) Also, for what its worth the ebay copy is used/opened and this one unopened/new so they aren't entirely comparable.

Whats up with Wacky Race for the NES? Saw one at Pawn America with no box, asking for $130.

Lemme check the couch cushions.........

here we go! Right below the bag of cheezies and above the ball of lint :)

P1000155_zps9331103b.jpg

As for the pricing, well, its a rare title, often one of the last ones people need so its on the higher end for a loose cart. A lot of loose carts have decent 50+ prices these days. Its also a great looking box/label and the cartoon tie in doesn't hurt. It was also one of the few NES games published by what it now a popular publisher (Atlus). Not too sure about the gameplay ( as I haven't tried playing the game yet. Its always just appealed to me though.

Soooo..... in comic terms, I guess that makes it a silver age marvel by a popular creative team with a nice cover, but one I've never read so I'm not sure about the story. 2c

My girlfriend bought me a SupaBoy for my birthday. It's basically a handheld SNES (you can find them on Amazon).

You can even hook it up to your TV and use regular SNES controllers with it.

Now the hunt is on to find me some SNES games. I bought Street Fighter 2 last night and it works like a charm.