• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I have decided to go Old schoole with my portable gaming.

I recently bought a used Game Boy advanced SP to play my old games I recently found

And I bought a RDP Retro Duo Portable 2.0 Handheld SNES / NES System on ebay.

It will let me play old NES and SNES on the go.

I will let you know how it plays once it is delivered this week

The picture quality suffers. A toaster with a replaced 72 pin and a clean game will also work every time. Top loaders are very cool though and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Looking to get a NES toploader sometime in the future. I hear they almost always play the games without all the mubo-jumbo of the reggie versions.

You can get top loaders on ebay that have been modded to have AV output... thats what I have and I really enjoy it and as you say never the slightest problem.

Gameboy Advance was the best hand held...I kind of miss it.

I have to say I much prefer the graphics on the advance to the poor quality 3D graphics on the DS and its kin. Its like PS1 to maybe early PS2 3D graphics. Not impressed.

Love the GBA :cloud9:

They had some of the best Castlevania games on the GBA :)

I knew this would happen:

Gearbox,Sega Sued Over Aliens:Colonial Marines

IGN

Do they have a case? hm

Yes, how many people pre-ordered the title after seeing false footage.

I still have my GBA with about 20 games. I must admit though, I haven't even turned it on since I got my 3DS a year and a half ago.

I got my wife a 3DSXL for her birthday so if I need any 3d gaming I will use her system

from now its old school gaming.

I had more fun with the older stuff

I still have my GBA with about 20 games. I must admit though, I haven't even turned it on since I got my 3DS a year and a half ago.

I got my wife a 3DSXL for her birthday so if I need any 3d gaming I will use her system

from now its old school gaming.

I had more fun with the older stuff

The weird thing is..guess what I play most on my 3ds? Virtual Console games. (shrug) I even have a few that I already have in cartridge form, but I like the back-lit screen.

I have a Vectrex on its way to me. At last! Been wanting to play one of those for 30 years, no kidding! Will post a pic (assuming it all works).

It is Awesome! :cloud9: Love the vector graphics, love the sounds. It came with a (homebrew) 3D headset and everything.

P1040505_zps600d74e3.jpg

I received a SupaBoy (portable SNES player) for my birthday a few weeks ago. So far, so good. I really love it. Trying to hunt down some of my favorite SNES games has been fun.

In July, Hyperkin is coming out with the RetroN 5. It plays SNES, NES, Genesis, Gameboy, and Famicon games. It even has a HDMI port. I will be buying one of those for sure!

Edited by graffix13

I received a SupaBoy (portable SNES player) for my birthday a few weeks ago. So far, so good. I really love it. Trying to hunt down some of my favorite SNES games has been fun.

In July, Hyperkin is coming out with the RetroN 5. It plays SNES, NES, Genesis, Gameboy, and Famicon games. It even has a HDMI port. I will be buying one of those for sure!

I huess I have to save for that as well.

thank god I didn't buy the one console I saw that played SNES and NES and Genesis

Valiant released a free retro 8-bit side-scrolling game for iOS and Android today.

The story matches what's going on in the current comics.

Harbinger Wars: Battle for Las Vegas

http://www.valiantuniverse.com/2013/04/23/harbinger-wars-battle-for-las-vegas-hits-ios-and-android-for-free-on-may-2nd/

(thumbs u

I huess I have to save for that as well.

thank god I didn't buy the one console I saw that played SNES and NES and Genesis

My RDP Retro Duo Portable 2.0 Arrived today...

Its been a blast playing Super Play Action Football.

I need to get my hands on Legen of Zelda SNES and a Super Street Fighter game now