• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Helheim

1,817 posts in this topic

I'd rather own helheim than bedlam

I own both and really like both. Neither are doing great in the secondary but the material is awesome!

Those are cheap though! Although I still hold the record for buying the cheapest Helhiem #1 9.8 on eBay. It was around 30 bucks shipped and it happened over a month ago. Still happy about that :whee:

1. The book is awesome regardless of current price.

2. The book came out a mere 4 months ago and hasn't finished first arc or any trades yet.

3. SDCC isn't over yet and the summertime downturns are hitting lots of titles hard.

And lastly a lot of people are on the fence as this was touted in the very beginning as a mini but now we know its ongoing. I even have reliable source that confirmed not only will Helheim return after a few months following issue #6 but Joelle Jones will be returning!

Hopefully it continue's to carry itself with pure awesomeness that is Cullen Bunn, Joelle Jones, and Rikard the Draugr. I know prices are at all time lows for the slabs but, I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, this is the most "Metal" comic out right now.

I think Oni's biggest problem is that there are a ton of LCS that just do not order Oni. Hard to get readership when LCS doesn't support you.

ONI (and a few others publishers) are definitely under-ordered at LCS's, but this title needs a strong ending to the first arc to keep the fans it already has. Based on Bunn's other work, I'm hopeful.

Hopefully it continue's to carry itself with pure awesomeness that is Cullen Bunn, Joelle Jones, and Rikard the Draugr. I know prices are at all time lows for the slabs but, I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, this is the most "Metal" comic out right now.

I think Oni's biggest problem is that there are a ton of LCS that just do not order Oni. Hard to get readership when LCS doesn't support you.

Good point Colicab!

If it was from the bigger press companies this book would be all over the radar screen. I could really see this as a fantastic animation show as long as it has some metal music in the background. It would be graphic so would have to be on adult swim most likely. hm

12 month rule.

Helheim will be ok once the readership grows.

Its all good.

I think this book will develop a small following similiar to Bedlam I think. It just doesn't have the appeal other books do for other options such as animation, movies and such. Again I can be wrong just my opinion.

It suffers from lack of exposure in shops, in the STL area its ordered heavy, but in other cities I see it in 1 out of 4 shops. But, the print run was just over10K for issue 3 and issue 2 which is double the print run for Sixth Gun 31/32 so that can tell you a couple of things there. (Print Run for HelHeim 1 was 11.8k for comparison.)

Issues 4-6 print run will tell you where readership is going. Looks to me like its in better position then other new titles so far will c.