• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Absolutes, Omnibuses, Oversize, Special Editions discussion thread

374 posts in this topic

Good news from ComicsPro: DC are planning Omnibus editions of DC One Million and...

PLANETARY!

:whee:

And my streak of binding books that DC then releases a collection of continues... :facepalm:

Next I expect to see either an Atari Force Omnibus or some Deluxe Editions of Who's Who.

So Marvel is going to reprint the first Omnibus volumes for FF, ASM, Miller Daredevil, and UXM.

On the one hand, I'm excited to see some of these heading back to press because it'll make it easier to acquire some of these stories. However, part of me enjoys these books because I know of their value on the secondary market. Sure, it's mostly about the enjoyment of the work itself, but knowing that your copy of a hardcover is selling for 4 times what you paid for it is a pretty cool feeling, too.

I like them to stay in print so I dont feel pressure to sell...it seems silly to hang on to a book you can sell for several hundred dollars if you know it will eventually be reprinted and cost 60-80 bucks on amazon.

Right now I'm having a debate with myself if I should sell my ASM on ebay for 200-250 to pay for a new copy of ASM and UXM when the reprints come out. It makes good economic sense for me but I feel bad for whoever buys it at a premium not knowing its about to be reprinted.

So Marvel is going to reprint the first Omnibus volumes for FF, ASM, Miller Daredevil, and UXM.

On the one hand, I'm excited to see some of these heading back to press because it'll make it easier to acquire some of these stories. However, part of me enjoys these books because I know of their value on the secondary market. Sure, it's mostly about the enjoyment of the work itself, but knowing that your copy of a hardcover is selling for 4 times what you paid for it is a pretty cool feeling, too.

Are the in Previews? Where is this info from? Just curious.

Ah good, you found the thread!

I agree re the pressure to sell. Obviously there's a point where you think "I just can't hold on to this any longer at this price". I'm having this dilemma with my Saga RRP (bought for £25) and thinking of the other stuff I could get for it.

You raise another interesting point about people not being aware of reprints, but it's far from impossible that these are people that would have paid a big premium for a first print anyway. I'd take the view that anyone that wants to spend that much is probably a big enough fan that if a reprint was coming out there's a reasonable chance they would have heard about it.

Are the in Previews? Where is this info from? Just curious.

The info is from a Bleeding Cool article - HERE is a link.

The article says they'll be in Previews in June.

I've added a few other larger books so you can get a feeling how big this book is.

Are things that boring over there that you have time to film videos?

lol

I agree, the book is awesome.

I just found out about TOME, looks like I missed out on getting it for $60 on Kickstarter, but I'm considering getting it anyway. It's expensive for my taste but looks really cool. I imagine some unboxing vids will be on Youtube soon.

http://44flood.bigcartel.com/product/tome-volume-1-vampirism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLklI1gUgZ4

It's supposed to be an annual with a different subject each year. I'm on board, and hopefully next year there will be a chance to preorder at a better price

I bought the David Mazzucchelli Daredevil : Born Again Artist's Edition at the London con.

Wonderful book.