• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Absolutes, Omnibuses, Oversize, Special Editions discussion thread

374 posts in this topic

That would explain someone's recent sales thread here on the boards.

that and the $27 in my bank account... :eek:

I had already planned to dip into my Omnibus collection to sell..and then I started to hear the rumblings about Marvel taking some Omnis back to print... so yeah I tried to strike while the iron was hot (or about to get hot)... I figured its not all that different than the hot modern and con flippers...

But I am seriously worried about production. I already sold my ASM Omnibus, and based on the last year of Omnibus production Im pretty sure that the new printing will not be as high quality as the one I sold. Some people dont care about that and just want a copy for their collection and their shelf, but I'm almost 100% certain that the new version of the Spider-Man omnibus will not have the quality sewn binding like the one I just let go.

If I had the money and had been waiting to buy an ASM omnibus, I'd buy one in the next month if you can afford to spend a few more bucks. Im sure the total price will continue to drop to somewhere around $100, or maybe lower, and you can get an amazingly produced book without having to wait for the eventual solicition that may (likely) have lower production value.

I am psyched to finally be able to get the Uncanny Xmen 1 omnibus! I don't think Ive ever seen one for less than $375-400. I have almost 30 omnibus and other than the Silver Surfer one, I don't think I've paid over cover price for one and I refuse to pay $300+ for ANY omnibus. Ive been really lucky finding at least 1 and sometimes 4-5 of the OOP ones going for $200-300 on eBay at my LCS's :banana:

I am psyched to finally be able to get the Uncanny Xmen 1 omnibus! I don't think Ive ever seen one for less than $375-400. I have almost 30 omnibus and other than the Silver Surfer one, I don't think I've paid over cover price for one and I refuse to pay $300+ for ANY omnibus. Ive been really lucky finding at least 1 and sometimes 4-5 of the OOP ones going for $200-300 on eBay at my LCS's :banana:

Damn you! Silver Surfer's one of the few I still need (want!)

:slapfight:

I just sold my FF Volume 2 Omnibus for 5 times what I paid.

I stil have ASM vol1 and FF vol1 and I had to them signed by Stan Lee, and I am contemplating selling both. Spider-man I can still read and somewhat enjoy, but the other like FF, JIM, X-men, and TOS while super important are just too campy to want to reread them ever again.

The more I read the 1960's silver-age issues while extremely important are tough to hold my interest past the origin pages due to how campy they are. Before I mailed off the FF vol 2 omni I made sure to read #48-50 though, and FF annual 2 for origin of Doom.

I am more interested in Marvel reprinting X-men 94-143, and the Miller Daredevil. It is stupid for them not too considering people are paying over the top to get the OOP omnis on the secondary markets.

What's amazing is that the OOP prices have been there for 3+ years and its taken that long for them to convince the bean counters that its worth reprinting those iconic runs....

wonder if Silver Surfer is considered "fringe" or not...

I was thinking that as well. That'd one of the few I need still hm

If he's in the FF movie reboot I think you have a chance (or maybe if Marvel Studios wrestles him free for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie) , otherwise, Surfer isnt very present these days in Marvel happenings is he?

I was thinking that as well. That'd one of the few I need still hm

If he's in the FF movie reboot I think you have a chance (or maybe if Marvel Studios wrestles him free for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie) , otherwise, Surfer isnt very present these days in Marvel happenings is he?

Right, he's not. In fact, I don't even remember the last time he's big a big player in a popular story arc?

Anyways.... since he was one of the first Omnibuses printed I hope they revisit him but I'm not holding my breath.

The info is from a bleeding cool article with a quote from the marvel guy in charge of trades and such.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/05/reprinting-those-marvel-omnibuses-and-getting-a-star-lord-trade-out-in-june/

I started a thread not being aware of this one.

Finally! I'm buying at least one of each!

Why would you buy more than one?

The info is from a bleeding cool article with a quote from the marvel guy in charge of trades and such.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/05/reprinting-those-marvel-omnibuses-and-getting-a-star-lord-trade-out-in-june/

Just in case these ones end up tripling in value also somehow (shrug)

But once they go back in print, won't that ensure that prices for all editions become steady? And by that I mean, lower.

Makes me begin to wonder if there will be market for different printing. "Oh, the second print has a sewn binding? Then I'll pay more."

But once they go back in print, won't that ensure that prices for all editions become steady? And by that I mean, lower.

Makes me begin to wonder if there will be market for different printing. "Oh, the second print has a sewn binding? Then I'll pay more."

You never know. These new printings might have some cool cover that people just have to have (shrug)

That already happens with some (FF Vol 1 second printing, ASM 1st printing) they go for more since they have a better bind, vs alternatives that have a glued, or hybrid bind.

One regular copy and one washroom copy!

Can't wait to buy the ASM Vol. 1. Been waiting for them to reprint it. I might even go ahead and spring for an FF Vol. 1 or SS if they reprinted it and I was in a masochistic mindset.