• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tecs 1-26 In Grade -- The Quest Is Finally Over

546 posts in this topic

I meant a book where the covers are reproduced at 100% or larger than their actual size.

Some have asked about reprints - have any of these been reprinted? Where?

Sarg - you make a really great point & I think that is something that greatly adds to the appeal for me.

This collection is so beautiful it makes me want to cry...

There was a Millenium comic edition of Tec 1 (I think I have a copy lying around somewhere). Very little of the other interiors has been reprinted at this point.

The covers of all the early DCs are reprinted in the Gerber Guide.

Gerber_frontcover.jpg

The first 26 Tecs (cover to cover) were put on microfiche and were available from MicroColor International in New Jersey in the 90's. The owner, Ari, may still have leftover microfiche copies to sell. You need a microfiche reader though. The microfiche is cool because it's actual collector copies that are photographed page by page so all the tears, rips and paper anomalies are present.

I meant a book where the covers are reproduced at 100% or larger than their actual size.

Some have asked about reprints - have any of these been reprinted? Where?

Sarg - you make a really great point & I think that is something that greatly adds to the appeal for me.

This collection is so beautiful it makes me want to cry...

There was a Millenium comic edition of Tec 1 (I think I have a copy lying around somewhere). Very little of the other interiors has been reprinted at this point.

The covers of all the early DCs are reprinted in the Gerber Guide.

Gerber_frontcover.jpg

The first 26 Tecs (cover to cover) were put on microfiche and were available from MicroColor International in New Jersey in the 90's. The owner, Ari, may still have leftover microfiche copies to sell. You need a microfiche reader though. The microfiche is cool because it's actual collector copies that are photographed page by page so all the tears, rips and paper anomalies are present.

not sure I personally know anyone else who has microfiche as a resource :)

Your local public library should have microfiche readers for old newspapers & magazines unless they went all digital. The print quality of microfiche will depend on the source but can't match the quality of bound volumes. Unfortunately libraries have been dumping old magazines & newspapers due to storage, archival or restoration costs.

Your local public library should have microfiche readers for old newspapers & magazines unless they went all digital. The print quality of microfiche will depend on the source but can't match the quality of bound volumes. Unfortunately libraries have been dumping old magazines & newspapers due to storage, archival or restoration costs.

true Jeff. I used microfiche at public libraries long time ago :)

Thanks again for all the kind words. In a strange way, I'm a bit sad that the endeavor is over because I know that it is something that I likely won't be able to duplicate as a collector. I have a couple other tough runs that are close to being completed, but they are not as special to me as the pre-Bat Tecs.

Thanks again for all the kind words. In a strange way, I'm a bit sad that the endeavor is over because I know that it is something that I likely won't be able to duplicate as a collector. I have a couple other tough runs that are close to being completed, but they are not as special to me as the pre-Bat Tecs.

Your endeavor won't be over until you have the complete pre-Bat Tec run in 9.4 and above. :sumo:

It's often that way, isn't it. The post-quest blues. Still, I bet that #3 will forever hold a special place. That copy is just outrageous.

is 9.4 really good enough for "rare high grade?"

You`re right. The standard should be 9.6. After all, that`s where the madness starts (or so I`m told).

..... actually, the madness begins at the turnstyle..... we're just unable to see it. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u