• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants 98 CGC 10.0

1,026 posts in this topic

Whats amazing is he could never sell that 10.0 and its mere exisitence has a profound impact on the 9.8s

Why?

meant 9.9s

And Im assuming that makes my sentence make more sense.

I agree with the number of 9.8s out there, and the decent number of 9.9s already out there the 9.8s would not expect to be affected by a new "highest graded"

Aw damn!

I was hoping to build a fort out of hundreds of 9.8 copies when the price came down to a $1 each. :cry:

Whats amazing is he could never sell that 10.0 and its mere exisitence has a profound impact on the 9.8s

I disagree. I don't think it will affect the value of 9.8s at all.

whups meant 9.9s

:facepalm:

I now agree with you. lol

A buddy of mine walked into a local bank branch back in January to deposit change from his jukebox - he owns a bar here - and the teller informed him that some guy just dropped off a ton of old money.

So, he buys $250 worth of quarters and $130 of half dollars. Turns out, like 90% of them were silver. Turned that $400 into like $6k passing them off to a coinee friend of his.

I thought his story was impressive. But this one sorta dwarfs that

ok here's a related question.

If you were the dealer, would you want Fk to tell you what he bought from you, or would you rather not know.

(assume Fkiller informs the dealer in a nice congenial manner, not a rubbing it in his face *nyeh-nyeh* way)

If you were the dealer, would you want Fk to tell you what he bought from you, or would you rather not know.

(assume Fkiller informs the dealer in a nice congenial manner, not a rubbing it in his face *nyeh-nyeh* way)

I would want to know. I would use it as marketing - "The CGC 10 NM 98 was bought RIGHT HERE!!!" It doesn't bother me if people make money off stuff i sell them. I either sold it for the profit I wanted, or I got rid at the loss I was willing to take so (shrug)

Absolutely not. He'll get physically sick.

This is making me consider getting my high grade keys slabbed in the off chance a 9.9 comes up.

If you actually have HG keys, is 9.8 not enough of a motivation???

Absolutely not. He'll get physically sick.

This is making me consider getting my high grade keys slabbed in the off chance a 9.9 comes up.

If you actually have HG keys, is 9.8 not enough of a motivation???

They are... But a bigger de-motivator is back logged turnaround times!

So -- I remember all the discussion about the NM 98 9.9 thread about what was good value etc.

I just received word that I received a NM 98 CGC 10.0 white in my latest submission.

Thoughts?

Obviously, I'm very excited.

94614.jpg

I would want to know. I would use it as marketing - "The CGC 10 NM 98 was bought RIGHT HERE!!!" It doesn't bother me if people make money off stuff i sell them. I either sold it for the profit I wanted, or I got rid at the loss I was willing to take so (shrug)

No way. For the money he lost, he could run TV ads seeking collections. No way he should be told.

I'm of the camp that if you do intend on selling it that you do so soon to maximize profits and avoid risk from:

a.) Damage/theft/insurance or storage fees

b.) another 10 surfacing

c.) Deadpool disillusionment due to movie cancellation or poor -script/directing/acting/plot

If the highest a NM 98 9.9 went for was $12k, then your bottom should be just north of that (15-18k?) but given that + it's now the only 10 available + one of a kind non-key 10's may sell anywhere from 3-10 times the going rate of a recent 9.9 sale it could be much more. The only downside to your established 10 is if 9.9 prices begin dropping, your potential maximum may also drop. In roughly the past month 2 9.9's sold on ebay for $4100 BIN and $4161 auction. From this line of thinking you should still be able to get at least $12k but that excludes the human factor and irrational desire to want to own it.

Which brings us to the next question previously asked: what method and which venue should you use to sell and ensure the most optimum profit.

Method: Set Price vs Auction

What do you think it is worth to someone else: $18k, $24k, $30k, $40k? The problem with set price is you've just limited yourself. Set it too low and you'll know right away. The frenzy and emotion of the auction may promote a higher price but how high? Put it up for auction and skies the limit but so is the potential for a low winning bid and then there's the fees.

Ebay fees vs Heritage vs ComicLink.

Do you set a reserve if you can or just start from a high bid price?

Maybe just set it for a high BIN price of $100k Or Best Offer on craigslist. lol.

Something tells me timing is also a factor. Tax returns should be drying up and the last of the last minute filers are probably receiving theirs if not already. Sales over holidays like Memorial Day ought to be high but summer approaches and vacations are paramount meaning money is quickly getting locked up. So then do you wait for the fall or winter? Fun questions for someone in your position. Eitherway you'll have a lot more $$ than you did before. congrats :)

You can't get butthurt over someone paying your asking price for a book, and subsequently making a ton of dough on it. If it's a good customer, I'd be happy for them.

So -- I remember all the discussion about the NM 98 9.9 thread about what was good value etc.

I just received word that I received a NM 98 CGC 10.0 white in my latest submission.

Thoughts?

Obviously, I'm very excited.

Congrats Brian, I'm happy for you. With the first ever 10.0, here's hoping you make a killing! :wishluck: