• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,266 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2023 at 3:29 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

A couple of my favorites...

Adventures_into_the_Unknown_32_front (2).jpg

Love Bethlehem books because they are so sharp from a tough era. I’m hoping that a bunch of old geezers are still hoarding massive high grade collections of books from the 50’s because they really seem to be from a lost decade of collecting. 

On 12/1/2023 at 11:22 PM, Mr.Illmannered said:

Ok, here’s the big reveal. Front Page Comic Book 1 CGC 9.6 from 1945, file copy and lone highest graded. My previous collection boasted a respectable 7.0 copy that I had originally bought raw, it didn’t come near this one. I have argued in the past that THIS was the first true horror cover and I still stuck with that. This came out a full two years before Avon’s Eerie 1. 

4B2CA8CF-BFB8-4AD8-AC05-F5DA53949380.jpeg

Very nice Mr. Ill! I’ve always was a fan of this book. What do the notes on the label say?

On 12/2/2023 at 4:52 AM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

Just in...two more readers to enjoy.  :cloud9:

tyuj.jpg

DSCN5629.JPG

DSCN5631.JPG

DSCN5632.JPG

DSCN5633.JPG

ntntn.jpg

DSCN5636.JPG

DSCN5638.JPG

That is a great issue of Shock. Good cover to cover. “Halloween” is one of my favorite Ingals tales. And the cover, sadly, is so relevant to our current times…:sorry:

On 12/2/2023 at 3:19 PM, Robot Man said:

That is a great issue of Shock. Good cover to cover. “Halloween” is one of my favorite Ingals tales. And the cover, sadly, is so relevant to our current times…:sorry:

#2 definitely one of the strongest of the run as EC set their preacher stall out. EC were very brave in some of their editorials and stories of that time, considering the prevalent racism of the day.