• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2023 at 9:10 PM, fifties said:

Here's the copy of 13 that I'm keeping.  It has the skull and crossbones on the left, and also displays the cover price on the far right edge.

Chilling Tales 13.JPG

I don't know.... that skull is hugging the spine pretty tight... LOL.  No you're right, that's a nice copy.  

Edited by Black Bat

On 5/14/2023 at 5:21 PM, buttock said:

Fox over Lieber.  I have the splash for this story also, but it's at the framer.  

7DE7447B-8E14-4994-924E-34DB9C2C77F4.jpeg

Super!  I wish we could have a reprint volume of all these Lieber/Fox.  Too small an audience, I'm sure.  Low grade copies of the books will still be too costly for me to get them all.

On 5/17/2023 at 8:26 AM, Robot Man said:

Not noted in Overstreet but a Fox/Lieber cover?

IMG_6554.jpeg

That's probably Everett with an unusual inking.  

But for Matt Fox fans Twomorrows is releasing a dedicated book about him in September and you can preorder here. 

https://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=95_94&products_id=1711&fbclid=IwAR2X5kEOaXHNQGXx59Eztc76pxKz6NEh9Xf1Wlv0G-0y--YLZvlsANzKQGI

On 5/17/2023 at 11:13 AM, buttock said:

Definitely Everett.

On 5/17/2023 at 11:13 AM, buttock said:

But for Matt Fox fans Twomorrows is releasing a dedicated book about him in September and you can preorder here. 

https://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=95_94&products_id=1711&fbclid=IwAR2X5kEOaXHNQGXx59Eztc76pxKz6NEh9Xf1Wlv0G-0y--YLZvlsANzKQGI

This is great news.... I just wrote Twomorrows to get the contact info of the author to see if he is interested in including additional material.  If anyone has anything unusual that they would like to share, please let me know.

On 5/18/2023 at 6:57 AM, *paull* said:

This is great news.... I just wrote Twomorrows to get the contact info of the author to see if he is interested in including additional material.  If anyone has anything unusual that they would like to share, please let me know.

Years ago I came across this on the boards in an old poetry thread, I think it was about books that inspired you to write a poem (?).  Pretty darn great imo.
( Wish I could give credit to the poet but I couldn't find the OG post.  It seems the search function only goes back to 2019, pretty sure this is a few years before then.)

ct15g2.jpg

Here's reversed and slightly enlarged version that might be easier to read:

POEM.jpg

Edited by Black Bat

On 5/18/2023 at 8:17 PM, Black Bat said:

Years ago I came across this on the boards in an old poetry thread, I think it was about books that inspired you to write a poem (?).  Pretty darn great imo.
( Wish I could give credit to the poet but I couldn't find the OG post.  It seems the search function only goes back to 2019, pretty sure this is a few years before then.)

ct15g2.jpg

Here's reversed and slightly enlarged version that might be easier to read:

POEM.jpg

I’m pretty sure this was @Pat Calhoun