• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

Here's a pence version graded G raw in tonite's Heritage Sunday Night Auctions...no where in the title or description does it state the book is a pence copy... :o You can't really even make it out until you scroll to the larger scan...wondering how many of these bids think they're bidding on a regular copy... (shrug):boo:

ST 110 AUCTION

Went for $448 with BP. Too high, I would think, for a pence copy unless the winner thinks it's actually a VG. Even, then, though ....

Here's a pence version graded G raw in tonite's Heritage Sunday Night Auctions...no where in the title or description does it state the book is a pence copy... :o You can't really even make it out until you scroll to the larger scan...wondering how many of these bids think they're bidding on a regular copy... (shrug):boo:

ST 110 AUCTION

Went for $448 with BP. Too high, I would think, for a pence copy unless the winner thinks it's actually a VG. Even, then, though ....

Seems a touch high, but we had am American G+ sell here for $700 a couple weeks back. So who's to say it's not just Strange-Fever! lol

The note is: 6 siamese pages cut apart. Name stamp on 1st page.

I'm glad I picked this up some years back, before the recent run up.

I have never seen the "siamese" note before. I've always wondered what that was called. Better that they were cut apart than torn apart. I would have been scared that CGC might have called them trimmed.

great comic. One of these 9.0s sold for nearly $10k a month ago or so.

Edited by gadzukes

I am interested in two books lately.

I am still looking for a nice Strange Tales 110 and have been thinking about buying a copy of FF 48. (I sold my lower grade copy this year)

I am not looking at an investment here. I am wondering which I should pick up now and which I should pick up next year.

The ST110 6.0's seem to be going past the $2000 mark while the FF48 is possible to find for slightly under $2000 in a 9.2.

Thoughts?

Both nice books! Personally, I'd go with ST110 as the prices seem to be running away fast. ST110 is also much, much harder to find in grade as I'm sure you already know. FF48 is a favorite of mine but it's not a hard book to find, even in higher grade. You can find an FF48 just about any day of the week and I don't see prices moving up much over the next year or two. Good luck! (thumbs u

Edited by FantasticFan