• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

No, and you likely won't get any for a while. We've got Cap, GotG, and Ant-Man in there somewhere that will be coming out first and then (I think) we'll get Avengers 3 the following year. This flick won't be until after that so that's a loooooooooooong ways off. We're just getting Avengers casting news this week.

No, and you likely won't get any for a while. We've got Cap, GotG, and Ant-Man in there somewhere that will be coming out first and then (I think) we'll get Avengers 3 the following year. This flick won't be until after that so that's a loooooooooooong ways off. We're just getting Avengers casting news this week.

And yet we've had such a huge run up on ST110 prices. With almost NO movie production info whatsoever. Surely prices on this will flatline for a while.

I did notice Antman is starting to get more and more casting news. I think I saw a quote today that it would be fully cast by the end of the year.

And yet we've had such a huge run up on ST110 prices. With almost NO movie production info whatsoever. Surely prices on this will flatline for a while.

I did notice Antman is starting to get more and more casting news. I think I saw a quote today that it would be fully cast by the end of the year.

People realize that Dr Strange is not another Antman. Strange will not be there for comic relief in between the major movies of the phase. Rather, the Strange movie will be the center piece of Marvel's third phase, as Feige has said. The third phase will be the magical phase. It fits in with the Harry Potter and Twilight crowd and I think it is likely to become immensely popular. People want to get in on this before prices get out of reach. Also, if someone is looking for the next AF15 and wondering what it could be.. then perhaps Ditko and Stan's other major character besides Spider-man could be a good choice. :gossip:

People realize that Dr Strange is not another Antman. Strange will not be there for comic relief in between the major movies of the phase. Rather, the Strange movie will be the center piece of Marvel's third phase, as Feige has said. The third phase will be the magical phase. It fits in with the Harry Potter and Twilight crowd and I think it is likely to become immensely popular. People want to get in on this before prices get out of reach. Also, if someone is looking for the next AF15 and wondering what it could be.. then perhaps Ditko and Stan's other major character besides Spider-man could be a good choice. :gossip:

Don't knock Ant-man :sumo: But I do love Dr Strange :luhv:

When I saw what they could do with "magic" as far as CG in movies like Harry Potter and LOTR I knew that Doctor Strange could be a huge hit. It has huge potential especially if Marvel is making it the centerpiece of phase 3.

I still have fingers crossed for Antman but I think it's more of the wild card of the Marvel movies.

Don't remember if I posted mine but here is my copy

It's on it's way from Joey posts to NYCC to get signed by Stan and submitted to cgc after.

Got it back st 110 peeps....

Good Looking 3.5. I was thinking 4.0 when I saw the raw photo.

A 4.0 would've been nice but I'm okay really with any grade as long as I've got a copy :headbang:

Here's a pence version graded G raw in tonite's Heritage Sunday Night Auctions...no where in the title or description does it state the book is a pence copy... :o You can't really even make it out until you scroll to the larger scan...wondering how many of these bids think they're bidding on a regular copy... (shrug):boo:

ST 110 AUCTION

Just wondering, is there a value difference between pence and U,S. books? I passed on a Journey into Mystery 109 pence only because it was to rough for me but, are they not more rare?

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

I am in. I think i can get this pressed up. There are non color breaking creases and book has not been pressed.

Sweet copy congrats! Pressed up even higher than an 8? Now you're just showing off lol!

By the way there's a couple of nice looking ST 110s (a 5.5 and a 7.0) on Heritage ending tonight, both still sitting at very low bids. Opportunity knocking mayhaps? hm

-J.

By the way there's a couple of nice looking ST 110s (a 5.5 and a 7.0) on Heritage ending tonight, both still sitting at very low bids. Opportunity knocking mayhaps? hm

-J.

I saw your post so I just went to see the results:

Strange Tales #110 (Marvel, 1963) CGC FN- 5.5 Off-white to white pages: $1,553.50

Strange Tales #110 (Marvel, 1963) CGC FN/VF 7.0 Cream to off-white pages: $3,079.52

doh!

-J.

Strange Tales #110 (Marvel, 1963) CGC FN- 5.5 Off-white to white pages: $1,553.50

Strange Tales #110 (Marvel, 1963) CGC FN/VF 7.0 Cream to off-white pages: $3,079.52

doh!

I don't wanna sell mine but :eek: that's a lotta money.

-J.

doh!

I don't wanna sell mine but :eek: that's a lotta money.

The 5.5 got a good price. I think the 7.0 was a little low considering what their 8.0 just went for on there. But they both definitely got some late auction action. Nice to see the book is still chugging along though. :banana:

-J.