• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

Just saw on GPA that an 8.0 sold for $6675 this month??? That's a huuuuuge jump in price....

Off-white to White pages.

That's about what the one on Heritage went for in their Nov auction if I'm, not mistaken.

-J.

Yeah the one on Heritage went for $6572, but I owed that price hike to the Don/Maggie Thompson pedigree....

Just saw on GPA that an 8.0 sold for $6675 this month??? That's a huuuuuge jump in price....

That's about what the one on Heritage went for in their Nov auction if I'm, not mistaken.

-J.

Yeah the one on Heritage went for $6572, but I owed that price hike to the Don/Maggie Thompson pedigree....

I know some people do, but I take "pedigrees" with a grain of salt. A book, is a book, is a book. And the grade is the grade. If it happens to be a "pedigree", whoop-de-doo. But I will never pay a premium for it. An 8.0 is a pretty high grade for this book, so I'm not surprised to see it starting to get that high. It's been rising fairly consistently in all grades for the better part of a year now, and they are not as commonly offered in a "decent grade" (i.e, 7.0+) as people realize.

-J.

-J.

I know some people do, but I take "pedigrees" with a grain of salt. A book, is a book, is a book. And the grade is the grade. If it happens to be a "pedigree", whoop-de-doo. But I will never pay a premium for it. An 8.0 is a pretty high grade for this book, so I'm not surprised to see it starting to get that high. It's been rising fairly consistently in all grades for the better part of a year now, and they are not as commonly offered in a "decent grade" (i.e, 7.0+) as people realize.

-J.

I totally am with you on the pedigree thing. I as well would not pay a premium for pedigree, but it seems you and I are not the ruling party as typically, on GPA, pedigrees are going for a premium. I am happy to see this one going up though. Almost makes me tempted to sell my CGC SS 8.0....but not really :)

-J.

-J.

I totally am with you on the pedigree thing. I as well would not pay a premium for pedigree, but it seems you and I are not the ruling party as typically, on GPA, pedigrees are going for a premium. I am happy to see this one going up though. Almost makes me tempted to sell my CGC SS 8.0....but not really :)

I would definitely treasure that puppy! (thumbs u

-J.

I love to see all these 110s' up here. I've always thought this was a cool book. Its about time the Doc gets his due. :applause: His whole back catalog of comics are seriously under rated still. Finally starting to really heat up. I was fortunate enough to have been able to buy this off a fellow boardie last year. :cloud9:

StrangeTales110CGC9_0OW1032354003scan_zpsb87d86a7.jpg

Edited by nextlevelmp

I think this book has the potential to get into JIM 83 territory. The good doctor will never have the recognition that Thor has. Having a mythological analogue behind your comic book character is a bit of a leg up, not to mention Avengers affiliation. Still, Dr. Strange is widely loved with the hobby and has a hand in so much of the Marvel universe.

What Dr. Strange needs is a new series, with a kick butt writer. He has so much potential, just need the right guy or girl to bring to shine a light on him.

I agre there but I believe a movie will do him more justice then a new modern series to be honest.

I hope a movie gets made and does about as well as the first Thor movie. In any event i intend to hold onto my copy for another 20 years at least as I think this book has too much unrealized potential to part with.

Best case scenario i make enough money that i never need to sell it for any price but at least if i hold it long term i can feel confident i didn't let it go too early.