• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

$5500? :o

Really nice spine and nice overall but I didn't realize a 7.0 could have that big of a visible crease.

How'd that get up to $5500?

Of course I have a ST 110 9.0 with a tiny crease too so I shouldn't complain.

lots of high grade copies (talking 9.4 range) with lots of wear on em including multiple corner creases etc. Seems like CGC is light on this book for whatever reason.

Really nice spine and nice overall but I didn't realize a 7.0 could have that big of a visible crease.

Yeah, I dunno about this one. It looks like it was a BIN, and it seems a bit fishy to me. I did want to let you guys know about it though.

lots of high grade copies (talking 9.4 range) with lots of wear on em including multiple corner creases etc. Seems like CGC is light on this book for whatever reason.

Books from this particular time period (like JIM #98, FF #26, TTA #57 and ST #110) all seem to have similar production defects, one of them being a diagonal 'forward slash' \ crease along the bottom of the cover (front, back or both). Something to do with the printer during the '63 / '64 period.

Here's my 9.0 & 8.0. I love em both and am super happy I have them, but the tiny crease on the 9.0 really shows against the black background. The flash photo makes it look worse than it is in hand. It's otherwise an gorgeous comic.

get-attachment-2aspx_zps3fb06a39.jpeg

Yeah, I dunno about this one. It looks like it was a BIN, and it seems a bit fishy to me. I did want to let you guys know about it though.

I initially thought it was suspect as well--until I saw that the same guy who bought my Avengers 55 also picked up that Circle 8 copy. So it's a legit sale.

Must be the nice PQ that gave it a boost. Normally a $1900 book in that grade?

Or that the book looked too nice for a 6.0 holder. That's usually the case.

I looked at it. It was subbed in 2008. It definitely looked too nice for a 6.0.

Anyone watching the CGc 9.6 on Heritage's Signature auction at the moment?

It's sitting on $28,000, I'll be very curious to see where it finishes.

And this is an original label copy, so part of the first 3 9.6's to go on the census. The other two being the Pacific Coast copies. Though they're not sitting in original holders. Doug resubbed them (how many times?). One was White pagers, the other an Off-white, that turned into an Off-white to white copy. But they both remain as 9.6's.

I haven't seen the more recent 9.6 on the census, and looking at the 9.4's, it doesn't seem to of been a lucky upgrade candidate.

Thanks! The defects keeping it down there are a small chip in the top right corner, and an almost imperceptible crease with color break in bottom right. I have to squint to see it. I'm really happy with this one. I got it from Joey a few months back and sent it to Desert Winds. I think its tied for highest graded signature series at the moment. :)

Here's my 9.0 & 8.0. I love em both and am super happy I have them, but the tiny crease on the 9.0 really shows against the black background. The flash photo makes it look worse than it is in hand. It's otherwise an gorgeous comic.

get-attachment-2aspx_zps3fb06a39.jpeg

Well I was going to post my CGC 4.0 but why bother now. :eyeroll:

The ST 110 on CL was at 2K last night. Nice copy though. Hope a boardie ends up with it!

Congrats seredynskib! Welcome to the club!

What grade was it at? What's the GPA on a lower grade to mid grade anyone? Is the book still rising?

Yeah, so a boardie did end up with it and it is in hand as of this week. I had contacted CLink like I had with my other larger purchases and had all my questions answered. If you want to see pics of anything specific on the book or have any questions I would be happy to answer. I paid what could be considered a strong price but before and as this auction was going on, there were boardies offering another 6.0 book at the same price and a 5.5 for about $150 less. At NYCC, those that had this book at all were also looking for the same price at the same grade and most of those books had defects that were consistent with the grade (and Marvel chipping) but were not things that I was looking for in the book.

My 6.0 (CLink) did not have any Marvel chipping or front cover folds. The top left corner was acceptable to me and the top edge shows some wrinkling that would probably smooth out with a press if I ever feel like rolling the dice on a CPR. The book was slabbed in 2008 and from the wrinkling I would guess it has not been pressed yet.

The only annoyance I have is that the plastic bag that it was shipped in from CLink had a bunch of holes through from wear. Really? $2500 for a book and CLink couldn't throw on a fresh bag over the CGC case? It's the little things like a 'please' and 'thank you' sometimes.

0BA37849-D737-4E64-9FD1-71CE6B893A40-229-0000001B3B152A78_zps7a5cef9e.jpg

599C1423-DC8C-47B0-8B68-9899C412537E-962-000001D3C3FE9657_zps1e59cbd1.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

Well I was going to post my CGC 4.0 but why bother now. :eyeroll:

Come on.... this club is a celebration of all ST110s, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Edited by gadzukes

The ST 110 on CL was at 2K last night. Nice copy though. Hope a boardie ends up with it!

Congrats seredynskib! Welcome to the club!

What grade was it at? What's the GPA on a lower grade to mid grade anyone? Is the book still rising?

Yeah, so a boardie did end up with it and it is in hand as of this week. I had contacted CLink like I had with my other larger purchases and had all my questions answered. If you want to see pics of anything specific on the book or have any questions I would be happy to answer. I paid what could be considered a strong price but before and as this auction was going on, there were boardies offering another 6.0 book at the same price and a 5.5 for about $150 less. At NYCC, those that had this book at all were also looking for the same price at the same grade and most of those books had defects that were consistent with the grade (and Marvel chipping) but were not things that I was looking for in the book.

My 6.0 (CLink) did not have any Marvel chipping or front cover folds. The top left corner was acceptable to me and the top edge shows some wrinkling that would probably smooth out with a press if I ever feel like rolling the dice on a CPR. The book was slabbed in 2008 and from the wrinkling I would guess it has not been pressed yet.

The only annoyance I have is that the plastic bag that it was shipped in from CLink had a bunch of holes through from wear. Really? $2500 for a book and CLink couldn't throw on a fresh bag over the CGC case? It's the little things like a 'please' and 'thank you' sometimes.

0BA37849-D737-4E64-9FD1-71CE6B893A40-229-0000001B3B152A78_zps7a5cef9e.jpg

599C1423-DC8C-47B0-8B68-9899C412537E-962-000001D3C3FE9657_zps1e59cbd1.jpg

Looks great! Congrats on the pickup!

Anyone watching the CGC 9.6 on Heritage's Signature auction at the moment?

$39,000 and counting..

It is gorgeous though, and many people don't know Dr Strange now, but if they build him right (I have an idea for this ;) ) in the movie then I think this could rival Spider-man and Wolverine as Marvel's top billing.

$39,000 and counting..

It is gorgeous though, and many people don't know Dr Strange now, but if they build him right (I have an idea for this ;) ) in the movie then I think this could rival Spider-man and Wolverine as Marvel's top billing.

Agreed.... for the last scene in the closing credits of the final Marvel movie in phase three... Magician Stephen Strange lifts up a snow globe and says, "By the Vishanti, imagine if there was a real world in there." He shakes it once for good measure and goes out on stage at the Bellagio to perform his act.

$39,000 and counting..

Final bid: $44,812.50!

If the movie goes well, that will look like a bargin price very quickly.

$39,000 and counting..

Final bid: $44,812.50!

If the movie goes well, that will look like a bargin price very quickly.

Any new news on the movie? Has a director been announced? This one never seems to get any news.