• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I saw Man of Steel tonight...

187 posts in this topic

Saw a screener tonight, and I'll just go ahead and get this out of my system: they finally did it. They finally made a good Superman movie.

The action is absolutely incredible. Like, really really good. Like, might be the best i've seen from a capes movie. Right on par with what we saw in the Avengers, if not better.The CGI is at times, beautiful. It doesn't look corny.

The plot itself was a little wonky at times for me, but it tied together really nicely toward the middle. The acting was great-- and I'm pretty sure if Amy Adams wasn't a household name already she will be. It was just a damn good superhero movie that I'm fairly positive, even hardline Christopher Reeves old school guys will love. Not posting any spoilers because, LAME, but if you have specific questions, feel free to PM.

Only negative thing I can say is that there was a lot of product integration. Some was seamless, others, it was definitely like, OK, i get it, Dodge paid for this, or X company paid for that.

Finally, the score was AWESOME. Know it's not that big of a deal, but the music is a huge pull for me and they KILLED it. Really great.

Saw a screener tonight, and I'll just go ahead and get this out of my system: they finally did it. They finally made a good Superman movie.

The action is absolutely incredible. Like, really really good. Like, might be the best i've seen from a capes movie. Right on par with what we saw in the Avengers, if not better.The CGI is at times, beautiful. It doesn't look corny.

The plot itself was a little wonky at times for me, but it tied together really nicely toward the middle. The acting was great-- and I'm pretty sure if Amy Adams wasn't a household name already she will be. It was just a damn good superhero movie that I'm fairly positive, even hardline Christopher Reeves old school guys will love. Not posting any spoilers because, LAME, but if you have specific questions, feel free to PM.

Only negative thing I can say is that there was a lot of product integration. Some was seamless, others, it was definitely like, OK, i get it, Dodge paid for this, or X company paid for that.

Finally, the score was AWESOME. Know it's not that big of a deal, but the music is a huge pull for me and they KILLED it. Really great.

Thanks for the report and for not having any spoilers. I really can't wait to see this movie now :whee:

Thanks for the report and for not having any spoilers. I really can't wait to see this movie now :whee:

+1

pre ordered my tickets, had to get 3D as they had no 2D, which did you watch?

2D. Not a fan of 3D movies anyway, but since it was a media screener there was no choice anyway.

i prefer 2D, i already wear glasses so 2 pairs are annoying and 3D doesn't add anything to a film for me

can't wait to bring my whole family to see it on Friday!!!

DC RULES, MARVEL DROOLS! J/K :)

The Catwoman and Green Lantern movies called....

'Nuff Said lol

Green Lantern was great, and did well enough that it'll be greenlit for a #2.

I see your Catwoman and raise you Ghost Rider and Dare Devil.

Great review!

:applause:

JLA - here they come!

:whee: