• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what is YOUR birthday comic?
2 2

240 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2022 at 10:48 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm aware no one asked lol 

I was issued in 1981, July, so I'm "a year" before. The only difference that I notice, now that it has happened, is when the boards inevitably talk about the "demographic" of comic collectors. I joined the registry in 2015 and the boards in 2016, and I always saw the boards say that most collectors were then 40+ in age. Now that I am 40, when the boards reiterate, it makes me feel as though I have one foot in.

Health wise, no different, other than being comfortable during the week at night to sit and watch TV. Used too, I would feel guilty and get up and do something worth my time. 

OH and my birthday comic....

s-l1600.jpg

lol! no not at all! It's always welcome to hear this kind of feedback. I know these experiences are different from person to person, but the overall life line is kind of the same.

We all go through the same society experience. I felt a physical change with aches and pains at around 37? ish? I expect the next hurdle around 43 lol

It was a slow month for interesting titles or covers on my birthday.  MCS shows a smattering of Funny Animal, Archie, DC, Romance, Dells and some horror - none of which I collect or would have bought (if I had pockets in my diapers).  What I did notice was an incredible amount of men's "adventure" magazines which had some lurid covers, none more so than this one that caught my eye.  Get rid of most of the cover writing, change the title to a "Blue Beetle" or "Crimes By Women" and you've got a Pre-Code specimen that would have made for a chapter if Wertham would have written a follow-up book.

1Sept.jpg

Is there an easy way to still find this out? The tool mentioned in the original post doesn't seem to exist anymore

Sorry, should have looked a bit more around the website before posting, found the search function lol 

Edited by JC25427N