• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

Hotels usually go on sale right around this time. Last year travel planners opened up the reservation process on February 26th then closed it and re-opened it again on March 12th.

I too am eagerly awaiting the announcement, but as Trev pointed out, it makes sense that it won't happen until after general registration. If I had to take a guess though, I would say hotels reservations open up by the end of March.

Reportedly the hotelagedden won't happen till after the EarlyBird hotel sale closes on April 8th. This is assuming that the gen sale has occurred between now & April 8th.

Personally, i can't quite see CCI holding up the gen sale or the main hotel sale for the end of the EB hotel sale but that's the current situation.

btw, we will be opening up a forum specifically for downtown hotel swapping with a spreadsheet, http://www.friendsofcci.com/forum/index.php?topic=2680.0

eta; We haven't opened up that forum yet as we don't even have a date for the hotel sale. I think it'll get opened up just after the gen sale

I'm so confused with this entire process. I have a SDCC Member ID, had one for years now. Email from them is not being filtered by spam mail settings. I have still yet to ever be sent an email that general admission tickets are now available for sale!

I would really love to go at least once in my lifetime but do I really need to check these forums for the exact minute that tickets are available? I heard a rumor that they allow all previous ticket holders in first then whatever is left over is what they sell to the public. Is that true? Seems like an impossible mission to get tickets as a first time goer. Any advice?

I'm so confused with this entire process. I have a SDCC Member ID, had one for years now. Email from them is not being filtered by spam mail settings. I have still yet to ever be sent an email that general admission tickets are now available for sale!

I would really love to go at least once in my lifetime but do I really need to check these forums for the exact minute that tickets are available? I heard a rumor that they allow all previous ticket holders in first then whatever is left over is what they sell to the public. Is that true? Seems like an impossible mission to get tickets as a first time goer. Any advice?

General reg hasn't happened yet so you are fine. They do pre-reg for people who had tix the prior year but they also limit those tix so it's not that the gen includes just whatever is left.

Like them on FB and follow their blog and you should see the announce on tix.

For those of you who want to stay at the Marriot Marquis San Diego is available for Comic Con. Pre pay for $650 on their website. Steep but thought I would post it

Thanks for the info. I checked like a month ago just to see and they had nothing available for the sdcc dates at that time.

The Marriot Marquis is the hotel I want but ouch not for $650. I will just have to cross my fingers and hope to score a room for closer $350 a night when the Con sale starts. :wishluck:

Just a heads up,

Cci closed the member I'd to new new IDs. Traditionally that has meant that the gen sale is coming up shortly. I'm not so sure abt that but we should know shortly.

We don't know a few things yet, like how many badges a person can buy etc

If it's like Pre-Reg you can buy 3 total. We're still waiting on a response from them for the timeout issue we got. They said we can buy 4 day but we were in the queue early enough for 5 day. So they have extra "research" they need to do to verify.

yeah, not many folks have heard back from cci regarding the errors. That's one of the issues that could/should/might be addressed before the gen sale. the others include

how many passes will be allowed per log on

a confirmation that there will be the same randomization process as in pre reg

how upgrades will work