• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I put my 9.8 in the holiday raffle. :o

By the time the raffle gets here the book will have gone through an entire price cycle and be back down to exactly what it was worth when you put it in the raffle. So...no worries!

Oh and just in case I'm wrong, if it's still available near my pick? Those who pick above me? I'm 100 percent correct on this. Nothing to see here. Move on. ;)

+1

Doomsday will be one and done. He will be killed off in the film and no more. He'll be a throwaway character.

You don't know that. They've already made the calculated move of turning Zod into Doomsday, so they could easily keep the character around similar to what the Marvel movies have done with Loki.

I agree, no reason that Superman 3 couldn't be the death and return of Superman, opening with an epic battle of Supes/Doomsday resulting in the death of both.

It's true. I don't know. We are talking about "Visionary Director" Zack Snyder. It's just my opinion. I still say the group defeats Doomsday and they move on to the next villain. I doubt Doomsday will be as invincible as he is in the comics.

They definitely gave too much away, but I think it looks pretty good.

I'm actually looking forward to it but could careless about a Wonder Woman cameo and I'm sick and tired of Luthor. They gave up way too much and I can see this getting boring quick once they show 10 minutes and back and forth smashing [just like the last Supes movie]. At least DC finally got around to showing some new super powered villains for a change, I'm not sure what took them so long.

I don't think they gave up too much. I agree showing Doomsday was quite revealing, but we still haven't seen Aquaman or any other surprise characters DC hasn't announced. It should be interesting too see how they show the other superheroes and Lex's role into all of this.

What did everyone think of the new Batman/Superman trailer with Lex, Wonder Woman and a new villain?

I kinda hated it. I am already sick of Eisenberg as Lex and he was onscreen for like 30 seconds. It just felt joyless, overly dark, and somehow low budget (which I know makes little sense). I know DC is going for a different feel than Marvel (and they should), but I did not care for Man of Steel, and this seems like it is going the same direction. Both Batman and Superman came across as completely unlikable and gloomy (Batman is allowed to be, but not Superman). Then they throw an over the top campy Lex at you which seems 100% out of place with an otherwise very serious universe.

+1

I really hope this movie doesn't suck.

+1. As long as Zack Snyder is directing these JLA-type movies, we're not getting anything better than MOS which was 7/10. Excessive CGI, all shot inside a studio warehouse with BS backgrounds, gratuitous destruction, and warping of characters (I am am so unimpressed with Eisenberg's portrayal of LL.

What did everyone think of the new Batman/Superman trailer with Lex, Wonder Woman and a new villain?

I kinda hated it. I am already sick of Eisenberg as Lex and he was onscreen for like 30 seconds. It just felt joyless, overly dark, and somehow low budget (which I know makes little sense). I know DC is going for a different feel than Marvel (and they should), but I did not care for Man of Steel, and this seems like it is going the same direction. Both Batman and Superman came across as completely unlikable and gloomy (Batman is allowed to be, but not Superman). Then they throw an over the top campy Lex at you which seems 100% out of place with an otherwise very serious universe.

+1

+1. As long as Zack Snyder is directing these JLA-type movies, we're not getting anything better than MOS which was 7/10. Excessive CGI, all shot inside a studio warehouse with BS backgrounds, gratuitous destruction, and warping of characters (I am am so unimpressed with Eisenberg's portrayal of LL.

unimpressed is fairly positive, i had it as embarrassing

+1

unimpressed is fairly positive, i had it as embarrassing

Mike go back to your wine an cheese. Man of Steel was one of the best superhero movie ever made.

Stop your non-sense!

Wow I hate to admit it but I wasn't a fan of that trailer #2 what so ever.

They gave away the whole movie. :facepalm:

I really hope this movie is good because a lot for DC is riding on this.

Lex Luthor's character looked downward disgraceful.

1. MOS was 9.5/10.

2. The trailer was awesome.

3. New Lex is a great new take on the character.

4. Both Supes and Bats looked and sounded great.

5. The trailer did not give away way too much. Even if that were true, it wouldn't matter.

6. Can't wait for the movie.

7. I have no idea what some people are saying in this thread.

There are some that just do not care for Zack Snyder or anything outside of Marvel. So their view is clouded before any trailer is released.

Meanwhile, I loved this recent trailer. Enough tension between Batman and Superman it makes sense why they combat one another initially (thank you Chris Terrio), while now plugging in a large enough Big Bad to show how they overcome their distrust of each other to take down something for the greater good.

:applause:

Like everyone else, I thought the look of Doomsday was terrible, but one of the shows on Youtube mentioned this "might" be OK. In the comic book, the boney protrusions that gave Doomsday his distinctive look grew as he got stronger and fought Supes. If this is the approach that Snyder is taking, I'm fine with this. Otherwise, I think he really up the design for this monstere character.

I seem to recall those bony protrusions are important somehow... hm

deadsuperman2.jpg

Edited by Batman

This could be the first morph of Doomsday before he changes over to the more rock-covered version.

The cover of Man of Steel #18 has him wrapped and it's pretty clear there aren't protrusions (yet).

Good point! By the time he breaks out of those restraints and burial suit, those bony protrusions that become weapons extend out.

500px-Doomsday_006.jpg

There are some that just do not care for Zack Snyder or anything outside of Marvel. So their view is clouded before any trailer is released.

:applause:

I am one of those that does not care for Zack Snyder, but my view of SvB is not clouded thereby. I have watched this trailer multiple times and it's clear with Doomsday/Godzilla that we're going to have a rehash of the last 30 mins of MOS -- not at all unlike the fail that was the last half hour of Avengers 2, which was a parody of Avengers 1.

Good lord Smallville was dumb. D-U-M-B.

But dammit…Michael Rosenbaum was a fantastic Lex!

…and Lana Loiswas gorgeous!

I can understand Affleck talking as Bats. That's a big plus for me.

I agree that Smallville was, let's say, problematic. However, there was a brilliant scene in season 1 where anyone who touched the old lady could see their future. Rosenbaum barely brushed by her and saw the future vision of him standing on a pile of skulls (Terminator 2 style). Fantastic portrayal of Luthor.

I am one of those that does not care for Zack Snyder, but my view of SvB is not clouded thereby. I have watched this trailer multiple times and it's clear with Doomsday/Godzilla that we're going to have a rehash of the last 30 mins of MOS -- not at all unlike the fail that was the last half hour of Avengers 2, which was a parody of Avengers 1.

Well, there is the problem. We all are watching BvS (forward), and you are watching SvB (trailer in reverse). It plays better when you watch it forward.

:baiting: