• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Relax guys, eisenberg is actually not portraying the quintessential lex luthor from the comics. He's playing his son, Jr. (according to this article):

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/6/9463323/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-batman-v-superman

Also, wonder woman sucks and (has always) translated poorly to the screen and it looks to be no different this time. If Warner is smart they will scratch the (planned) solo movie with her from their line up.

-J.

Right. :eyeroll:

Wonder Woman will always be Lynda Carter for me.

I have zero expectations for the Wonder Woman movie box office. If it's good I will be pleased.

I truly hope I am wrong and BvS is a good movie, but I have the feeling this movie will make DC have to rethink their future movies using Zack Snyder.

I defended this movie early on, and now I have switched my view.

After we all see Star Wars the BvS movie is going to be a huge let down. Suicide Squad will steal the show for DC this year.

Fixed it for you. And I also liked this movie early on, and now I see ASM2 all over again.

Agreed, SS will be this year's GOTG.

Suicide Squad may end up being a huge hit. But it will be a huge hit like 300. It will not be like GoG. You could take a 10 year old to GoG, and that was part of the phenomenon - it was somewhat Disney-fied.

If Suicide Squad blows up it will be more like a SAW, Paranormal Activity or 300 style hit where teens and adults go see it based upon word of mouth.

My gut feeling is this Lex will be Lex Luthor II, the Lex-clone with Lex's brain, posing as his long lost son from Australia ;)

Time to stock up on those Action Comics #670s...

My gut feeling is this Lex will be Lex Luthor II, the Lex-clone with Lex's brain, posing as his long lost son from Australia ;)

Oh, thank goodness.

I never thought I would write this but I think I would actually prefer the Brandon Routh-Kevin Spacey Superman-Luthor combination over this Zack Snyder-directed tandem. :cry:

And why does Zack Snyder have an aversion to tripods?

As per the BvS trailer that was just released

1. Luthor has a Heath Ledger Joker vibe to him which I don't like

2. Doomsday looks like a Michael Bay Ninja Turtle

I watched the trailer...felt a little miss 90's Batmanmovies without the neon colors. I didn't necessarily get the Ledger Joker vibe but I definitely got a Joker vibe from him. That was honestly one of my first thoughts. Over all it looks pretty bad. Another reason it feels 90's Batman is Affleck. He looks too old for a reboot.

It's Lex Jr.

At least as posited by multiple sources I have seen.

The "real" and bald Lex Sr. is purportedly being held back for a later flick. Possibly the JLA movies.

Eisenberg's Lex is a red herring.

-J.

It's Lex Jr.

At least as posited by multiple sources I have seen.

The "real" and bald Lex Sr. is purportedly being held back for a later flick. Possibly the JLA movies.

Eisenberg's Lex is a red herring.

-J.

they probably retconned his character's name after seeing the dailies

Unless DC has something up their sleeve this could be the worst released trailer in the history of comic book movies.

People are saying exactly the same stuff as we are all saying.

Worldwide people are trashing this movie now.........

Wonder Woman or any other superhero should not be in this movie.

Doomsday should be a Superman movie trilogy where DC/Warner Bros would have made a billion dollars.

DC is cramming way too much too soon down our throats.

Marvel = smart

DC = consistently stupid

Edited by SPECTRE_nWo

Unless DC has something up their sleeve this could be the worst released trailer in the history of comic book movies.

People are saying exactly the same stuff as we are all saying.

Worldwide people are trashing this movie now.........

Links?