• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,096 posts in this topic

I feel like it's appropriate to note that, while informative, revenue ratio does isn't always a gauge of comparative profitability.

This Bloomberg article got a lot of pick-up last month.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-08/-batman-v-superman-seen-earning-less-profit-than-superman-alone

It notes that Man of Steel ended up netting Warner Bros. an estimated $300 million in profit and that to match that, analysts pegged BvS as having to gross at least $1.15 billion worldwide.

At just $900 million worldwide, BvS would give Warners a profit of "only" $278 million (accounting for box office, home video, TV & merchandise proceeds).

A huge sum & a win, but still less profitable overall than Man of Steel was.

Further, multiple outlets peg BvS's "break-even" at $925 million worldwide, which it won't hit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/batman-v-superman-set-to-be-less-profitable-than-man-of-steel-a6978411.html

What a negative place this part of the boards has become. Doing all one can to convey failure because they didn't like the movie. So continuously all over the thread meant to discuss the film.

You all can keep that noise.

I feel like it's appropriate to note that, while informative, revenue ratio does isn't always a gauge of comparative profitability.

This Bloomberg article got a lot of pick-up last month.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-08/-batman-v-superman-seen-earning-less-profit-than-superman-alone

It notes that Man of Steel ended up netting Warner Bros. an estimated $300 million in profit and that to match that, analysts pegged BvS as having to gross at least $1.15 billion worldwide.

At just $900 million worldwide, BvS would give Warners a profit of "only" $278 million (accounting for box office, home video, TV & merchandise proceeds).

A huge sum & a win, but still less profitable overall than Man of Steel was.

Further, multiple outlets peg BvS's "break-even" at $925 million worldwide, which it won't hit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/batman-v-superman-set-to-be-less-profitable-than-man-of-steel-a6978411.html

If that`s the case than,maybe they would have been better of making a solo Batman and solo Superman instead.

By biggest gripe with BvS was I wanted a Man of Steel 2 movie first,than solo Ben Af Batman to made before BvS.

Bosco, great news on the DVD.

...But is there any hopes of a R rated theater release 'Supercut'?

I think that would be fun to see :wishluck:

i'll say maybe but who knows but i do hope so maybe closer to the release of the DVD.

Sure seems like BvS and Civil War had the same story. Superheroes causing too much damage and death. Heroes on both sides of the issue fighting each other.

Everyone knew or should have known that there would be some very obvious direct comparisons to make. Which is why many are surprised at the product that DC put out.

Its like they wanted points just for being different from Marvel.

People still talking about this? You hated it, you loved it.....you loved and hated it.....whatever.....lol.
Reading through the Cap and X-Men threads it struck me...

Has any other genre of film been critically-magnified like comic book movies? I can't remember westerns ever being like that. Or creature-features, or anything.

Always been plenty of room for all of it, excellent to garbage. But with 'Superheroes' it seems either it smashes all records and mass expectations... or they shouldn't even have tried.

Personally I'm just glad they're finally getting made. And happy I have a wide expanse for what I can enjoy.

Has any other genre of film been critically-magnified like comic book movies?

Probably the Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, etc., book fanatics have something similar on their message boards around the innertubes.

Has any other genre of film been critically-magnified like comic book movies?

Probably the Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, etc., book fanatics have something similar on their message boards around the innertubes.

Probably considering those YA movies Insurgent and MR: The Scorch Trials were absolutely unwatchable. :sick:

Those opuses must have hurt their genre.

The Hunger Games was _really_ well done (well...speaking for the first two movies only -- the first film was passable; the second movie improved on the book; I ignored the last two movies because the third book sucked donkey balls).

But I've _never_ seen as much internet ink spilled as I did for Gone Girl. _So_ many articles comparing the movie to the book, contrasting choices, etc.

The difference there was that both the book and Fincher's movie were _amazing_ and could stand independently.

Oh -- wait -- I forgot about Game of Thrones.

Those folks (esp. who have read the books) are _obsessed_ with their internet message board chatter.

The Hunger Games was _really_ well done (well...speaking for the first two movies only -- the first film was passable; the second movie improved on the book; I ignored the last two movies because the third book sucked donkey balls).

But I've _never_ seen as much internet ink spilled as I did for Gone Girl. _So_ many articles comparing the movie to the book, contrasting choices, etc.

The difference there was that both the book and Fincher's movie were _amazing_ and could stand independently.

Oh -- wait -- I forgot about Game of Thrones.

Those folks (esp. who have read the books) are _obsessed_ with their internet message board chatter.

OMG, that is so true!

Although I haven't opened my Game of Thrones Blu Rays to watch yet.

I hated Mockingjay and didn't care for each movie myself.

I loved Gillian Flynn's Sharp Objects and Dark Places, as well as Gone Girl and the movie. Thought the Dark Places movie was average. Probably would hated it if I hadn't read the book.

Sebastian Stan Weighs In On BATMAN V SUPERMAN And The DCEU

Still doing press for Captain America: Civil War, Sebastian Stan was asked by The Daily Beast whether he had a chance to view Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and if so, what he thought of the film. Apparently Stan is a fan.

" I did see Batman v Superman and I enjoyed it. I think visually it was insane. I thought Ben Affleck was an incredible Batman. I thought that fight sequence he had against all the guys, that was sick. Even Jesse Eisenberg was cracking me up at some points."

He also commented on Warner Bros. plan to rapidly build up to a Justice League film rather than take a slower, more methodical approach like Marvel did with the first Avengers movie.

"I also think that DC is at a point right now where, it’s been my impression, they want to get to Justice League. They want to go ahead and kind of get everybody fighting together. And I think the best way to jumpstart that was to get what I think most people wanted to see for a long time: Batman vs. Superman, two of the biggest superheroes in history."

gif-king-0d4b9d354631fa7f8b63b1d82eff699e.gif

:applause:

13087923_566498140178173_887456290450148244_n_zpsqrogy00y.jpg i saw these the other and like how someone broke down both movies in phases.

Easy.

Marvel Phase 1 produced six movies in five years and _culminated_ in the heroes all meeting in the team-up movie Avengers.

DC Phase 1 didn't actually begin with Man of Steel, but afterwards, once they decided to scrap Superman 2 in favor of Batman vs. Superman. So DC is effectively pushing four movies in two years.

And that fourth film includes all the heroes meeting in the team-up movie Justice League Part 1.

Last I checked, 6 movies in 5 years is a tad slower than 4 movies in 2 years.

Target received three of the four Phase II figures from the Batman v Superman Multiverse Set. So I did the plunge so I could come close to finishing the Batman Grapnel Blaster.

v0B5JPy.jpg

It's actually a really cool piece when you get this far along to completing it. Now all I need is the Multiverse Aquaman which comes with the Grapnel hooks and this piece will be done.

s-l300.jpg

s-l225.jpg