• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I can't speak for her, but given her profession and advocacy for equal treatment of all women as professionals in various industries including film, I'd say that her views are fairly representative.

How unrepentently sexist! :ohnoez: Just because she doesnt respect the subtle differences between words doesnt mean that all women feel the same way. (tsk)

I'd say her profession actually more likely involves significantly more interaction with a specific cross section of the female population that shares a similar level of sensitivity towards these issues, which actually weakens your point rather than strengthening it.

Why? I share their sensitivity towards feminism, but that doesn't mean I think that people who are still stuck in gender stereotypes harbor a hatred for women. Nor do I have any reason to think that a majority of feminists believe that.

True, it suggests a hatred of equality. Some men have a gentrification attitude about roles and privilege. That's why there are still men only institutions. Those who are members see nothing wrong with it, even though gender prohibitions may limit access and interaction with power holders that further limit opportunity. It's a cultural thing not related to hatred of women, it's specific to where some men view a woman's role in society. Yes, it's antiquated and not at all PC, but it still exists, believe it or not.

I'm not sure where Superman stands in all of this. I'd like to believe that the old Superman would stand up for equal rights. The new one may be too busy saving Lois and too depressed to take a stand on such a controversial oversight.

My 2c

Batman V Superman Ultimate Edition Cover Art And Release Date Revealed

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice packed a wealth of information and world building into its 2 hour and 33 minutes long running time.

If that wasn't enough for you, well, the Ultimate Edition (via Amazon) will most likely be the purchase for you. The 4K Ultra HD + Blur-ray + Digital HD set will drop on July 15th, and will run for $30.

bvs-ultimate-edition-cover-181878.jpg

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice packed a wealth of information and world building into its 2 hour and 33 minutes long running time.

If that wasn't enough for you, well, the Ultimate Edition (via Amazon) will most likely be the purchase for you. The 4K Ultra HD + Blur-ray + Digital HD set will drop on July 15th, and will run for $30.

:whee:

That's it. Time for a 4K big screen.

+1 (thumbs u

+1 (thumbs u

+1

Check out this site for deals on tvs

Slickdeals.net

I must admit, I love mine! I'm not a "gotta have the newest, biggest, best" sort of guy, but we just picked up a 65 in curved 4K TV for our living room and the picture is amazing!

I must admit, I love mine! I'm not a "gotta have the newest, biggest, best" sort of guy, but we just picked up a 65 in curved 4K TV for our living room and the picture is amazing!

I bought one for when the first season of Daredevil came out in 4k - totally worth it :thumbsup:

But hurt on so many levels. And as Mr. Snyder counts his wheelbarrows full of money, he'll dry any butthurt-initiated tears with hundred dollar bills. None from DM though, which in and of itself, must crush the poor soul.

Meanwhile it Warner Brothers can survive this movie (which only generated $900M in box office take), I'm sure they'll never, ever, ever make that mistake again. Oh, except maybe for the Wonder Woman movie, the batman solo movie, the Justice league movie, etc....

Edit for you dc haters - I'm being sarcastic!

But hurt on so many levels. And as Mr. Snyder counts his wheelbarrows full of money, he'll dry any butthurt-initiated tears with hundred dollar bills. None from DM though, which in and of itself, must crush the poor soul.

Meanwhile it Warner Brothers can survive this movie (which only generated $900M in box office take), I'm sure they'll never, ever, ever make that mistake again. Oh, except maybe for the Wonder Woman movie, the batman solo movie, the Justice league movie, etc....

Edit for you dc haters - I'm being sarcastic!

Why is one a "dc hater" simply because one didn't like BvS? I loved the Dark Knight trilogy and would have been ecstatic if BvS had turned out great.

A good movie is a good movie no matter what the subject matter is, but BvS wasn't a particularly good movie - large box office take notwithstanding.

Why is one a "dc hater" simply because one didn't like BvS? I loved the Dark Knight trilogy and would have been ecstatic if BvS had turned out great.

A good movie is a good movie no matter what the subject matter is, but BvS wasn't a particularly good movie - large box office take notwithstanding.

This.

Batman is (by far) my favorite superhero.

And the Nolan movies are nearly without reproach.

So BvS's mediocrity is judgment in a vacuum, independent of this mythical "DC hate" or "DC v. Marvel" mythology.

If the film were actually good, it would have inspired repeat viewings by the public; instead, it dropped so fast it sold fewer U.S. tickets than Batman Forever and was basically out of China within three weeks.

There was a summer when there were two good movies released by the rival publishers that no one doubted.

I think a lot people want to relive 2008 all over again.

The truth is, we can. From the critical viewpoints, Warner/DC just has to make better movies again.