• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Sebastian Stan Weighs In On BATMAN V SUPERMAN And The DCEU

Still doing press for Captain America: Civil War, Sebastian Stan was asked by The Daily Beast whether he had a chance to view Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and if so, what he thought of the film. Apparently Stan is a fan.

" I did see Batman v Superman and I enjoyed it. I think visually it was insane. I thought Ben Affleck was an incredible Batman. I thought that fight sequence he had against all the guys, that was sick. Even Jesse Eisenberg was cracking me up at some points."

He also commented on Warner Bros. plan to rapidly build up to a Justice League film rather than take a slower, more methodical approach like Marvel did with the first Avengers movie.

"I also think that DC is at a point right now where, it’s been my impression, they want to get to Justice League. They want to go ahead and kind of get everybody fighting together. And I think the best way to jumpstart that was to get what I think most people wanted to see for a long time: Batman vs. Superman, two of the biggest superheroes in history."

gif-king-0d4b9d354631fa7f8b63b1d82eff699e.gif

:applause:

aka "i can't say how i really feel."

13087923_566498140178173_887456290450148244_n_zpsqrogy00y.jpg i saw these the other and like how someone broke down both movies in phases.

Well, Man Of Steel wasn't the start of the movie DCU...that concept was an after thought...and Suicide Squad has no relation to the other films, soooooo...

They've gone BvS, Wonder Woman, Justice League in 18 months.

Usually, it's called a cash grab...but that suggest somebody is making money, and I'm not sure they will.

...and Suicide Squad has no relation to the other films, soooooo...

Outside of the appearance of Ben Affleck as Batman, right? Which seems to have been planned from the beginning of the shooting of that movie.

13087923_566498140178173_887456290450148244_n_zpsqrogy00y.jpg i saw these the other and like how someone broke down both movies in phases.

Well, Man Of Steel wasn't the start of the movie DCU...that concept was an after thought...and Suicide Squad has no relation to the other films, soooooo...

They've gone BvS, Wonder Woman, Justice League in 18 months.

Usually, it's called a cash grab...but that suggest somebody is making money, and I'm not sure they will.

Did you see the box office numbers on the early Marvel movies? Did they lose money?

Seriously, your concern about the executives at Warner Bros not making money is admirable, but I think they can live with the money they are making from BvS.

Edited by rjrjr

Which major studio is making movies for charity?

Thank the gods....finally some common sense at WB/DC:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-v-superman-fallout-warner-895174

I always thought Geoff Johns should have been involved from the start. This is good news to me!

Completely agree. This is the reckoning I had been waiting for. Looks like Snyder's future creative leadership on the DCEU films is being quietly neutered.

Thank the gods....finally some common sense at WB/DC:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-v-superman-fallout-warner-895174

I always thought Geoff Johns should have been involved from the start. This is good news to me!

Completely agree. This is the reckoning I had been waiting for. Looks like Snyder's future creative leadership on the DCEU films is being quietly neutered.

Thank goodness.

But is it too late to right the ship? I mean, BvS kind of already "set the tone"?

And JL is shooting right now - I had the same question. How long until we see an impact? Or, does this make the near future worse because now they're trying to change the vision DURING the shooting of the next major movie so it's going to be a creative disaster until JL2?

It will be fine to right the ship midstream for DC with JL. Shooting just started so they can change things as needed.

FWIW, can Marvel right the ship? We finally saw Civil War tonight with the kids and the theatre was one quarter full on a Friday night with rain.

My wife and kids felt it was an okay movie, but not great. I agree. The action scenes were sped up so much it was horrible, and the story was very weak. My son said he was likely the first one in his grade 5 class to see the film. I asked how he knew and he said that nobody was talking about it at school. I asked him if they normally do and he said yes, everyone was talking about AoU last summer and BvS earlier this year (and a couple of kids that saw Deadpool bragged about it lol), but there was nothing regarding Civil War.