• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Saw an interview with Christopher Reeve where he said he was skinny at the audition but once he got the role told the producers that he didn't want to wear a padded suit. his superman workout for #1 is pretty well documented

If there really was a Batman, the steroid-ridden, HGH-juiced 2016 version that we are now seeing in images and trailers wouldn't last long in a fight against a villain because he's too heavy and stocky to be quick and jump around nimbly, from roof tops, etc. He would lose his stamina after 10 minutes of fighting.

Edited by zosocane

Saw an interview with Christopher Reeve where he said he was skinny at the audition but once he got the role told the producers that he didn't want to wear a padded suit. his superman workout for #1 is pretty well documented

And it was David Prowse who trained him. There was slight padding I think in the shoulders but not much. Just wonder bra amounts.

I think its on one of the directors cuts or extra features on the superman dvd.

He worked his off and gained like 25 lbs

Is There More Than One Amazon In Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice?

Just like with Harley Quinn, Graves was created outside of the comics. She appeared first in the 1990’s Superman The Animated series and appeared to be Lex Luthor’s bodyguard and assistant. She was shown to be a skilled fighter and highly intelligent. From there the character move into the comics with and interesting twist coming in Justice League: Cry For Justice where it was revealed that she was in fact an Amazon like Wonder Woman.

So we know that Okamoto is playing Mercy, but whether Zack Snyder brings in the potential Amazon connection remains to be seen.

:o

Zack Snyder Reveals New JUSTICE LEAGUE Details And How The Solo Movies All Connect :applause:

Warner Bros. are taking a very different approach to their Cinematic Universe (or "Extended Universe" as they're calling it) than Marvel, with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League introducing the heroes before their origin stories are presumably told in solo outings which are going to follow those movies. It all begins with Batman v Superman next year though. "What we are doing is ground up all the way. It is one giant story," director Zack Snyder explains. "The first thing we had was the Justice League concept. The other movies, in a way, have to support that. That is our Wonder Woman, our Aquaman. They have their own creative concepts that supports them, but they do serve Justice League in the coming together of those heroes."

That won't restrict those in charge of the other heroes too much as the director goes on to explain that the other filmmakers contributing to the DC Extended Universe will have complete creative freedom, albeit with him keeping a very close eye on them. "I want all the other directors of the other films to be able to stretch their legs and do what they want, but at the same time there is a big interconnected universe. I have given everyone amazing access to our story, to me, and what we are doing. All the films have like minded conceptual jumping on points." Snyder wasn't willing to get into specifics, but he did tease what the magazine describes as an "elusive" cameo for Aquaman in Dawn of Justice by promising only that, "You will understand he exists."

Now, many fans have accused Warner Bros. of not having any sort of plan, but the magazine was lucky enough to see a board which maps out how and where the movies take place in the DC Extended Universe and how they all link up to wach other. Producer Deborah Snyder describes that as, "Kind of a timeline of what every movie is, where it is going, and where the films fit in relation to each other." Fellow producer Charles Roven meanwhile went into even further details about how they're ensuring that these movies all exist in the same world while not restricting their directors and writers too much. "We call it the sandbox. It has borders around it, but everybody gets to play in the sandbox. On Suicide Squad, David Ayer has a lot of specific control over his area of the sandbox. Even if he crosses the line a little bit, we see if we can push our boundaries back a little bit." With Justice League set to start shooting next Spring

Zack Snyder Reveals New JUSTICE LEAGUE Details And How The Solo Movies All Connect :applause:

Warner Bros. are taking a very different approach to their Cinematic Universe (or "Extended Universe" as they're calling it) than Marvel, with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League introducing the heroes before their origin stories are presumably told in solo outings which are going to follow those movies. It all begins with Batman v Superman next year though. "What we are doing is ground up all the way. It is one giant story," director Zack Snyder explains. "The first thing we had was the Justice League concept. The other movies, in a way, have to support that. That is our Wonder Woman, our Aquaman. They have their own creative concepts that supports them, but they do serve Justice League in the coming together of those heroes."

That won't restrict those in charge of the other heroes too much as the director goes on to explain that the other filmmakers contributing to the DC Extended Universe will have complete creative freedom, albeit with him keeping a very close eye on them. "I want all the other directors of the other films to be able to stretch their legs and do what they want, but at the same time there is a big interconnected universe. I have given everyone amazing access to our story, to me, and what we are doing. All the films have like minded conceptual jumping on points." Snyder wasn't willing to get into specifics, but he did tease what the magazine describes as an "elusive" cameo for Aquaman in Dawn of Justice by promising only that, "You will understand he exists."

Now, many fans have accused Warner Bros. of not having any sort of plan, but the magazine was lucky enough to see a board which maps out how and where the movies take place in the DC Extended Universe and how they all link up to wach other. Producer Deborah Snyder describes that as, "Kind of a timeline of what every movie is, where it is going, and where the films fit in relation to each other." Fellow producer Charles Roven meanwhile went into even further details about how they're ensuring that these movies all exist in the same world while not restricting their directors and writers too much. "We call it the sandbox. It has borders around it, but everybody gets to play in the sandbox. On Suicide Squad, David Ayer has a lot of specific control over his area of the sandbox. Even if he crosses the line a little bit, we see if we can push our boundaries back a little bit." With Justice League set to start shooting next Spring

Is there now an equivalent to Kevin Feige at DC keeping all that straight? :wishluck: It seemed like that was Christopher Nolan briefly, now I can only assume it's either Nolan, Snyder, or both of them.

Is there now an equivalent to Kevin Feige at DC keeping all that straight? :wishluck: It seemed like that was Christopher Nolan briefly, now I can only assume it's either Nolan, Snyder, or both of them.

i think is Snyder, Johns and a team are building the universe and making sure it fits right. WB could have gone the lucafilm way a have a story team that lays out the story points and help the writers, director of the film.

i think is Snyder, Johns and a team are building the universe and making sure it fits right. WB could have gone the lucafilm way a have a story team that lays out the story points and help the writers, director of the film.

Took 'em long enough. Now we'll see if it's worth the wait.

I heard they had a fully-casted Justice League film, but then someone cancelled it. Was that Geoff Johns? I'm not terribly familiar with him.

This was supposed to be the new Wonder Woman in that proposed Justice League film--Megan Gale, a 5' 11" Australian model. The director was going to be George Miller, the writer/director of the hugely successful Mad Max film this summer. Miller liked Gale so much from his exposure to her on Justice League that he wrote a part into Mad Max for her. I like her look quite a bit more than Gal Godot's, but I know nothing about her acting.

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-casts-wonder-woman-vic-1136/

Megan+Gale+Reopens+David+Jones+Store+Follwoing+6YiTjP3PY6fl.jpg1415248264588_Image_galleryImage_27_OCTOBER_2014_SUNSHINE_.JPG

I heard they had a fully-casted Justice League film, but then someone cancelled it. Was that Geoff Johns? I'm not terribly familiar with him.

This was supposed to be the new Wonder Woman in that proposed Justice League film--Megan Gale, a 5' 11" Australian model. The director was going to be George Miller, the writer/director of the hugely successful Mad Max film this summer. Miller liked Gale so much from his exposure to her on Justice League that he wrote a part into Mad Max for her. I like her look quite a bit more than Gal Godot's, but I know nothing about her acting.

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-casts-wonder-woman-vic-1136/

Documentary coming out on 'Justice League: Mortal

I wonder how good she would have been in the role.

‘Batman V. Superman': Details On Bruce Wayne’s New Home & Gotham City

Considering that the destruction caused by the Battle of Metropolis and the Kryptonian world engine at the end of Man of Steel, it’s not a stretch to assume that Gotham suffered damage (if not as much Metropolis) in the following months. Metropolis would have the money to recover, but what about the poorer Gotham? While the main focus of the film will be the conflict between Superman and Batman’s respective ideologies and tactics, there’s room to explore the class divide here further and show how that affects the citizens’ views on the heroes.

Bailey Chase Hints At His Mystery Role In BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

While promoting his show's revival on Netflix, Longmire's Bailey Chase opened up to /Film about his small, mystery part in Zach Snyder's movie.

Hold back your speculation for a moment though. “I’m not a superhero but I’ve got a nice, cool role that opens the movie,” Chase revealed, suggesting it could well be an original part (although it would be a nice touch if his non-powered character still originated from DC Comics). “I get to do quite a bit with Amy Adams and I can’t wait to see it," he continued, "It was just such a thrill to work with Zack Snyder and something on that scale, I’ve never done that before.”

Based on these comments, it's easy to dismiss Chase as a colleague of Lois'. However, what he had to say about his training process was a little more intriguing. “I had about three weeks of rehearsal,” he claimed. "I’m pretty good on a horse but I had more horseback training. I got some more gun training, got to work with a retired SEAL. It’s going to look awesome."

longmire-40.jpg