• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I know that the typical and traditional interpretation of Batman includes his rules against killing folks......BUT isn't it apparent from the trailers and all the information already leaked that he intends to kill Superman at the very least?

His entire dialogue with Alfred is capped by stating he has to "destroy" Superman. He's also visualized snapping a superman soldier's neck in the desert....

I think the gloves have been off for awhile since Supes took out Zod in MOS.

I think we're going to see alot of changes that folks aren't always going to agree with, but killing definitely seems within the realm of a realistic interpretation of these characters.

It wouldn't surprise me if you're right about the killing... however let's hope Batman doesn't resort to using a machine gun to do it.

"Intends to kill Superman" ... That would be the ultimate goal of "Batman vs Superman". It wouldn't be the same if he just wanted to rough him up a little and teach him a lesson... ;)

RUMOR: Scoot McNairy Is Playing Jimmy Olsen In Batman v Superman: DoJ

Ever since Scoot McNairy was cast in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the rumors have been aplenty about what his mysterious role may be. When some pictures of the actor wearing CG socks from the set of the film made their way online, many people thought that he would be playing Metallo or Will Magnus, or maybe even The Flash.

Last year a website called The Devils Eyes claimed that the actor is playing Jimmy Olsen, a well recognized character from the comics who is an investigative reporter and photo-journalist at the Daily Planet, as well as friend of Superman, but with an interesting twist. The character was present during the Black Zero event and lost his legs after they were pinned under falling building rubble. According to our sources, that information is indeed accurate.

Stan Lee Makes His Pick In Batman V. Superman

When asked which DC Comics superhero would win in a fight, Lee responded, “Superman, I think.”

“He’s indestructible, he can do anything,” Lee elaborated to The Boston Herald. “And Batman relies on a few weapons…But if this were real--a fight between Superman and Batman--there’s no way that Batman could win."

I know that the typical and traditional interpretation of Batman includes his rules against killing folks......BUT isn't it apparent from the trailers and all the information already leaked that he intends to kill Superman at the very least?

His entire dialogue with Alfred is capped by stating he has to "destroy" Superman. He's also visualized snapping a superman soldier's neck in the desert....

I think the gloves have been off for awhile since Supes took out Zod in MOS.

I think we're going to see alot of changes that folks aren't always going to agree with, but killing definitely seems within the realm of a realistic interpretation of these characters.

It wouldn't surprise me if you're right about the killing... however let's hope Batman doesn't resort to using a machine gun to do it.

"Intends to kill Superman" ... That would be the ultimate goal of "Batman vs Superman". It wouldn't be the same if he just wanted to rough him up a little and teach him a lesson... ;)

In Tec #28 Batman kills the bad guys, and if I recall the story in Action #14 Supes tosses a bad guy or two out of an office tower window. Back then the heroes were men...... lol