• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

:idea:

:takeit:

It's a no-brainer, right? They could do in fiction what Bruce Timm did in animation. Unleash a distinct high quality DCNU (novelized universe) for readers.

Imagine having a Justice League Dark series on par with The Dresden Files. I can. Or a Green Lantern series on par with the best Star Trek/Star Wars novels.

That brings up something I was checking out a month or so ago...

Why aren't there ongoing DC Universe novels for YA/Adult readers? ??? Swing over to Goodreads and serial-universes are on fire in the fantasy/scifi genres. The readership is HUGE. And the DCU could stand up to any of them. DC's broad range of characters in super-science, magic, horror, galactic, urban...

Why DC leaves such an obvious revenue stream just sitting there unfulfilled is beyond me. :screwy: Not to mention frustrating. :facepalm:

I'd love to read some richly plotted well written DCU novels by bestselling professionals.

A sales director that works out of our office has a cousin that dates Dan DiDio (they may even be engaged). Let me see if he has the ability to make that suggestion via his cousin. Worst-case, it remains an obvious hole in DC's offerings.

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice Rated PG-13

The Motion Picture Association of America has delivered a rating for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, and the film is rated PG-13, according to Box Office Mojo. the film earned its PG-13 rating for "intense sequences of violence and action throughout, and some sensuality."

The implication here is that there is a cut of the film that the filmmakers are satisfied by, since changes to the film after ratings would require it to go back for further review. Still, with six months to go before the movie is in theaters, it isn't outside of the realm of possibility that there could be changes made.

So that must mean the final cut is out there, hidden behind locked doors, waiting to be released.

:ohnoez::whee::ohnoez::whee::ohnoez:

The Motion Picture Association of America has delivered a rating for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, and the film is rated PG-13, according to Box Office Mojo. the film earned its PG-13 rating for "intense sequences of violence and action throughout, and some sensuality."

The implication here is that there is a cut of the film that the filmmakers are satisfied by, since changes to the film after ratings would require it to go back for further review. Still, with six months to go before the movie is in theaters, it isn't outside of the realm of possibility that there could be changes made.

So that must mean the final cut is out there, hidden behind locked doors, waiting to be released.

We're getting closer!

:applause::banana::applause::banana::applause:

Why aren't there ongoing DC Universe novels for YA/Adult readers? ??? Swing over to Goodreads and serial-universes are on fire in the fantasy/scifi genres. The readership is HUGE. And the DCU could stand up to any of them. DC's broad range of characters in super-science, magic, horror, galactic, urban...

Why DC leaves such an obvious revenue stream just sitting there unfulfilled is beyond me. :screwy: Not to mention frustrating. :facepalm:

I'd love to read some richly plotted well written DCU novels by bestselling professionals.

A sales director that works out of our office has a cousin that dates Dan DiDio (they may even be engaged). Let me see if he has the ability to make that suggestion via his cousin. Worst-case, it remains an obvious hole in DC's offerings.

Thank you! :foryou:

What's weird is, because superheroes are so bankable now, there are authors creating universes and connecting with those readers. Brandon Sanderson's 'Reckoners' series comes to mind. So it's maddening that DC isn't in there competing. Plus, as a lifelong fan, I need some quality DC.

The DCU is as rich and developed as any fictional universe out there.

300px-Steelheart_cover.jpg

Thank you! :foryou:

What's weird is, because superheroes are so bankable now, there are authors creating universes and connecting with those readers. Brandon Sanderson's 'Reckoners' series comes to mind. So it's maddening that DC isn't in there competing. Plus, as a lifelong fan, I need some quality DC.

The DCU is as rich and developed as any fictional universe out there.

300px-Steelheart_cover.jpg

I've read part of that series. It's a little "Young Adult"ish, but I still found them enjoyable reads.

We're getting closer!

:applause::banana::applause::banana::applause:

:whee::whee::whee::whee:

Why is it taking WB/DC 4-5 years to make one movie? Man of Steel had a long production time as well. Meanwhile, Marvel does it in less than one year. Dr. Strange hasn't even started filming yet and it comes out a little over a year from now.

Why is it taking WB/DC 4-5 years to make one movie? Man of Steel had a long production time as well. Meanwhile, Marvel does it in less than one year. Dr. Strange hasn't even started filming yet and it comes out a little over a year from now.

And look how that turned out for Joss Whedon's Avengers 2....he's a broken man and won't be back for other iterations of the Avengers.

The quality of that movie was at best questionable in part due to the pacing of the production.

And look how that turned out for Joss Whedon's Avengers 2....he's a broken man and won't be back for other iterations of the Avengers.

Wow. lol

I take it you didn't like Avengers 2.

I didn't DISLIKE it. Having said that, it wasn't better than the original and certainly wasn't as good as the hype preceding it.

There were huge plot holes and very little character development.

It seemed "phoned in" not "dialed in".

Check out the honest trailer regarding Avengers 2...it pretty much sums up how I feel:

Batman V. Superman Viral Marketing Reveals Lex Luthor's Background Story

The viral marketing for Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice has begun as Fortune runs some LexCorp sponsored content profiling the company’s CEO, Lex Luthor.

The piece describes how Lex reinvigorated the aging petrochemical and heavy machinery company founded by his father, turning it into a Fortune 500 tech darling, and paints a picture of the character as a member of the Silicon Valley elite.

"This jeans-wearing genius is equally at ease rappelling the climbing wall in his employee “inspiration station” and coding in “the crucible”: the cutting-edge R & D lab where the baby-faced billionaire verbally extemporizes computer code like Miles Davis improvising a trumpet solo."

The “feature” goes on to describe LexCorp as a rival to Wayne Enterprises, and goes into the company’s philanthropic efforts. You can read the entire profile at Fortune.

Jesse Eisenberg Says 'Lex Luthor' Is "Like A Real Scary Person" In BATMAN V SUPERMAN

In preparation of playing Lex Luthor, Eisenberg says he read up on some DC Comics featuring the Superman supervillain. However, The Social Network star reassures that he was not a comic book reader prior to the role, and that might have been helpful given he wouldn't be that "obsequious comic book fan" who was "too excited to stop smiling" while shooting the Man of Steel follow-up. Regardless, Eisenberg was pleased to have an abundance of source material to look through.

"There is this trove of stuff about this guy. A lot of it's repetitive, like he always winds up on the roof of his building giving some faux benevolent talk about how he's going to change the city," he said. "It's fun to take that campy cartoony stuff and try to put it into a real person and try to reconcile the two." Eisenberg also reassured that his portrayal of Lex Luthor won't be anything like Gene Hackman's in the original Superman movies because Dawn of Justice is "so different ... it has real psychological underpinnings, and this movie character feels like a real scary person."

I don't trust it. Lex will steal your bandwidth.

Batman Vs. Superman Confirmed For NYCC; LexCorp Providing WiFi

"Yes. Free WiFi throughout the Javits Center will be provided by LexCorp Industries.

LexCorp unites humanity through technology. We believe in technology as a means of communication, unification and a source of inspiration. To access the WiFi on-site at the Javits Center, connect to the "LexCorp" network from the list of available networks.

You will automatically be redirected to the LexCorp WiFi login page where you can enter your email address and click "CONNECT" to gain access to the network. LexCorp – together, we can build a better world."

lexcorp-nycc-booth.jpg

'Batman v Superman' hats and action figures revealed at NYCC

In the gallery below you can see some cool Batman hats, and a new action figure called “Knightmare Batman”. Commonly referred to as “Desert Batman” after the Comic-Con trailer, this new name seems to suggest that the scene takes place in a dream sequence. Maybe that’s why Batman was snapping people’s necks!

hm