• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

It does make sense however. You've got a literally Earth-shattering appearance of aliens in the first MOS movie....looking for one of their own in hiding. The result is the almost complete destruction of Metropolis as well as other parts of the world.

If you were the King of Atlantis or a princess of Themyscira or any super powered being you'd probably come out to play after that in some capacity.

Basically Superman shook loose all the folks that were previously unseen or on the brink of retirement. They're either going to want a piece of him or align themselves with him.

Eventually they're going to find out that he's no criminal, hell bent on destroying the world and see that there are bigger threats that require a team effort to combat.

That's all this movie is....an introduction to the rest of the gang.....they come gunning for him.....something else comes gunning for them.....and that's where we are at the end of this upcoming flick......the cusp of another battle that'll require group dynamics to win.

My guess is that a lot of the new additions will be "teased" in just a cameo scene or two here or there and that is it. Similar to what Marvel has done with some of their flicks.

As far as too much in one movie, Avengers and GotG had multiple heroes in their movies and it worked. The key is to focus on one main threat instead of multiple villains. As we have seen with the Spidey franchise, it does not work well.

Rumor: Warner Bros. wants more Batman, less Superman in ‘Batman v Superman’

Heroic Hollywood says that Warner Bros. wants more Batman and less Superman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Warner Bros. must be very impressed with what they’ve seen so far, as they’ve already approved a solo Batman movie that Ben Affleck will direct, star in, and write with DC Comics’ Geoff Johns.

Rumor: Warner Bros. wants more Batman, less Superman in ‘Batman v Superman’

Heroic Hollywood says that Warner Bros. wants more Batman and less Superman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Warner Bros. must be very impressed with what they’ve seen so far, as they’ve already approved a solo Batman movie that Ben Affleck will direct, star in, and write with DC Comics’ Geoff Johns.

Sigh, and once again Warners returns to the fallback position of Batman, batman, batman. And here I thought they would actually give other heroes the limelight for once.

I haven't seen that movie in years! hm That Beetlejuice looks a lot like some guy who once played Batman...

In all seriousness though, I would hope they don't cut down Supes' on-screen time in favour of Bats.

Total horse feces!!!! You can't have Batman v Superman without alot of both of them. How about adding some Bats and not removing some Supes?

It does feel like a knee-jerk reaction to some positive scenes. If you are trying to build out a larger universe by having the two big characters have a misunderstanding leading to a huge fight, give them equal time leading up to that fight.

it could be the board of directors that just want more batman in everything because is batman and have no clue what the WB/DC teams are planning with the whole DCMU characters.

Edited by kagenish

Zack Snyder Talks 'Robin' Rumor, Superhero Fatigue, BATMAN V SUPERMAN And JUSTICE LEAGUE

"I think it puts more pressure on us, the filmmakers, to not just crank out superhero movies for the sake of it," he said. "To me, the one thing I love working in the DC universe is that Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman are American mythology. It’s not about making a superhero, it’s a mythological universe that we live in. That I hope stands the test of time. They stood the test of time. That’s hopefully the sort of magic bullet. But who knows what audiences will want in the future." As for what he does to keep the trinity fresh, "To me it’s about the drama, the humanity of it. Those are like Shakespearean characters, Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent, they have inherent drama built into their makeup."

"I try and stay central," he replied. "There’s something really fun about bringing the other characters in, but it’s really about staying central to the real core mythology is what I think the audience enjoys most." About the many rumors surrounding DCEU, Synder was asked what are the craziest ones he's heard so far. "There are so many, it’s insanity," he said. "It’s funny because every now and then someone will touch on something that’s kind of true, but the next thing they say makes me realize that they took a wild guess. They’ll say something and I’ll say “Oh snap, they must have seen the -script.” And then they’ll say, “And this happens!” And then I’ll go, They have no idea what they’re talking about. It’s fun for everyone to speculate and take shots and think of things and try to sell it. There’s an industry in selling your guess. [People think], “I’m going to make a fake -script and look like I read the real one.” What length are you willing to go?" He continued, "There’s a rumor that my son is [playing] Robin. It’s not true. Now there are all these images of him that people have made where he’s dressed like Robin. It’s fun to hear and see them."

"I’m staying with Batman v Superman and Justice League and Justice League 2 — those are my main responsibilities, as well as producing the other movies," he reassured. "That’s the main line. Once you get Justice League, you’re pretty deep in it. But like I was saying, not to be a selfless promoter of our program, what it shows is that we have this giant berth of opportunity with the DC movies now to I think find the opportunities for even young filmmakers to even get involved because there are so many projects."