• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

While The Jungle Book's likely a lock to take # 1 at the box office this weekend, I'm sort of irrationally excited for Criminal.

Looks like some 80s b-movie action goodness but check out that cast:

Kevin Costner

Ryan Reynolds

Gary Oldman

Tommy Lee Jones

Gal Gadot

Alice Eve

:cloud9:

While The Jungle Book's likely a lock to take # 1 at the box office this weekend, I'm sort of irrationally excited for Criminal.

Looks like some 80s b-movie action goodness but check out that cast:

Kevin Costner

Ryan Reynolds

Gary Oldman

Tommy Lee Jones

Gal Gadot

Alice Eve

:cloud9:

So...............which female cast member will Costner be putting the moves on while filming this one - Gadot or Eve? lol

Edited by kimik

Coming up on $300 MM Domestic.

jJIpY3C.png

I changed it up a little and pulled Zack Snyder movies as a comparison. This may not be the most profitable of his movies. But it definitely the biggest.

you forgot the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake.

Watched a crappy version of this movie last night... just couldn't stand it any longer lol ...anyways i enjoyed it... a lot!... it had a couple WTH moments in it... clark in the (Artic?) one moment then back fast enough to save lois... and getting the spear... wears him out just pulling it from the pool... but is able to fly with it.... other then that... I liked it... not seeing where all the extreme hate is coming from.... its a superhero movie that's done very well... very comic book like... ya have backstory (briefly i might add)... lead in...crazy bad-guy... manipulation... hero's fight... become friends... more hero's show up.... save the day... bad guy goes to jail... new movie lead in... i think people are taking this way to seriously.... I can't wait for the DC of the movie... if its anything like the Watchmen it will tighten everything up and flesh out the story... I am excited to see this in a more ...ahem... HD format! :headbang:

I was going to write some lengthy comments today but have to say that yours sum up my feelings quite well. (thumbs u

I cannot understand why the critics savaged this movie. I can understand how roughly 30% of patrons felt it didn't represent their feelings and attitudes regarding the Major Characters.

Saw it in REAL 3D at a Cinemark and there were about 25 folks in there for a late ending Tuesday nighter, so not too shabby. I think that since the Movie is already so dark, 3D may NOT be the way too go.

I'm thinking 8-9 of 10 easy...

Oh, and I didn't find the portrayal of Lex all that disturbing either (different to be sure but not as bad as so many seem to feel).

All in all, 2.5+ hours of a VF+++ Comic Book movie :grin:

I haven't even seen it once. :(

If you like comics, go see it. It really is an above average movie from many aspects. However, there are some things from an overall story standpoint that could have been done better. Regardless, it is well worth the price of admission and you will get your money's worth on the screen. I paid to see it in the first week it was out, and while one certain aspect did not sit well with me and wish the writing team would have gone in another direction, I did not feel cheated or mad that I had paid to see in the theater with much dinero spent on concessions.

Last night; $4.20 for a SMALL Diet Coke... :o

If you like comics, go see it. It really is an above average movie from many aspects. However, there are some things from an overall story standpoint that could have been done better. Regardless, it is well worth the price of admission and you will get your money's worth on the screen. I paid to see it in the first week it was out, and while one certain aspect did not sit well with me and wish the writing team would have gone in another direction, I did not feel cheated or mad that I had paid to see in the theater with much dinero spent on concessions.

Go to 2 large cokes and popcorn and you get to pay $20.

BTW, how did you like the movie?

Obviously popcorn is hard to bring in, but nowadays my wife and I bring our own food and drink from outside. Get some ice cold bottles or cans, throw them in wife's purse, maybe a Mediterranean wrap or two (in foil of course), wait til the lights go dark and enjoy the show!

Otherwise you get the kids clamoring for a $15 minimum wage blowing $50 on hot dogs, soda, and popcorn, at a movie. NOTE: I don't have a comment on whether there should or should not be a $15 minimum wage, there's good and bad. But if you're at minimum wage you gotta bring your own whoppers and mike+ikes to a movie, or you lose your right to complain.

Edited by Revat

look above, I gave it a Metropolis VF+++ rating... :grin:

Batman V Superman Passes $300 Million Domestic, $800 Million Worldwide At Box Office

Yesterday was an important day at the box office for DC Entertainment, as Warner Bros.' Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice has crossed the $300 million mark at the domestic box office, inching closer to eclipsing Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and a potential spot in the ten highest-grossing comic book movies of all time.

Perhaps more importantly, the film has now made $800 million globally, passing the point where many analysts say it is now technically profitable for the studio.

Today, the film should officially cross the $500 million mark at the International Box Office; it's currently sitting at $499.6 million.

Atq7vAH.png

:applause:

BvS won't cross $1 billion. So the question now is, will BvS cross the $900 million mark? hm

Although it would be super for DC/Warner if the movie did cross $1 Billion, I think its 3.2X over budget is already saying a lot. Even with a story that has caused a strong difference of opinion over content and direction. What else did this movie deliver on that Warner needed badly?

- Launch point for the DCCU

- DC merchandising at retailers which was sorely lacking for years (Lego, action figures, posters, etc.)

- Ultimate Edition pre-order Blu-Ray/DVD set (July 16th release)

- Product placement revenue (Turkish Airlines, Aston Martin, Microsoft Lumia 950 smartphone, Under Armour, Samsung Notebook 9, 2016 Jeep Renegade, Ford Mustang, Jolly Ranchers :eek: )

I think this movie will turn out just fine. Especially with Warner added those two extra dates to its release calendar. Something must be going well.

BvS won't cross $1 billion. So the question now is, will BvS cross the $900 million mark? hm

Although it would be super for DC/Warner if the movie did cross $1 Billion, I think its 3.2X over budget is already saying a lot. Even with a story that has caused a strong difference of opinion over content and direction. What else did this movie deliver on that Warner needed badly?

- Launch point for the DCCU

- DC merchandising at retailers which was sorely lacking for years (Lego, action figures, posters, etc.)

- Ultimate Edition pre-order Blu-Ray/DVD set (July 16th release)

- Product placement revenue (Turkish Airlines, Aston Martin, Microsoft Lumia 950 smartphone, Under Armour, Samsung Notebook 9, 2016 Jeep Renegade, Ford Mustang, Jolly Ranchers :eek: )

I think this movie will turn out just fine. Especially with Warner added those two extra dates to its release calendar. Something must be going well.

I love the fact this movie will pull a profit and probably a decent one. If anything, it shows the population has not been oversaturated with superhero flicks which is good for us comic book guys. However, I have to believe there are some theater owners that are gnashing their teeth over the money they could have made if this movie just tweaked a few things. My guess is that WB learns from this, makes the needed tweaks and will have some huge profits going forward. I especially like the idea of Afleck getting the Batman movies to act and direct.