• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Congrats Justin, I know you've been waiting a long time for it.

No pics or vids ever do these things justice; they need to be seen in person.

Thanks Andrew! I was beginning to think it was never going to ship. :taptaptap:

Nice set, Mike! :applause:

That's an awesome setup. :applause:

awesome!

Thank you. :foryou:

Would be a lot cooler if this was vertical , not horizontal. You must use guerrilla glue for them

Picture looks horizontal on my iPad.

No "guerilla" ( vemd93.gif ) glue needed. :baiting:

Congrats Justin, I know you've been waiting a long time for it.

No pics or vids ever do these things justice; they need to be seen in person.

Thanks Andrew! I was beginning to think it was never going to ship. :taptaptap:

Nice set, Mike! :applause:

That's an awesome setup. :applause:

awesome!

Thank you. :foryou:

Would be a lot cooler if this was vertical , not horizontal. You must use guerrilla glue for them

Picture looks horizontal on my iPad.

No "guerilla" ( vemd93.gif ) glue needed. :baiting:

"Guerilla Glue" and "Gorilla Radio" :insane:

I LOVE seeing all the set ups here.

I have always wanted to dabble but I only have so much extra $$$ to go around and comics always seem to win out be whenever I peak at this thread, I get the bug to just buckle down and get me some statues or even one.

I always thought and still do think about building a "Spidey Shrine" though with with a mix of graded books and statues.

Any recommendations for a good Spidey statue to start???????????

I LOVE seeing all the set ups here.

I have always wanted to dabble but I only have so much extra $$$ to go around and comics always seem to win out be whenever I peak at this thread, I get the bug to just buckle down and get me some statues or even one.

I always thought and still do think about building a "Spidey Shrine" though with with a mix of graded books and statues.

Any recommendations for a good Spidey statue to start???????????

The new Amazing Spider-man statue coming soon from Sideshow is a good candidate. You can choose either the original costume or the black one or go for both. :grin:

They are still available for pre order on their website.

Yup that's the one. I got an exclusive on PO. I just hope the final product comes out like what's shown. My only gripe is that the base could have been designed better. However as long as they address any potential leaning issues than I am all good.

For those wondering about being on the Sideshow waitlist. My friend just had 2 convert in the last week. He was on since around September. One was the DC Comics Joker Arkham Asylum and the other was the Boba Fett.

Got this 1/2 scale bust in today. So much anticipation, but poorly executed by Sideshow. The part that annoys me the most is thay they're knocking it out of the park with their PFs but the predator and alien stuff gets the crappy QC. This is going to suffice me until I can track down the lifesize HCG.

20151124_192219_zpsxyodjvhc.jpg

Got this 1/2 scale bust in today. So much anticipation, but poorly executed by Sideshow. The part that annoys me the most is thay they're knocking it out of the park with their PFs but the predator and alien stuff gets the crappy QC. This is going to suffice me until I can track down the lifesize HCG.

What's wrong with the predator bust? Looks nice from my phone?

What's wrong with the predator bust? Looks nice from my phone?

The weathering is horrible compared to the proto. Something the Aliens and Predator line has suffered from. I'm not expecting proto quality, but not some lazy sunburst on the forehead. You can't see from this angle but they repositioned a dread across the left side of the mask with the production piece and they changed the angle of the plasma caster so it's not facing the direction he's looking.

Mine actually came with part of the dreads chipped off. Unfortunately SS doesn't have a replacement. So I'll be getting credit and info on the touch up paint used.